“A great hotel for an overnight in Singapore.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 25% off for Weekend
Ranked #35 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
London
“A great hotel for an overnight in Singapore.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Had 24 hours in Singapore and stayed at the Regent. The hotel staff were friendly and efficient. We were upgraded on arrival, nice touch and the room was spacious and comfortable and the bed was great. Free wifi for the first day was handy. Location was good but didn't have time to try out the restaurants. Would definately return but 2 teas and 2 orange juices sent to our room came to $55 SG about £27. Be careful on room service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The hotel is old "elegant" style with marble floor and wall. It is located just at one end and behind the busy Orchard road which I like because it's quiet and not crowded. It's only one long block (10 min walk) from Orchard. This is good for anybody who wants to explore the whole Orchard strip as it is the end or the start of the Orchard.

There are two sides of lobby area with plenty of comfortable sofa and armchairs for us to sit and relax (or napping). Some businessmen use it as discussion corner.

I don't like the way the four elevators are located, in the middle of the building. Every time I stepped out, I had to turn twice to get the right direction both to the room and to go outside the hotel.

The room I stayed is spacious. With the King-size bed, a set of working table and a couch, there're still a lot of space. The air-con in the room is too cold even I adjusted the fan to #1 and the temp at 26.

I had one dinner and daily breakfast at Basilico. The food at this restaurant is excellent. They serve semi-buffet dinner where we can pick our appetizer and dessert from the buffet counter but select our main course from the menu. I had sea bass which was very good.
They also provide variety of breakfast in the morning, western, Asian, and continental which ever we like. The fresh fruit there are also fresh and sweet. I love it.

Room Tip: I got a room near elevator which I like.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here for three days and would return any day! Beautiful hotel exquisitely appointed with public areas fit for a king! The hotel is however about a ten-minute walk to the major shopping malls of Orchard Road but the walk is flat and very pleasant indeed anytime of day or night. My room was spacious although it did look out over a building site to beware of some construction noise which does permeate the quiet room in the early morning. Fast internet was included with my room rate which is now essential. Room fitting were very comfortable with a large flat-screen TV, great TV choices and a lovely bathroom with L'Occitane toiletries. Breakfasts (also included for me) were wonderful - a great mix of Asian and Western staples. Great bakery products and lovely fruit alongside a buffet choice that was enough to get me through the entire day. My only disappointment was the small and somewhat shabby pool area which was not in-keeping with the general opulence of the hotel. This is not really a hotel for those looking for a great time outdoors and there are other hotels in Singapore that might be better for this. Staff and service was terrific though and met every expectation. I must admit I was reluctant to leave. One tip is to take the airport hotel shuttle from arrivals. This costs S$9 and must represent one of the best value shuttles anywhere in the world!

Room Tip: Try to face away from the adjacent building site.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We check-in at The Regent for a 4-night stay for the Christmas holiday. We were greeted with a nice fragnant upon entering the hotel and our 1st impression of the hotel was good.

Check-in was easy and was given a room on the 11th floor, a non-smoking room. Althought I have asked for a room to be away from the lift, I did not expect to be given a room at the end of a long corridor. No big deal for the young, but not for those who have some knee problems.

Rooms were big even after having put-in an additional single bed besides the King-bed. The bathroom is of average size, but clean. Honestly, I would have preferred a bathroom with showers instead of a bathtub. I love that the toiletries were from the L'Occitant range. There were plenty of towels and 2 bathrobes and 1 for the small kid. Turn-down was also provided for the night.

Breakfast are served from 6:30 to 10:30, on those days when we ate at their coffee-house, the food were cold and the selection limited. For a 4-star hotel, it is really not acceptable. The most hilarious thing for me was on the 2nd day when I ordered sunny-side up eggs, the cook broked the yolks...twice!!

On Christmas day, we were surprised when we returned to our room after a long day out exploring Singapore, there were 2 plates of cookies waiting for us in our room. It is really a nice touch, thank you Regent.

Overall, the stay was pleasant and I must add that the doormen is most attentive to guests.

Room Tip: If you have old or kids staying or preferred a quieter room, remember to ask for rooms away from the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Regent.
The room was just perfect and breakfast was super great with a wide selection of food to choose from!
Would stay here again and again...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is an elegant and classy hotel in a good location five minutes walk from Orchard Road. Excellent food, drees up when you are here and be prepared for expensive drinks.
The restuarants are very good, but also expensive. Rooms are wonderful and comfortable and there is a nice pool and gym.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Once you get to this level of hotel, the differentiators are quite small. Of course, it is immaculate, the staff well trained, the food very good, decor is tasteful and lovely, and amenities above average. It scores very nicely on all those. So, it was the smaller things that made a difference for me.
First, the staff at the front desk was excellent. There was an error on my reservation, handled with no issue. My room had a bit of a musty smell. They attended to it immediately, had another room ready for me if it didn’t meet my needs – which it did on the air con ran a bit. But when the manager tracked me down to make sure I was happy, then sent up chocolates for inconvenience, well they had me.
The selection of tea in the room was a cut above – as a tea drinker, I appreciate having good quality tea and a variety. A little thing, but appreciated.
Breakfast was great – a wide variety of food, well prepare and presented. The bacon was really crispy – not always available – and just how I like it. I was too late for Sunday afternoon tea, but it looked spectacular – huge and very well done. They were even making very small ice cream cones with freshly made cones.
Finally, the location can’t be beat. Right off Orchard, but not in the center of the noise and a short walk to the Botanical Garden – a very nice treat.
All and all, I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Regent Singapore? Share your experiences!