“Comfortable stay in a central location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

You added Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay to your Saves list
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   177A River Valley Road, Singapore 179031, Singapore (The Quays)   |
Special Offer
SINGAPORE RIVER CRUISE
Ranked #69 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
The Hague, Netherlands
“Comfortable stay in a central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

You might wonder where you are arriving as the entrance of the hotel is located next to one of the big party area of Singapore (we arrived at 6am and people where slowly leaving the surrounding bars). Luckily once you get on the 7th floor where the reception area is, you are reassured.

We were slightly unlucky with our checkin... we were there early, but were promised a room soon. We thought "great" as we were expecting anyway to go in town and come back during the afternoon to get our room. Small issue, they promised us that the room would be quickly ready. And then every 20mn they said it would be ready in 20mn. So after the 5th time, we started to get a bit angry. Just tell us at what time the room would be ready.
Nevertheless we finally got out room :-)

A spacious room, with a nice big bathroom.We got scared when we saw we had the view on Clarke Quay party area, but the room is so well insulated that we did not hear the slightest sound. So that was perfect.

The bed also was very comfortable.

The swimming pool is nice, but the gym is kind of crap: a 20 sqm room (probably smaller actually).

Service was very friendly also.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here very briefly for one night when passing through the city. Location is good being next to Clarke Quay and a 6-7 minute walk from the MRT. The rooms aren't huge but perfectly comfortable. My only real issue was that the drains were quite noisy.

I didn't have any interaction with staff other than checking in and out. They could have been a bit more enthusiastic but were perfectly polite towards me. It's worth looking out for breakfast and internet deals. It only cost SGD8 more to get a package which included internet and breakfast. On their own, they cost an awful lot more than this. Internet was good quality but costly (no more than most other major hotels in Singapore) if it was not included with the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stay at this hotel reasonably often because it is close to my office. However my more recent encounters have been less than satisfactory. Even with a corporate room rate, I find it overpriced. The frontdesk is seriously under-resourced and there are often queues of 20-30 minutes to check in. In my room, I found one of the wardrobe sliding doors broken ie completely off its hinges, so only the other door could be opened. TV reception is disgraceful for a business hotel like this. Reception is very grainy, and there are few channels worth looking at apart from news channels. I would not happily choose to stay here if it were not close to my office. And since my office is relocating early next year, so will my patronage!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is my 5th visit to this hotel.
Perhaps it’s starting to get tired. Good experience again, but might try another hotel next time.
I am a little disappointed that they don’t have free wi-fi in the lobby or restaurant etc.
Yes, they do have four free computers in the lobby to use, when they are available. Surely it’s time for Accor to offer free wi-fi to guests. Other hotels do and maybe some guests prefer to stay at these hotels next time?
The pool bar food was good, but very small servings. And the pool staff member was having a bad day … not in a good mood.
Also, the room mini-bar is grossly overpriced. Cost me AUS$11 for a single beer (and it was flat).
FYI, the food court downstairs has closed and replaced by clothes shops.
Also, the money changer (at the ground foyer) has increased his margins (maybe a management change there).
Finally, the 7-11 (downstairs at the entrance) sold me an ice-cream (and my buddy) which gave us both the “trots”. Our wife’s were not impressed.
So, the reliable Singapore Novotel has failed me on my last visit. 

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay? Share your experiences!