“comfortable Stay with convenient amenities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marina Mandarin Singapore

You added Marina Mandarin Singapore to your Saves list
Marina Mandarin Singapore
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Raffles Boulevard,Marina Square, Singapore 039594, Singapore   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Festive Sale
Ranked #50 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
“comfortable Stay with convenient amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

stayed 2 nights at Marina with overall good experience.
Housekeeping service is good and prompt. Room is spacious for twin sharing but become kinda tight if you throw in additional bed for triple sharing.

plus point : pillow menu !!!!

Located just next to Suntec Convention Centre and Marina Square Shopping Mall gives tons of option for meals and shopping!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kurt W, General Manager at Marina Mandarin Singapore, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Jarain,

Thank you for your great review and I appreciate the time taken for your valuable feedback.

It’s wonderful to know that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us. We’ve always strive to exceed guests' expectations, and I’m glad to know that you’re happy with the pillow menu that we provide and that Marina Mandarin had left a positive impression on you.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kurt O. Wehinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel, with extremely convenient location right next to Marina Square mall!
The service I received was top notch, with extremely friendly and helpful staff. The room I had was well laid out and comfortable, and the inclusions (minibar and laundry) made it great value for money.
Thanks for a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kurt W, General Manager at Marina Mandarin Singapore, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Peter W,

Thank you for the great review and I appreciate the time taken for your valuable feedback.

It is my pleasure to have made your stay an enjoyable one and at Marina Mandarin, we always strive to exceed guests' expectations each and every time with our signature Asian grace, warmth and care. I am glad you enjoyed the mini bar offers too. This is channeled to the team and I am sure feedback as such will serve as a great motivation to achieve greater excellence.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

1. Found many dust on the panels (the area near the mirror in where you put the toothpaste, shampoo) inside the toilet

2. Poor display quality (snow) of the LCD TV

3. When we exit from the lift (6/F) and walked towards our hotel room, bathing water dripped from ceiling (i.e. from 7/F) and dropped onto our heads. We need to report this to the hotel staff on the same floor. That means, the hotel staff are not alert enough about the surrounding.

4. Poor attitude of the bus driver when we wanted to take the shuttle bus from Sentosa back to hotel. He refused to let us take the bus and very rude.

5. The price per night stay is SG$ 240, really unacceptable with above issues.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear chan2014feb,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate the time taken for your valuable feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience. Please be assured that the short comings of our facilities have already been looked into and I've also reviewed the service of the bus service provider.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to having an opportunity to make your next visit a better one.

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We arrived at this imposing looking hotel after an 11 hour flight from London with my wifes luggage lost in transit. Although this hotel had been booked nearly a year in advance, we had too wait for 2 hours for our room to be ready. Reception staff did not want to help with phone calls to try and track down our missing luggage. Upon being allocated our room we found it overlooked a building site with two crane driven jack hammers smashing concrete. The noise was very intrusive and unacceptable. Return to the front desk and again total indifference when we asked for a different room, none available. The following morning we were woken by the jack hammers just after 7am, so after a shower went down for breakfast and had to queue for over an hour before we were even allowed in the restaurant. Possibly the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. Does not warrant 5 stars and the staff, although busy, need to go back to charm school.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dinger B,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate your valuable time taken for the feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience. I understand it is frustrating to have been kept waiting after such a long flight and it is unacceptable for staff at reception not wanting to assist in lost luggage. I'm sorry the room accorded was facing a neighboring building site and our full house situation could have inconvenience the room change. I've also address the waiting time of guests with the restaurant manager and further actions have been taken.

Once again, I apologize for the unpleasant experience and hope that I will have a chance to make your next stay a better one.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Quite simply the best Hotel I have ever stayed in.......

The staff, the service, the rooms, the ambience, the food - especially the amazing breakfast, the pool, everything 100% top class.

Went on business - cannot wait to return for pleasure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear YorkTraveller1962,

I am delighted to know you've enjoyed everything our hotel offers and that Marina Mandarin has made an impression on you. For your next stay, book online on our website and take advantage of the promotions we have to get the best rates.

Thank you for staying at Marina Mandarin and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

SOUTHAMPTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night on my way back from OZ. The hotel location is good, and the reception and concierge staff very polite and friendly.

However the room itself really let the hotel down. It claims to be a five star hotel but the room looked a bit tired and could have done with a good clean, I found hairs on the carpet which were to long to belong to me, and found that the shower door didn't close properly so my bathroom quickly became a wet room.

All in all a bit disappointed and there are far better hotels to stay at in Singapore.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Brandyboy,

Thank you for the review and I appreciate your valuable time taken for the feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience during your stay. I have raised this issue with the relevant department and pursued further actions to rectify this problem.

Once again, I apologise for the disappointment and I hope you will allow me an opportunity to make your stay enjoyable should you return in the future.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

When I planned this trip to Singapore, I didn't realize it was the Lunar New Year, a big celebration among the Chinese people. Many of the other hotels were booked. I did request for a marina view room and they were able to give me one so I was happy. It is touted as a 5 star hotel but it was a little tired-looking, needs updating. The staff was very helpful, specially the folks at the concierge desk. It was walking distance to the marina and other places we wanted to go to.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kurt W, General Manager at Marina Mandarin Singapore, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Flaneuretta,

Happy Lunar New Year and I hope you enjoyed the spring lunar atmosphere in town. Indeed, Chinese New Year is a celebrated festive event in Singapore and every year, Marina Mandarin invites a team of lion troupers to perform the traditional Lion Dance on the first day of the Lunar New Year at the hotel’s drive way. Hope you did catch the performance and we have photos of the event on our Facebook if you’re interested.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kurt O. Wehinger

Been to Marina Mandarin Singapore? Share your experiences!