“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
cape town
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My partner an i stayed here on a 2 day lay over to Phuket. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and were upgraded to a cityscape room. The room was fantastic with everything we needed. We were also provided with a lovely chocolate mousse cake on our anniversary. The staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble.

Will we stay here again - a big YES!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
PanPacificOrchard, Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear SalvadoreCapeTown,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your last visit to Pan Pacific Orchard and thank you very much for your generous feedback!

On behalf of my team, we would like to thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Frederic Jenni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Pros:

- Centrally located
- Fantastic breakfast buffet and in room dining (especially the choice of freeshly squeezed juices)
- Some staff members are really nice!

Contras:

- NO WIFI (Hello ? Singapore, 1994 ?)
- Pricy internet in-room cable connection
- Cannot open windows in room
- Airconditioning panel was broken twice (repaired on my last night)
- Staff failed to arrange airport transfer despite having it wrote down in the official shuttle transfer booklet (sorted within 5 minutes, though)

Overall the stay was acceptable - but service was patchy and the room was not that nice.
Bottom line - Next time I would definitely stay elsewhere considering the price and the location, Orchard Road offers much better deals.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear psychoactive,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback and please allow me to offer my sincerest apologies for the troubles during your recent stay with us.

It is only through feedback, from guests such as yourself, that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide. We are pleased to inform that a renovation has been planned for 3rd quarter of this year which would cover the majority of our guest rooms and public areas.

Could I take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling 65 6831 6602 in order for me to personally extend my apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay.

I hope that you will not let this deter you from visiting us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Orchard.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stay for 5days in Pan Pacific Orchard Spore. We decided to stay here coz the location is strategic at orchard road, the staff was so friendly and helpful. The restaurant was good and very well taken care of delicious pure vegetarian food by Md Iqbal Restaurant Manager and his team. Just walk to many shopping malls. Over all, the friendly services n location-make our stay memorable in Spore. Amit Jain-New Delhi.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear indgovt,

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are glad to know that you liked our unique location and was able to explore the vibrant entertainment and shopping district of Orchard Road. We are also pleased to know that our associates left a good impression with their friendly and personalized service. I will surely pass your wonderful comments to our associates.

Once again, it is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again to Pan Pacific Orchard!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011 via mobile

I booked the twin room from 3 June to 7 June, it is my first day to stay, I can say that it is really poor, the furniture is too old and some broken. The single bed is really small, i never find a hotel like that. I cannot image that is a 5 star hotel, i ask for change room but
refused coz I am in promotion price cannot change. it really out of my expectation, and the price is 1630 per night. Not worth at all. I will not try this hotel anymore

• Stayed June 2011
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Dear timmyng425,

It is only through feedback, from guests such as yourself, that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide. Our guests are our priority and we are committed to ensuring that every stay is positive and memorable.

We are regretful that your recent visit has fallen short of expectations and wish to share that it is certainly not in line with the level of service that we strive to achieve at Pan Pacific Orchard. Your comments here and from your personal note to me have been highlighted to the respective Managers and team to ensure we do not allow similar incidents to re-occur.

Could I take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling 65 6831 6602 in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I travelled to Singapore for a 2 day business meeting and was really pleased with the efficient check in/out, room service and hotel meals. Staff were always available and helpful without fuss. I needed to check out as late as possible as I was booked on an 8 pm flight and has a business meeting; the hotel kindly allowed me to check out at 3PM on a complementary basis as the room was not booked for that night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear millionsofmiles,

Thank you for your generous feedback. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the services and facilities Pan Pacific Orchard has to offer and that our staff were able to accommodate your requests. I’ll be sure to pass on your compliments to the associates, I’m sure they will be happy to know that that they’ve left a great impression on you. Allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Orchard and we look forward having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Stayed in the Pan Pacific Orchard for 3 days for business seminar. Pleasant and enjoyable all throughout. Nice rooms, great food and very helpful hotel staff. Wouldn't mind coming back again soon!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Dear tiffykl,

Thank you for your feedback and it’s great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a delight to receive recognition of our commitment to create memorable hotel experiences, and even more rewarding to know that you will be returning to stay with us.

I will definitely pass on your compliments to all our associates. I’m sure they will be happy to know that they have left such a great impression.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to Pan Pacific Orchard!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I travelled with my friend and our respective children, aged 7 to 12. The hotel staff were fantastic, so helpful, friendly and full of information about how to get about and where to go. My friend chose the hotel as it was close to the shopping on Orchard Street and had a pool. We were within minutes of the shops but off the main road so it was quieter. We used the pool and spa facilities and towels were provided. The breakfasts were excellent with a great choice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
Dear Brooks71

Thank you for your feedback and it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted to receive acknowledgement of our commitment to create memorable hotel experiences and I will surely pass your wonderful comments to our associates.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed and took full advantage of our unique location. It is indeed great to be able to step out and be in the midst of the vibrant entertainment and shopping district of Orchard Road and be able to quickly step back to the tranquil surroundings of the Hotel.

Frederic Jenni

Been to Pan Pacific Orchard? Share your experiences!