Being an Accor Club member, I obviously gravitate towards this French chain of hotels wherever I travel on business or leisure. Let’s be honest, the service and accommodation can vary in standards and quality tremendously not just between countries but even within the same city. Having had a very pleasurable stay at the budget class Ibis Bencoolen last year, I booked a night’s stay here (at Novotel) to be close to my business appointments. I arrived around 6pm. It was busy and the ‘less than friendly’ check-in process (on the 7th floor) took longer than expected. They informed me that I was being upgraded to the Club floor BUT my delight was short-lived after being ‘dryly’ told (in the same firm breath) that I was not entitled to any of the club floor privileges. THEN WHAT IS THE POINT of giving me an upgrade which was essentially USELESS?!
The room, to be fair is of a good size but the finishes are beginning to look very drained and depleted (is this really the premium floor?). The over-reliance on an earth tone palette for the carpet, drapes, bathroom, upholstery, wallpaper and paneling in numerous brownish shades is effectively dated and extremely dreary. DULLSVILLE has come to town! I was also not happy that the room rate did not come with free wifi. (Even Ibis provided it gratis.) Housekeeping is just passable. Thankfully there are complimentary slippers so I didn’t have to step on the carpeting. I also detected fingerprints and smudges all over the sliding door to the balcony. The bathroom smelt musty. The shower door couldn’t close properly and drenched the bathroom floor. Closet door was jammed. TV didn’t work very well either and a technician had to be called to rectify both problems. WHAT! No evening turn down? Breakfast was fortunately quite decent and if there was anything heartening to note, it’s perhaps this darling of a senior server Patricia Wong; delivering everything with the dearest smile.
It is often the details, details, details that form the lasting impressions and if they weigh on the negative, the sum of the total leaves the guest distinctly doleful – big dismal sigh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay combines convenience and comfort in the center of town. This 4-star hotel is the perfect choice for your next business trip or holiday, and is located close to the famous shopping paradise of Orchard Road and the Suntec City Convention Center. Featuring 403 beautifully appointed rooms, plus a Premier Lounge, Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay offers great conference facilities, plus an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and three restaurants serving local and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotel.de, ACCOR, Agoda, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay Hotel Singapore
- Novotel Clarke Quay Singapore
- Singapore Novotel