“Great Value Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Sydney, Australia
“Great Value Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

My wife and I travelled to Singapore and stayed in an Executive rooms for six nights and enjoyed our stay at this great hotel. Rooms were very spacious and clean. Staff were very freindly and helpful. Excellent value in the Executive Lounge for Breakfast and Drinks.
Overall a great experiance and will definetly be staying during my next visit to Singapore.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
bangkok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Since the first minute, it has been a disaster. During check-in they informed me that they are over booking and the room I booked is not available and that they give me a lower room (upgrate is not possible!!!). Then at 4pm the room is still not available and I have to wait! When I asked for a late check-out as compensation they inform me that it is possible only until 2pm. They give me the worst room, dirty, with twin beds (I was alone) at the end of the coridor!! After complaining I manage to have the room I booked but after many other problems. They even asked me to return the previous key at reception, nobody could come to take it all this handling my luggage myself!!
The breakfast is ok in quantity but definitely not in quality, nobody can eat the pancakes! I arrived on sunday and there is no concierge, bell boy or anyone to open the car and take your luggages.
I have been staying in other hotels in the areas and i definitely recommend the Orchard hotel next to the Pan Pacific, for the same price and 100% times better.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
PanPacificPPSGO, Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, September 25, 2010
Dear Marylbkk

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback.

We are regretful that your experience on your recent visit has fallen short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment and discomfort that you experienced during your stay. Your experiences have been highlighted to the Front Office, Housekeeping and Food and Beverage team to ensure we do not allow similar incidents to re-occur.

Could I please take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at jstyle@panpacific.com or by calling (65) 6831 6620 in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay and to clarify in regards to some of the issues you experienced.

Our guests are our priority and we must continue to ensure that every stay is positive, memorable and seamless, from pre-arrival to post-departure and we remain focused on satisfying our guest expectations.

Kind Regards

Justin Style
Rooms Division Manager
Surabaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I spent 3 nights at this hotel during Idul Fitri , Islamic holidays. This was a perfect experience to stay at this hotel. Actually i booked a deluxe room and i checked in at 10pm but i'm really surprised that i got is a really big big room and very complete things that may be needed for travelling. It's just a nice experience that the staff were friendly and helpful too. The breakfast was nice too, so much choices and tasteful. the bed was excellent so i got the perfect sleep. That's my awesome experience with PPO. Great job guys. Keep it up and thanks for the service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have stayed in many hotels in many countries but this is the best hotel that I have ever stayed.Its clean,comfortable,staffs are friendly,rooms are clean and the beds and pillows are awesome.I really loved the bathroom mainly because of the hot shower and the water pressure.After a long hour tour visitting the attractions in Singapore this is the kind of hotel that everyone should be looking for because the environment and feelings is as same as walking in to your own home.The breakfast was delicious and awesome.Plenty of varities and the freshly squeezed fruit juices is so perfect to start your day.Very near to main shopping outlets,walking distance to MRT stations that basically takes you wherever you want to go and just wait within 2 to 3 minutes at the hotel lobby and the Bell boy will be arranging for a Taxi for you.When I travel again to Singapore,I will definitely stay in Pan Pacific Orchard again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed here as part of the Singapore Stopover. It is based just round the corner from the shops, but still manages to maintain a quiet atmosphere.

Our room was lovely, nothing extravagent, but really comfortable. Nice size bathroom with a lovely shower. We had breakfast and the odd evening meal. Really nice.

Staff are very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. My only gripe which is a real shame, they charge for Internet. All the hotels in New Zealand had been FOC. However, I would return.

Penang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Simply excellent, fabulous hospitality right from the bell service, front desk, Kitchen Crew, F & B, room division, housekeeping and the Hotel Management. Our special thanks to the GM, Mr. Mark Losi and Exec Chef, Andy Oh and team for making our stay at Pan Pac Orchard ever memorable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

I chose this hotel because I was in a rush to book and the rating here trip advisor was pretty good. Also, I stayed in pan pacific Singapore two years ago and it was an overall pleasant experience.

The first frontliner who attended to us was not very friendly at all. I booked this room on line and even if I specified that we needed 2 twin beds in the room, deluxe rooms apparently have one queen bed only. My colleague and I ended up sleeping in one queen bed.

The room itself was small but clean enough. Very basic for the price. The air-conditioning unit fluctuated and got warm in the evening.

The location is a bit misleading because it is not actually on orchard road but on an adjacent street. It was near shopping areas but you have to walk pass by what the taxi driver called "hookers hotel" or something like that. And I did notice the "red light district" where women were picking up men. Not actually premium.

Room service sucked. The food was really bad. The fish sticks had that bad fishy taste that left a bad taste in my mouth.

The bellhop was friendly enough though. Service was good in the restaurants and the frontliner who assisted us during the check out was nice. The rest if the staff were stiff and unfriendly.

And lastly. Not free wifi! :(

Overall, I would not recommend this to anyone. My stay in the other pan pacific was way way better.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Pan Pacific Orchard? Share your experiences!