“Great value in Singapore” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Orchard

You added Pan Pacific Orchard to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Orchard
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Claymore Road, Singapore 229540, Singapore (Orchard Road)   |
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great value in Singapore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently, and were very impressed. Location is good, just a short walk to Orchard Road, but most important was the attitude of the staff. It is such a difference to have enthusiastic staff these days.

Breakfast was good as was the lobby bar in the evening. We didn't eat at the restaurants otherwise, but the Italian SOPRA looked interesting.

Our Premier room was nice, recently refurbished and everything worked.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Premier room is the one to go for.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback. It’s wonderful to hear that you felt welcomed and that our service staff were excellent. We are delighted to know too that you enjoyed the in-room amenities and more – from the iphone dock to the Nespresso machine, Elemis products, comfortable bed and intuitive media hub to connect your laptop or phone to the television. It’s a joy to hear that you appreciate the efforts we put in to make your stay here as comfortable and hassle-free as possible.
Our culinary brigade will also be delighted to hear that you felt our omelette was the best you ever had! I will be sure to commend them on the excellent service and food you had while staying with us. We are also glad that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel such as the mineral water pool, sun beds and our award-winning spa, St. Gregory.

We are pleased that you had memorable stay and I will be sure to commend the team on this.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Dean Rossilli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I travel often to Singapore and this is the first time I have stayed here. 5 nights and I am ready to move in. The staff were excellent, from check in to check out, I was made to feel very welcome and looked after. The rooms have great lighting, which you can adjust to suit, clean and comfortable rooms which were a great size,with special features that are just so practical. Like the international power sockets at the desk and right next to the bed and the iphone dock and charger as part of the clock radio. The nespresso machine and selection of coffee pods and TWG tea was a nice touch. The quality continues with Elemis products in the bathroom and everything you might need if you forgot to pack it. Large size flat screen tv with all the audio and visual connectors next to the desk in case you wanted to run your laptop to screen. The bed, which is a King size has doona and lot's of good pillows, it sits high and is very comfortable.

The buffet breakfast is not the biggest in town, but it is quality and plenty of selection. Best omelette i have had. Again the staff were just excellent and efficient. The pool area is lovely, plenty of good sun beds and a large pool. The spa has many great services and the staff again are excellent.

Location is good, it sits about 2 min walk from either Orchard Road or Scotts and the Orchard MRT. Do walk to ION centre and hit the food opera, basement level, great place to eat hawker food in air conditioned comfort

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your recent stay at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore! I will be sure to let the staff know that you appreciated their enthusiasm and also enjoyed the locality of our hotel along Orchard Road.

Thank you so much for recommending and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back again.

Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

From check in to check out, overall a very pleasant experience because of the very courteous and attentive staff. Room was smallish but well appointed, aircon a bit cold but I could manage that. Loved the Nespresso machine and the fact that the capsules were replenished (3 at a time, even though the bellhop who brought my luggage said only the first 3 were for free).

At the business function I attended, the staff were very good and amenities were just right.

Food at the coffee shop was excellent (lunch and breakfast buffet), although as with other hotels I've been to where they serve coffee from a push-button machine (you know the kind, where the barista pushes different buttons for espresso, latte, etc.) at least once the staff would forget which guest ordered what, and which table they were at. Another minor irritant, no Splenda at the tables--you have to ask, and one morning I had to ask 3 times (one time, the waiter brought the Splenda to the table next to mine). That said, the coffee was excellent.

My last morning, there was no cold water in the shower (only hot!) but that was quickly attended to, and fixed, by the engineering staff.

Location wise: you have to walk about 10-15 minutes to the nearest MRT (Orchard station), although the bus station is just a few minutes away. Yes, Orchard Road is a few minutes walk away. There's a Jason's supermarket next to the hotel (high end stuff, mostly) but also 7-11, Guardian pharmacy, etc. just a few steps away, so if you need anything quick, just step outside. Ditto good places to eat (bars, restos, fast foods, ramen) all within 10 minutes walk.

And if you're looking for golf equipment, next to the Hilton on Orchard Road is the Far East Shopping Center, an old place that offers every golf item you might want, including second hand gear.

Highly recommended :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore as your choice of stay! We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us and highly recommend us. It’s nice to hear from guest, such as yourself, who appreciate the hospitality we strive to achieve and also value the new additions to our rooms such as the Nespresso machines and capsules.

Our culinary team will be glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and lunch at the restaurant. It’s wonderful to know that the locality and convenience of the hotel, along Orchard Road and its proximity to a 24-hour convenience store and great places to eat enriched your stay here!

We are delighted to have you share your feedback and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed in this place with my kids and we absolutely loved this hotel. Everything about this hotel, from sleep quality, breakfast buffet and service is excellent. Nice room size, wonderful beds and it has everything you can need in a good hotel. Good internet access anywhere in the hotel. Breakfast buffet is excellent.

What makes this hotel awesome is the professionalism and friendliness of the hotel staff, they really made a delightful stay for me and my kids. The big pool is a big plus too.

You really get what you pay for this hotel. We would love to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! It’s a pleasure to know that you and your kids enjoyed your recent stay with us as well as the breakfast. We are glad to hear that you also enjoyed the refurbished rooms, complimentary wireless Internet service throughout the hotel and our mineral water pool.

I will be sure to share your comments with my associates and I am sure that they will be glad that they impressed you with their impeccable service.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to having you join us again soon!

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay at the PPO. Check in was seamless and I was promptly given my room key and directed to the room.

As per my last stay, the room was spotless, everything worked and any request made of the staff was done quickly and effortlessly

Did hear some jack hammering in the building mid morning at some stage. There's no right time to do this, but understand the need of the hotel to undertake refurbishments. Only happened once so hopefully not an ongoing issue

There is a new apartment tower being constructed opposite the hotel (probably 200 metres away) and the noise from this could only be described as nominal, and only during the day when most guests would not be in their rooms

The club lounge nightly cocktails (2 hours from 6pm) are , in my opinion, worth the extra cost of a club room. The miniature food items that they serve are fantastic, such that I never had to buy dinner during any of my 3 nights

My only gripe is with the wireless internet speed, which, in the room, is absolutely glacial - to the point that simple Skype phone calls (not videos) could not be made from the room. I spoke to a few other guests in the lift during my stay who also shared the same concerns

On one morning I took all of my paraphernalia to the club lounge to continue making calls, and found that the wireless connection called "meetings at Pan Pacific Orchard" (or similar) is much faster and easily supported Skype phone calls.

Fast internet speed is a non negotiable requirement for a business hotel, and unless they were experiencing IT difficulties that reduced the speed during my stay, I strongly suggest that the PPO invest in a higher speed system / plan for their guests

This would have been a ***** report should the Internet have not given me grief

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us! It’s really nice to hear that you enjoyed the exclusive Pacific Club Lounge with the evening cocktails and canapés we provide as part of the complete experience. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with the jack hammering and slow internet speed. We have taken your feedback seriously and have put in place increased measures to minimize this inconvenience. I am also happy to share that we have increased our complimentary Internet speed to 80mb, which is one of the fastest in any hotel in Singapore.

Once again, thank you for your continuous support and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted a good hotel in the city and close to the shops for our shopping expedition from the 8th to 15 the August. When we arrived the staff greeted us and checked us in quickly and efficiently. We had booked a twin share premium room and although a bit on the smallish side with the two twin beds close together and our big suitcases taking up floor space, the room was fresh, clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was fantastic after a long hot day of sightseeing and shopping.
The locality was quiet and only a short walk to the main shops on Orchard Road. The hop on hop off bus and zoo bus stops were at the end of the street and as there were so many eateries around the hotel, we preferred to eat local rather than at the hotel.
Although not quite as opulent and new as the Marina Bay Pan Pacific where my husband and I stayed in April, the Orchard Road sister was still good and is also undergoing a revamp to replace old with new. A great plus was the little supermarket next door which was comprehensively stocked, so we could duck in there for a bottle of wine or cheese and biscuits along with any other supplies one may require.
Overall I thought it was a great hotel in a great location, with friendly and professional staff, who always checked to ensure that any room service we ordered had been delivered within a reasonable time frame. Wifi was complimentary for 24 hours, but after that time had expired, we could just rejoin the network again for a further 24 hours.
Not sure about a 5 star rating, but definitely a 4 to 4.5 and I would be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dean R, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore! We are glad to hear that you had an efficient check-in and that your stay with us was comfortable. Thank you for sharing your feedback on the rooms, bathrooms and locality of our hotel along Orchard Road.

It’s lovely to hear that you found it convenient to have eateries and entertainment just around the corner. We are also happy to hear that the 24hour supermarket beside added to the convenience of your stay with us.

We are glad that you have enjoyed the friendly service we have provided and I am happy to hear that you also enjoyed the complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel.

Thank for you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Quiet Hotel at best location, close to the main shopping area and not fare away from airport. Perfect for business trip. Nice atmosphere for to relax after hard business day. Comfortable rooms with good space.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable and quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the locality of Pan Pacific Orchard, Singapore - five minutes’ walk from Singapore’s shopping hub yet in a quiet enclave; 20minutes drive from the airport.

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful business trip to Singapore and that you enjoyed our designer guestrooms.

Once again, we look forward to being of service to you in the near future!