“Great location - faultless after service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Orchard

You added Pan Pacific Orchard to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Orchard
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Claymore Road, Singapore 229540, Singapore (Orchard Road)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Great location - faultless after service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We booked into the Pan Pacific for 3 nights in March in a Premier Room, the hotel is beautiful and you cant fault the size of the room or the amenities.
The location is close to all the action on Orchard Road and only a 5-8 minute walk from the nearest MRT station.
The thing that set this hotel apart for me was the service I received from the hotel returning a gold locket I left behind. We travelled onto Penang from Singapore and it was not until I returned home to Perth that I realized that I have left it behind. I only wore it once on the trip and it was then I contacted the hotel to receive a response straight back from the Front Office Duty Manager Ms Irene Camagay advising that they had located it. Ms Camagay then tried to determine the best and safest way to return my locket and kept me informed of what was going on. It arrived safe and sound and I was relived to see it again. It is great to know that there are good, honest and decent people employed at this property.
Loved the stay and would highly recommend, we will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
10atClaym0re, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Apart from your memorable stay, it gives us great pleasure to hear that you managed to retrieve your locket. I will definitely be sharing your compliments with our Front Office Duty Manager Ms Irene Camagay.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,
Dean Rossilli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I enjoyed 3 weeks at Pan Pac Orchard and was extremely impressed with the attentiveness of all staff whenever I interacted with them. Room service quality was fantastic. Swimming pool was great. Breakfast was excellent every single day.
I will stay there again and would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore!

We are glad our attentive associates, quality hotel facilities, including our outdoor mineral water swimming pool and scrumptious breakfast made you feel at home.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel gets better all the time. This time I was very impressed by the beautiful flowers in the hall and in the rooms. The club remains a haven of peace and relaxation after and (before) a busy day. The management listen to ideas ans make necessary changes. It is also nice to meet returning guests from all over the world. Thank you

Room Tip: The large suites are great
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
10atClaym0re, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Pan Pacific Orchard.

We are glad to hear of your pleasant experience here.

We look forward to having you back at our relaxing haven again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel. It definitely exceeded my expectations. Stunning lobby and lounges, lovely room and beautiful bathroom, fantastic location, great pool and spa facilities. I would recommend staying here with absolutely no hesitations!

The only thing we weren't overly impressed with was some of the staff working at reception - a few lacked basic English skills and also didn't know answers to some very basic questions, which we were really suprised with given we were in Singapore and that they were working in a customer service position.

But I would give this a hotel a 10/10 and will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your warm compliments!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our sincere apologies that some of our service staff were unable to answer your questions. In line with our emphasis on providing a positive customer service experience for guests, please rest assure that we do provide training lessons for our service associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bewdley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have just spent a very enjoyable three weeks in Singapore. It was work, but the Pan Pacific Orchard always provided unparalleled comfort for me and my party when we returned.

Breakfasts were a joy, Paul the Chef knew what I wanted before I did, the girls serving sprung into action whenever I appeared, that fresh carrot and orange juice kick started me every morning.

Too many staff to name individually, But Jamie Tan threw two memorable evening drinks and canapé events that integrated my group of academics, even though we were split between those preferring the delights of the Club and those who opted out. Not that any of us felt second class. I have stayed at both the Royal Plaza and at Traders, the rooms here are of excellent size and standard of fittings. Staff at all levels were attentive to detail.

Room Tip: This hotel is in a very built up area. Excellent for shopping, but I preferred rooms overlooking the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfasts. It is also great that the evening drinks and canapé events left a positive impression on you. We will definitely share your kind compliments with Jamie Tan.

We look forward to your return.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have booked Club floor room for 5 nights. As you walk in, the reception area looks nice, contemporary and cosy. We were greeted by friendly receptionist and as we were Club Floor guests, we were taken to Club Lounge straight away and waited there to be checked in. After about 5 minutes wait, the receptionist came over and told us that we have 3 different bookings so she's not sure when check out should be. I remember amending the booking once but I didn't want to get into long discussion so we just confirmed the date of check out and went to settle into the room. The room was large and bright, with great view and comfortable king bed with gorgeous bed linen. The pillows weren't so comfortable and I couldn't find the right pillow for me. Bathroom was also roomy with a bath and a shower and plenty of towels, soap, bath gel, shampoo, etc.. The toilet flushing button was leaking when pressed but it wasn't a big issue. Club Lounge was quite disappointing with very boring sandwiches for afternoon tea which were almost the same on all 5 afternoons we've been there. No variety what-so-ever and as we do not eat cakes we got really fed up with sandwich selection. Coffee was another disappointment; too strong or too weak, maybe the espresso machine didn't work properly, who knows? Also every day the same tea, no offers of any other variety. One afternoon I've asked for mineral water and after about 5 minutes the lady arrived with still water. I kindly reminded the lady that I've ordered mineral water - she looked at me really "funny", as if she didn't understand my request, so I repeated again what I wanted, then she said "Yes" and left. After another good 5 minutes she AGAIN arrived with still water! I didn't want to make a big deal out of it so I accepted it without further complaint. I also asked for some salt as there was none anywhere in sight. The same lady who didn't understand my request for mineral water also didn't seem to understand my request for salt. I repeated at least 5 times what I wanted and then she finally said "Yes" again, left and came back after another 5 minutes with tomato sauce!! I told her that I want salt and not tomato sauce please and again she looked at me really funny then suddenly left and after a while came back with the salt! And the problems didn't stop there. As my husband and I were on our way back to our room on the evening of our check in, we've met two gentlemen at the front of our room who said that they were about to check up on our room, as we are about to check out the next morning. I said we just arrived this afternoon so we are not checking out yet, they apologised and said its all good and that they thought we are leaving in the morning. Then couple of days later we've seen that we have message from the reception and when I called they said that they just want to know if we need a transport to the airport the next morning. By now I was really annoyed and said we are not leaving as yet and that they should pay more attention to what they are doing, as they have it all wrong. The receptionist apologised and promised that there will be no more mistakes. The next day we found a nice fruit platter, chocolates and apology letter on our desk which was very nice and we appreciated the effort from the management. But it didn't take long before it all went wrong again - on our last day before departure we found a letter from the reception under the door in the morning saying that we are checking out that morning! Well, I went to see the receptionist and AGAIN pointed out that our check out is the following morning, this time I expressed my disappointment at the whole situation. The receptionist was really apologetic and we got complimentary late check out in the evening instead of noon.
In regards of buffet breakfast at the restaurant downstairs - it's nothing special and quite boring as well. Same ham and pastrami all 5 mornings and more or less same food in general. No variety what so ever. Sliced bread dry, both toasters very slow, mixture of bread rolls (some not fresh), bottled orange juice ( would expect freshly squeezed ), and a lot of hassle with coffee. We ordered white coffee and got black coffee instead on two mornings in the row. On one morning we have to remind staff twice that we ordered the coffee and that we are still waiting on it. Also I still didn't finish my coffee and by the time I returned to the table, the table was already cleared of all plates and cups. On another occasion I was still eating my sandwich when they wanted to take the plate away already. I mean, we really appreciate a good fast service but to take away coffee I'm still drinking and food I'm still eating it's a bit annoying. So over all it's a great hotel but let down with the service. Location of the hotel is great as well, just off the Orchard Road and walking distance to shopping. Very friendly concierge staff, always greeting you with a smile! Great big rooms, quiet and private. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Choose a room on high floor, away from elevator
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
10atClaym0re, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are pleased to hear that you found the Club floor room and toiletries to your liking.

With regard to the unfortunate experience you had during your stay with us, we would like to assure you that this is definitely not in line with our service standards at Pan Pacific Orchard. As your experience is of utmost importance to us, please do reach me at +65 6831 6602 or email me directly at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com if you have any additional feedback.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I prefer this Pan Pacific Hotel because off busy Orchard Road but just a few steps away from those shopping mile, where locals, tourists and Business travellers meet. Not only the excellent hospitality and relaxing areas at Spa and poll are really appreciated, the ambiente is worth every stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are delighted you appreciate the location of our hotel along Orchard Road, the shopping district of Singapore! It’s nice to know you also enjoyed the excellent hospitality we provide and our award-winning spa, St. Gregory on our wellness floor.

We thank you once again for your kind compliments! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmest regards,
Dean Rossilli

Been to Pan Pacific Orchard? Share your experiences!