“Wonderful Relaxing Weekend Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Singapore

You added Mandarin Oriental, Singapore to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Raffles Ave, Marina Square, Singapore 039797, Singapore (Marina Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful Relaxing Weekend Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

On the 8th December 2012, I check-in into Oriental Singapore for the purpose of a short weekend getaway and attending a wedding lunch held on the following day

The entire check-in process was very smooth and pleasant despite the early check in at about 11:45 a.m. Room was at 0634, Deluxe Room. First impression, the bellboy attended to my baggage upon my arrival. The front desk staff were polite and provided an excellent customer service.

Soon after a pleasant check-in, I proceed to my room at level 6. The lift lobby wasn't located too far from my room,just a short walking distance. The moment i entered the room, I was captivated by the modern room design of the room & the view of the swimming pool and the city view overlooking the Singapore Flyer & The Marina Bay Sands .

After unpacking my stuff and had settle down, I wasted no time and headed to the Poolside. As I wanted a place where i could rest before taking a dip. I saw the private Cabana and decided to take a rest first. The pool attendant were very friendly and polite when they served me the swimming towels,face towel and Ice Water. I was very impressed with their excellent customer service. The Wow factor was serving each guest chilled grape and a mini mixed fruit juice.

Before I turned in for the night, I was very satisfied with the room which the bed was superb, very comfy and the pillows were comfortable. There is even a large working desk accompanied with all the technological kits & some stationery for your personal use. The complimentary welcome bottle drink (Green tea) was nice & unique.

The bathroom has a very modern design & look with separate standing shower room & bathtub. The toiletries was unique which was the lemongrass scented toiletries.

The next morning, when i was heading for breakfast, the staff were also very polite and welcomed me with morning greeting. As I am a first timer, the waitress offered me to show me around the coffeehouse, however as i am an local and i prefer to explore it around myself and ushered you to the table with a smile on her face. The breakfast was great as it had many choices to choose from. From Chinese,to indian,to Japanese & lastly the american delights!

Location was very accessible with easy walking distance to Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, Esplanade,Merlion and Fullerton & it's connected with the Marina Square mall.

Overall stay was excellent, will choose to return back to Mandarin Oriental Singapore for another relaxing weekend stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the view of the habour or the ocean. It has a excellent view esp during a night...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miri, Sarawak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My first stay at the Mandarin Oriental Singapore was in Feb'12 and I was blown away by the quality of the service and the rooms. This time around, I was again pleasantly surprised by the consistency of the service. Check-in was faultless and I must admit that I liked the personalized escort to my room. The room is impeccable, with its furnishings, cleanliness and technology. The bed is super comfortable, making it extremely difficult to wake-up in the mornings (which is a good thing for me!). Given a choice, I would definitely stay again, especially with Marina Bay Sands nearby (great food and late weekend shopping - up to midnight). Two thumbs up!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Fantastic hotel especially if you have a room overlooking the marina. When you pull back the curtains in the morning you are greeted with a fabulous view of the marina and skyscraper skyline and at night the view is as spectacular with all the buildings being lit up. The whole hotel is spotless and the staff go out of their way to accommodate every request, The beds are to die for especially after a long flight or a long day doing the malls in Orchard Road. Something that I only discovered on the last day was a shortcut to the nearest metro station (Promenade) which again took you through another great mall... ask the doorman for directions! Just a couple of minutes walk to the marina also brings you to the theatre complex which is made up of many bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the marina on a high level for fantastic views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here for three nights on our way to Australia and a night on our way back to Europe
in November. We were genuinely impressed with courteous hotel staffs all over hotel, at the reception, bellmen, restaurant, bar, business center and housekeeping etc. We travel a lot around the world for business /pleasure and it is not always the case to receive this level of unique service that touch your heart.
The location is also very central, and the Marina bay area is beautiful and about 20 mins. to the airport by taxi. We took a boat to the famous Clarke Quay for seafood dinner and we walked back to the hotel along the river. It was really enjoyable and very safe.
I also would like to send our sincere appreciation to Shannon (guest service manager) for her kind care and concern shown to solve the "problem" so professionally. Thank you Shannon once again. The hotel has beautiful outdoor swimming pool but regretfully, we didn't have chance to relax by the pool. We will go back to this hotel again in our next visit to Singapore.

Shanghai, Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

It's Singapore - so you expect GOOD hospitality. Therefore it should come as no surprise that at the Mandarin Oriental - already one of my favorite vacation hotel destinations - they have taken it to a whole new level!

There are places where before visiting I email my contacts to remind about... a baby cot... an extra pillow... a minivan pick-up with a car seat... The Mandarin Oriental email ME asking if I still need or want those things!

The staff in "Melt" the main restaurant in the hotel already know what my family like for breakfast and before we sit down at the table the wait staff are off fetching it for us.

The Mandarin Oriental chain has won my heart!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Wow wow wow - the staff were amazing, the food was absolutely fabulous and if there had been a six star rating i would have given it.

I have stayed all over the world and this is out of this world in comparison!!

It was our honeymoon and they made us feel so special. They even took photos and gave them to us in frames. I will definitely return.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The location is good and travel from airport to hotel by taxi with around SGD25 within 15 mins.
And we can take a short walk within 10 mins to Gardens by the bay and Marina bay sands hotel .
MTR is in the Marina Square and behind the hotel, very converience.

A lot of choice for breakfast buffet and the view of swimming pool is good & relaxing. Is happy to see every staff with a happy smile all the time . The price is reasonable compare with some hotel near City hall and Marina Bay . We highly recommond to stay in this hotel when we travel to singapore again !

Room Tip: Premier Ocean room has a very good view of marina bay sands hotel & Singapore Flyer
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Singapore? Share your experiences!