“good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

You added Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay to your Saves list
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   177A River Valley Road, Singapore 179031, Singapore (The Quays)   |
Special Offer
SINGAPORE RIVER CRUISE
Ranked #69 of 300 Hotels in Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I and our 15 year old son stayed for 9 nights in December 2013. We choose to stay on the Premier floor as we know the benefits at Novotel are excellent. All the staff at the Premier lounge were friendly, efficient and helpful.
Happy hour (2 hours ) was a wonderful opportunity to meet other guests and have a drink, some great food and interesting conversations.
Our view over Clarke Quay was fantastic and we were not bothered at all by any noise from the restaurants and eateries below.There was a train station within walking distance and a supermarket in the shopping complex next door.
We would definitely stay again at this hotel, value for money, convenience, service were all excellent. Thank you Novotel Clarke Quay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view over the river and Clarke Quay were excellent. Premier Floor rooms are worth the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here 2 years ago and decided to stay here again and opt to pay extra to stay in the Premier Rooms (with access to the Premier Lounge)

In summary
Rooms - clean and looks like it was refurbished not so long ago
Services - one word - lacking.
> They came into my room to fix a light (while I was out of my room) and did not even bother to clean the mess on the floors from the light change, could have at least vacuum the floor.
> Call down to room services to request some extra amenities, took them 1/2 to bring it up!
> The staff on the Premier Floor - need some more training on how to service guest. You pay extra to get access to this service so you expect more but not here. Came in to the Premier Lounge, waited for 15 minutes for someone to come and ask you "what you would like to drink?" "orange Juice please" I said, instead the staff pointed to me to get the drink myself! What's the point of asking !!!!!! One time I came into the lounge at 8pm, for 15 minutes there was NO STAFF there! NEED improvement here
Would I stay here again? Maybe BUT NEVER will I spend the extra cash to get access the worse Premier Lounge I have ever been to

Room Tip: don't stay in the Premier floors
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
NovotelSingapore, Manager at Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Tanya T,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We are truly grateful that you have chosen to stay with us again during your recent trip to Singapore. However, we regret to note your disappointment with your experience throughout your visit.

We normally receive compliments about our Team’s high level of attentiveness and efficiency thus the experience you describe causes us deep concern. It does not represent the quality of service we strive for at our hotel; kindly rest assured that the necessary steps have been taken to ensure only the highest level of service is provided to all of our guests.

While you have mentioned otherwise, it is our sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you again on the Premier Floor. We are positive that you will also experience the usual excellent service at the Premier Lounge other travelers have shared here on TripAdvisor.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Aira Allarde
Quality Services
Marseille, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed 2 nights for business. When I arrived at 1:30PM the room was not ready yet. The Front desk staff was very helpful, mainly Mrs Kumi Kanan. She checked the room availability and kept me informed.
The day I checked out, as my flight was late in the afternoon, Mrs Kumi and Mr J.Lo allowed me to keep the room until 2:00PM. Greatly appreciated !
Cleanliness in the rooms is not perfect. There is dust inside the soap and shampoo holder, the kettle was not clean, the carpet is damaged by the door stopper.
Amenities : compared to hotels of the same category I would suggest that the hotel provides a vanity set for ladies and body lotion.
I would recommend this property ideally located in the heart of the city. The staff is focused on customer satisfaction.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

Address: 177A River Valley Road, Singapore 179031, Singapore
Location: Singapore > Singapore > The Quays
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#41 Romantic Hotel in Singapore
#44 Family Hotel in Singapore
#52 Business Hotel in Singapore
#59 Luxury Hotel in Singapore
Hotel Class:4 star — Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay 4*
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay combines convenience and comfort in the center of town. This 4-star hotel is the perfect choice for your next business trip or holiday, and is located close to the famous shopping paradise of Orchard Road and the Suntec City Convention Center. Featuring 403 beautifully appointed rooms, plus a Premier Lounge, Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay offers great conference facilities, plus an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and three restaurants serving local and international cuisine. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay Hotel Singapore
Novotel Clarke Quay Singapore
Singapore Novotel

If you own or manage Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.