My wife and I travelled to Singapore with her brother and his wife and my wife's mother and her husband. The 6 of us were taken to the Club Lounge on the 19th floor to check in as we were staying in the Club Rooms. We were greeted by Leslie and Stella in the lounge and immediately the outstanding service started. Refreshing drinks were provided and we were checked in whilst our luggage was delivered to the rooms. Immediately this brought back memories of another superb hotel we stayed in at Epernay, Fance, The Royal Champagne.
From 5.30 to 7.30 pm drinks and canapes are served in the Club Lounge and the food and drinks are excellent. They constantly replenish your beverages which include French Champagne and cocktails. The Singapore Slings are superb and one can never have enough of the fine French product or the Singapore speciality.
The breakfast in the Lounge is also superb. They will cook whatever you wish for and it is such a wonderful way to start the day with one or several glasses of champagne. The also provided a section of the club for us as there were siz of us and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
We needed a wheel chair for my mother in law as she can't walk very far and we were provided with one for as long as we needed it every day we were there.
All the staff are so polite and go out of their way to greet you and get you whatever you want.
The rooms are beautiful and the views across Marina Bay are stunning.
We have stayed at several places around the world in Club Rooms and enjoyed the facilities even though it costs a bit more but it is thoroughly worth it for the service and luxury. The difference with this hotel is that they go out of their way to do that little bit more.
I wanted to go over to Bintan Island to play golf for the day and spoke to the conceirge and everything was organised for me without any issues. The taxi was waiting for me when I got downstairs to go and when I returned my clubs were taken from me as I got out of the taxi and immediately taken to my room. Superb service.
Leslie and her team are wonderful examples of what excellent customer service is all about.
If you come to Singapore, think about staying here and spend that little bit extra and stay in the Club Rooms and enjoy the Club Lounge facilities. It is well worth it.
We are staing another night in Singapore on our way back to Australia and are staying at the Swissotel Stamford for a night in their Club facilities. I wonder how they will fare against the benchmark that is the Mandarin Oriental?
Until the next review.
Steve from Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore is one of the world's foremost luxury hotels. It is the only hotel in the city that has been awarded 'Five Star' status for both accommodation and spa in the prestigious Forbes Travel Guide for three consecutive years (2012, 2013 and 2014). This award-winning property has a prime location, close to the financial hub with easy access to luxury boutiques and entertainment venues; and minutes away from Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre, Sands Expo and Convention Center, Suntec City, Millenia Walk and Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay. The hotel features an impressive atrium lobby with 527 rooms and suites. There is a premium Oriental Club Lounge, an indulgent and intimate spa, extensive meeting and banqueting facilities, five renowned restaurants and a lounge overlooking spectacular Marina Bay. Mandarin Oriental, Singapore has recently been voted one of "T+L 500 World's Best Hotels 2014" by Travel + Leisure USA and recognised as one of the top 25 hotels in South East Asia in the Conde Nast Traveler 2013 Readers' Choice Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Oriental Hotel Singapore
- Oriental Singapore
- Singapore Mandarin Oriental