There are several hotels with the word "Mandarin" in it in Singapore, there's Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Marina Mandarin, Mandarin Orchard. The first one is run by the Mandarin Oriental Group while the latter two are owned by the Meritus Group. I think the Mandarin Orchard used to be a 5 stars (now 4 stars) run by the Mandarin Oriental Group back in the 1970s, therefore keeping its Chinese name of 文華大酒店, very similar to the real Mandarin Oriental Hotel... I was confused and booked this hotel instead of the real Mandarin Oriental. This hotel is OLD!!! It's not worth the US$ 250 per night rate that I got. It's a 1000+ room hotel that's hustling and bustling in the lobby everyday. If what you want is a 5 star luxury hotel, this is NOT! Don't be confused...
However, this Mandarin Orchard is the one with the famous Hainan Chicken Rice, so you should come by for lunch at Chatterbox during your shopping on Orchard Road.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore Hotel
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Mandarin Singapore
- Meritus Mandarin Singapore
- Meritus Mandarin Hotel
- Singapore Mandarin
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1971, Mandarin Orchard Singapore is a veritable icon in the local hospitality industry, embodying rich Oriental charm. Its prominent location in the heart of the world-renowned shopping beltof Orchard Road makes it the preferred hotel of choice for many visitors. Boasting some 1,051 lavish guest rooms, each a harmonious blend of comfort and contemporary elegance, they are equipped withbroadband Internet access, comprehensive amenities and a panoramic view of the city from the higher floors.A smorgasbord of food and beverage offerings is available throughout the hotel. These include award-winning cuisines from Chatterbox, home of the Mandarin Chicken Rice; Mandarin Court Chinese Restaurant; Triple Three, an international buffet restaurant; Coffee & Crust, a café serving tempting cakes, pastries and coffee from illy; and Bar on 5, a chill-out bar five floors above Orchard Road. The hotel also offers expansive meeting and function facilities, as well as advanced audio-visual equipment and intelligent lighting systems, making it the ideal choice for meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Orchard Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.