“Awesum hotel at awesum price” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Up to 25% off for Weekend
Ranked #35 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
“Awesum hotel at awesum price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed in the executive suite t regent with two kids the room was huge with a separate bedroom and living area two baths extra bed for my kids and walkin distance of five min from orchard road at unbelieve price!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
RegentSg, Director of Marketing at Regent Singapore, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Fatimafazlani,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Regent Singapore on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that your suite accommodation proved ideal for your and your family and that our convenient location made it easy to access the main shopping area, Orchard Road.

If I can assist with any future travel plans to Singapore, please do let me know.

Warm regards,
Director of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am giving this hotel an average rating only because it's less than 'very good'. If they had a 'good' option between 'average' and 'very good', this is where this hotel would sit. It would have been 'very good' had it not been for the damp odor that emanates from the rooms' carpets. If it were not because of this, this hotel would be great. Super location, food great, service could improve somewhat (room service took a while to arrive), but reception staff very friendly and competent. A great hotel that could do with a few improvements and if they sort out the smell, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Kolombina Q,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am very concerned to hear you had an unpleasant smell in your room. I only wish we would have discovered this discovered this during your stay as I am sure we could have provided a new room. I would like to know which room you stayed in so we may address the issue directly - if you could kindly write to me separately it would be most appreciated.

Thank you for the other very positive comments regarding our staff and service and it is a shame the smell affected your otherwise excellent experience. I am confident we can remove whatever smell you encountered and I hope you will stay with Regent again in the very near future.

jeff.rednour@fourseasons.com
Hanoi, Ha Noi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is the first time I've stayed at Regent Singapore Hotel, and I've fallen in love with it.
- The receptionists were very helpful and informative. They provided me with all information I need.
- The room was really beautiful and clean, and fully equiped with everything I need. I could easily access the wifi to contact my friends and family.
- Which impressed me most was the hotel decoration with lots of nice flowers and pictures, and especially the looked-like lamp hanged in the centre of the hotel. I thought it was a lamp, but then it turned out to be a block of hundreds of metal pieces which reflected the sun shine from the open roof (I shared a photo here). A very green idea.
- The breakfast was really lovely with lots of choices from traditional Singapore food to other Asian and Western cuisines. The staff there were very nice with smiles always on their faces.
- The Regent Singapore Hotel is very well located, just some minutes walk to Orchard Road, the best road for shopping in the world. If you don't want to walk, there's a bus stop outside the hotel which will take you all along Orchard Road.
If I had another chance to visit Singapore, I would love to stay in Regent Singapore Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are so delighted that your recent discovery and stay at Regent was enjoyable and like you hope that any upcoming travels will bring you back.

The atrium feature that you mentioned is called the Singapore Shower and is a suspended scultpture; desigend by Japanese artist Michio Ihara; that floats above the hotels lobby.

Wishing you more happy adventures and a reason to return to Regent.

Warm regards,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

What more can I say, its our second visit to this hotel in 9 months. We just love this hotel. Good location very clean and well kept. Away from the hustle and bustle of Orchard Rd yet only a short walk away. The rooms can do with a makeover. ie new carpet and furnishings but that's about it. Love the old world charm of the timber and marble. Stunning atrium with open lifts. Very good breakfast and loved to chill out at the bar every afternoon. Very relaxing ambiance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gerard G,

We sincerely hope that 2 becomes 3 and we will be welcoming you back shortly.

Many thanks for your kind comments and for loving the hotel. Do let me know if I can personally help with future stays.

Warm regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The Regent is a well located hotel and has pretty much all that both a business or tourist traveller might need. Good size room and the Exec floors get access to their own areas for breakfast, evening drinks etc. The only nuisance is orientation, every time you get out of the lifts you need assess and get your bearings, very strange. The gyms not particularly big but is well equipped with good staff and free glucose drink, as opposed to water and coffee.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Marc B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel service and facilities overall. The symetry of the atrium does sometimes cause first time guests to make a wrong turn, but I hope this was not too problematic for you. Looking forward to welcom you back very soon!

Hotel Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel for a business seminar. Staff and service provided was of consistent high standard throughout my stay. The food was excellent. Its ideally situated that you have a short walk to Orchard Road if you want to eat out or simply drink.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JeffRednourHotelMgr, Manager at Regent Singapore, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Specialist1,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I am glad you were able to enjoy the hotel during your seminar and that you appreciated the service provided as well as the food quality. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Hotel Manager
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My Husband and I just returned home after a 7 night stay at the Regent. Right from the first time we entered and checked in until we checked out we were treated so wonderfully. Whilst the hotel may appear old compared to some it was still lovely, well presented, clean and conveniently located. We dined at Basilico on one evening which was Italian Cuisine. The meal, antipasto and desserts were all really good. We also had afternoon tea in the Tea Lounge which was an absolute bargain considering how much food they gave you (we couldn't finish it all). The food served was of good quality and the staff very attentive and obliging of our requests. Our favourite little spot on a daily basis though was Dolcetto, a gorgeous little patisserie and coffee shop which had the most amazing cakes ever :) They also make excellent coffee, some of the best we've had. We couldn't fault our stay at all except for maybe the television! We would have liked some movie channels. This would have been especially good while having our afternoon siesta or a night in. We will definitely recommend the Regent to all our friends. Thank you to all the staff for making us feel so welcome and for your exceptional service. Well done.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RegentSg, Manager at Regent Singapore, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear HTaylor13,

We are delighted to learn that staff at Regent helped make your seven day stay in Singapore memorable and our culinary team impressed with their range and variety of food and beverage offerings.

On your next trip to Singapore, we hope we can persuade you to experience our Cantonese restaurant, Summer Palace.

In addition we are pleased to advise that HBO will join our existing TV channels, starting this coming Sunday, 1st October.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Singapore and if I can be of any assistance with your travel plans, please be sure to contact me.

Director of Marketing

Been to Regent Singapore? Share your experiences!