“Great Location and Room” 4 of 5 stars

You added Pan Pacific Orchard to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Orchard
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Claymore Road, Singapore 229540, Singapore   |
Special Price
Early Bird - 15% Savings!
Ranked #14 of 292 hotels in Singapore
Florida
“Great Location and Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

A very nice business hotel with location just off the upper-end of Orchard Road and its myriad of shopping opportunities; our room, on the 19th floor, was large, clean with an outstanding King-sized bed. Wireless Internet was easy with good connectivity. We also enjoyed the great shower and bath. The mineral water pool was unheated but quite refreshing. Service was very good to “over-enthusiastic” at times, especially in check-in and dining. We elected the breakfast inclusive package which we recommend. The doorman, Roy, was especially helpful in directions. We found the bus and metro easy to manage and very cost-effective; no need to rent a car. Unfortunately, check-out was painfully long. We had the hotel pick-up at the airport and inquired as to the rate on the return which we moved back to 7:00 am in order to avoid the “off-hours” additional fee. This was not honored upon our departure (I for one, dislike being misled) and a taxi proved to be only $20 vs $95 + tax. Our largest complaint would the gauntlet of “working girls” outside the hotel. Whilst we enjoyed the Starbucks only a block away, watching the ladies “work the corner” on Orchard was unseemly.

Room Tip: Suggest asking for the back side; facing Orchard would have many more lights and noise at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is a delight to hear that you appreciate the spacious guest rooms with king-sized bed and the locality of our hotel along Orchard Road.
We are glad too that our high-speed wireless Internet access, one of the fastest in town, provided throughout the hotel was of value to your as was our mineral water swimming pool.
Thank you for recommending our international buffet breakfast and I will be sure to compliment Roy on his helpfulness during your stay.

It is regrettable to hear your check-out experience was not as smooth as intended. I would like to invite you to email me at dean.rossilli@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602 in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls and to allow us to improve upon those areas of concern.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Singapore.

708 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I am grateful of the special care I received upon arriving to Singapore not feeling well. The staff connected me directly to a doctor and they delivered a gift package containing a tray of fruit, water, and whole grains. I received a Get Well card and the good advice to "drink lots of water." These kind gestures took me by surprise and brightened my day. In addition to not feeling well, I was missing the comforts of my home. With the help of Jeremy and his staff, I was on the road to recovery. Jackie E.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments with us. I will surely commend Jeremy and the rest of our service associates on their great effort in taking care of you during your stay with us!

We are glad to hear that we have made you feel at home during your stay and we wish you a speedy recovery.

We hope you’re feeling better and we look forward to your return. Thank you!

Warmest regards,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed once again at the Pan Pacific Orchard for a couple of nights. It's well located and reasonably priced and the rooms are quite nice and have been updated. Staff are great and always ready to help and there is a good buffet breakfast. I would recommend this hotel for a business or family trip to Sinagpore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard as your preferred choice of stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our rejuvenated guest rooms, hotel locality, the buffet breakfast and our associates’ service.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a wonderful vacation in Singapore during our fall break this year. The Pan Pacific Orchard was very relaxing. Our room had a wonderful view of the city, and we really enjoyed the mineral water pool. The staff were very friendly and inviting, and the hotel is extremely close to local shopping and restaurants. There is a 24hr. grocery store just two-minutes walk from the front of the hotel and it saved us when we needed to get extra diapers for our son. Reasonably priced for a luxury hotel, if we're in Singapore again we'd love to come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard as your ideal location for a family staycation. We are delighted that you enjoyed the mineral water pool and appreciate our friendly service associates who continuously try to make your stay with us comfortable. It’s nice to know you the 24-hr grocery store, Jason’s supermarket, just 2 mins away from the hotel was of added convenience too.

At Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore, we have a suite of children amenities including baby cots, children utensils, bottle sterilizers and many more which are available for your use during your stay with us upon requests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your lovely family back again!

Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The room I had provided cables to connect my laptop to the TV so it's useful to watch movies online. Not many hotels do this yet so millenials like me would definitely love it. Internet was a bit slow though, you could do the normal surfing but not stream videos. There was also a Nespresso machine in the room which is a welcome relief after a long day of shopping on Orchard. Room was very clean, sleek and quite spacious. Comfortable workdesk provided. Breakfast was good but not outstanding. The staff were very friendly, especially Chef Faiz at the egg counter. Location wise, the Pan Pacific is close enough to Orchard Rd that you could walk, and yet it's not right smack in the middle of all the action so you still have tranquility when you come back to the hotel. This is much better than some hotels where I encountered large crowds of foreign women loitering at the lobby entrance. It was a Sunday so maids' day out in the city!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It’s lovely to hear that you appreciated the recent introduction of the versatile media kit that easily allows connectivity to our LED TVs. We are glad our in-room Nespresso coffee machine provided a good pick-me-up after your long day out.
It’s lovely to know that you also appreciate the prime locality of our hotel which still retains the tranquillity and serenity although only a stone’s throw from Orchard Road.

I will surely share your compliments with Chef Faiz for his friendliness which will definitely make him smile and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is my second time staying in this hotel. There is always a good reason to repeat your stay here again. Every time I'm here, I feel welcome by the friendly and professional staff. I arrived early that day, the Deluxe room which I booked was not ready and they actually upgraded my room to Executive King Room. Really happy and appreciate the offer. Checking in was hassle free and managed to get late check out the next day. Was crushing off to work and the staff brought my luggage to my room. After the tiring day, came back to the room with a sweet surprise, dessert platter on the table...thanks to Executive Chef Andy for the sweet thoughts.
Had a very relaxing bath,soaking in the sunken bathtub, bathroom was filled with all the amenities that you ever need, rain shower was good with power shower. Didn't want to have a heavy dinner, I went to the Pacific Club Lounge to enjoy the evening cocktails. Quality food, dessert and great selection of wine and champagne. Had a awesome and chilling out time at the lounge. Went back to room, check my emails, complimentary internet access was an added advantage. Wifi speed was fast and stable. Can't wait to jump into the bed, the most comfy King size mattress and fluffy pillow ever slept in...zzzzzz.

Had a good sleep, morning woke up for breakfast. Food was awesome, great selection and wide spread of food. Enjoyed the freshly squeeze juice, yummy omelet and pork bacon. The waitress was very attentive, friendly, pleasant personality and speaks very good English too.

Now I'm fully energize and off for shopping. Location from the hotel to Orchard Road is about 5/10 minutes walk, Ion Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya are just steps away. MRT station are nearby as well.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends or business associates that is in Singapore.
Special thanks to Executive Chef Andy and the service staff for the great hospitality. If you're looking for a great service, pampering stay, delicious food and convenient location, do stay at Pan Pacific Orchard. You will never regret your stay..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We are extremely delighted to hear that Pan Pacific Orchard is one of your favourite hotels! We are glad our associates made you feel welcomed with their friendliness and service. I will be sure to commend them on their excellent service and I believe they will be delighted to hear they made your stay a pleasant one.

It’s delightful to know that you appreciate our Pacific Club Lounge’s quality food, dessert, wine and champagnes.

We are also happy to hear that our complimentary wireless Internet access was of good use to you.

It is a joy to know that you will be recommending us to your friends and colleagues in Singapore and we definitely look forward to welcoming you and your friends soon!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Had high tea at their lobby lounge n was impressed by wonderful high tea quality.
Surprise came when we we're serve with complimentary crepe with durian filling n lemon grass ice cream specially prepared by Chef Andy whom I met for the first time there. Combination was sub erb n out of the world! Will highly recommend for high tea lovers, ambience was great too...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your lovely compliments about our Gourmet High Tea Selection at our Lobby Lounge.

We are delighted to know you were pleasantly surprised by our Executive Chef, Andy Oh’s durain crepe with premium lemongrass ice-cream.

I will definitely share this with him and I’m sure he will be delighted to know you enjoyed his recommendation and that you’re recommending us too!

We look forward to having you join us again!

Dean Rossilli

Been to Pan Pacific Orchard? Share your experiences!