“Centrally located and upgraded” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% savings on Club Rooms
Ranked #18 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok, Thailand
“Centrally located and upgraded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have stayed at Pan Pacific Orchard for soon a decade. I have earlier complained that rooms and lobby were getting "dated" and this time I was pleasantly surprised that everything had gotten a proper facelift. I'll be back soon again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us this past 10 years and it is truly our privilege to be of service to you all this time. It means much to us that you enjoy our hotel lobby and guest rooms which had been given an uplift since last October.

Thank for you choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore as your preferred choice of stay time and again and we look forward to welcoming you back over the next decade and more!

Dean Rossilli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My absolute best guest experience in an entire year of travel. It is like coming home after a long workday and having your family wait for you and greet you with joy about your return. The girls at the reception are mind-readers and know what you might want with a smile before you even say a word. clear modern style with lots of space to breathe and be in comfort and beauty. spacious rooms great choice for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and sharing your delightful experience here. It’s delightful to know that you felt right at home in our hotel and that our service associates continuously make you feel like part of the family.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed the contemporary design of our hotel and guest rooms as well as the breakfast buffet prepared by our excellent culinary brigade.

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to having you with us again!

KL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was looking forward to my stay based on the reviews and the brand name. But the room was not a pleasant surprise - not even an armchair to rest on. Either sit up on bed or on the desk chair to relax. To put on my shoes and tie the laces I used the bath tub as its low enough.

The location was another unpleasant surprise. It's right at a mini red light area. I really didn't expect this area to be so because it's a rather posh district.

Also the complimentary car park ticket never worked a single time. Real hassle.

Apart from these everything else was superb. Kudos specially to Rajiv and the Egg station master - I'm sure they were key to making the restaurant no. 2 in the city.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will definitely take your feedback into consideration and improve on the areas of concerned mentioned to make your future stay with us more comfortable.

As your recent experience is of great concern to us, I would like to invite you to email me at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602 in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls and to allow us to improve upon those areas of concern.

Thank you for your compliments Rajeev and the Egg station master and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel for the past 5 years and each time it gets better and better. The people are amazing and greet you at every moment. I am thrilled to actually call this my "home away from home".
Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The club lounge is amazing and the food and service is incredible.
It is a place to relax.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We are extremely delighted and it is our privilege to be able to be of service to you over the past 5 years! We thank you for being a part of us, seeing and helping us grow and improve with time.

We are glad that you feel right at home in our hotel and that our associates are able to make you feel welcomed and comfortable during your stay with us. I will be sure to commend them on their friendliness and hospitality, and I’m sure my service associates at the Pacific Club Lounge would be glad to receive your compliments.

Thank you for your continued support of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

After having stayed at the original Pan Pacific by the Marina, my husband and I had high expectations when booking the Pan Pacific – Orchard. While the hotel is nice, it does not compare to the real deal and it fell short of its older brother’s higher standards.

My husband and I stayed in a Club King so the hotel arranged for a pick up at the airport which was a nice touch. But for some reason the Club King only includes a one way transfer which is quite strange. Other hotels usually arrange for both the arrival and departure transfer.

The check in process did not go so well. There are only 2 counters and both were busy so we were asked to sit down by a receptionist where we waited for a good 10-15 minutes. When one counter finally became available no one came to get us and another person then “skipped the line”. The whole check-in process was very strange, the guy took FOREVER and did not say much. He gave us the room key and sent us on our way whilst a Supervisor, who did not greet us, was hovering behind him. Perhaps a trainee? Nothing was said about the facilities, the club benefits, breakfast timings, happy hour timings etc. Only when we were in our room did it occur to me that I knew nothing, so I had to call down and ask about these things.

The room itself was nice but again it did not compare to the rooms at the Pan Pacific Singapore. There was a very comfy bed, desk, tv, Nespresso maker, minibar etc. The room also came with an iron and ironing board which came in very handy. The bathroom had a nice rain shower with fabulous Elemis products and good amenities. The room also included a nice “welcome back” greeting from the Manager to some other guest - perhaps he got mine? The last morning I also received a note under the door advising me that as requested they had come to the room to collect my laundry for dry cleaning but the DND sign was on. However I did not request any dry cleaning.

As we were staying in a Club room we also had access to the Club Lounge. This fell way short of the Club Lounge at PP Singapore and was quite frankly disappointing. We didn’t bother coming back the next night.

The hotel has a nice mineral water pool with plenty of loungers. There is no outside bar or restaurant however and no staff to take orders. Instead you have to call room service on the phone and order. We placed an order for 2 drinks but after waiting for 50 minutes I called back and cancelled the order as we were going back to our room. This was really way below standard of even a 4 star hotel, so very disappointing indeed.

We decided to have breakfast at the restaurant as the spread was bigger, however even the buffet was not really worth writing home about. The spread was not that big and both mornings the same dishes were being served. Staff did not seat us both mornings, so we had to look around for an available table. In fact the staff was not able to cope with the amount of people coming and on the second morning there were no available clean tables. There was however plenty of empty tables full of dirty dishes. Not the Pan Pacific standard I know.

The staff was overall friendly but not consistent at all. I did not get a good impression of the reception staff. The last day we were leaving to go stay at the Pan Pacific Beach Rd and we asked the reception staff if they would be able to call the PP Beach Rd if we could check in early. As we were going from one Pan Pacific hotel to another, we did not expect this to be a problem. However the receptionist just said that they would allocate us a room if one was available and refused to call. After coming from a meeting, Tanya (Supervisor?) politely asked if I was enjoying my stay and I asked her if SHE would be so kind to call the PP Beach Rd for me which she gladly did.

I hate to sound too critical but all aspects of this hotel fell short of the Pan Pacific Singapore. While we did have a nice stay, the Pan Pacific Singapore just set the bar way too high. Perhaps a training session at the Pan Pacific Singapore would be in order to see how it’s really done. The hotel was still much better than the Pan Pacific Beach Rd though which did not deserve to bear the name “Pan Pacific”.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eschborn, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was the first time in this smaler hotel, usually I am staying on the other side of the road. The hotel is renovated and looks very good. I can confirm, everyone is very friendly, helpfull and tries to assist as best as possible. It's like you stay in a family and not compared to the previous hotel like a train station. Breakfast has a great selection, pool is nice, very clean and not crowded. One thing only needs to be improved is the cleaning of the rooms. This could be done more intensively.

Room Tip: Rooms on pool siede have better view, but there is currently a construction on the other side of the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore as your choice of stay. We are glad you enjoyed our contemporary hotel and excellent service associates who go the extra mile in ensuring your stay with us is as comfortable as possible. It is lovely to hear that you feel right at home and part of a family when you stay with us.

We are also pleased to know you enjoyed the buffet breakfast spread and mineral water swimming pool. We also appreciate your feedback with the team on the areas of concern to improve ourselves continually.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Pan Pacific Orchard family!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I've been visiting this hotel for over 4 years now. It is an excellent hotel and I can confidently say that the friendly and professional staff provide excellent service and make you feel welcome from arrival to departure.
The club lounge is relaxed and comfortable, the included breakfast and evening cocktails are of high quality. Once again, it is the exceptional club lounge staff, under the guidance of the manger, Mr William, who ensure a warm friendly environment that makes for a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Club access room and join the loyalty program!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and continually support us over the years. It is our honour to receive such kind compliments from yourself and I will be sure to commend our service associates on their impeccable service.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed our exclusive Pacific Club Lounge with breakfast, cocktails and round-the-clock refreshments provided at your convenience. I will be sharing your compliments with William and the rest of the Pacific Club Lounge team which will surely make them smile.

Thank you too for recommending our Club and loyalty program and we we look forward to your return!

Dean Rossilli

Been to Pan Pacific Orchard? Share your experiences!