“Experience at Furama River front Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Furama RiverFront
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   405 Havelock Road, Singapore 169633, Singapore   |
Ranked #58 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Visakhapatnam, India
“Experience at Furama River front Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here with my husband between 26th August to 8th September 2012.
The overall experience was good and I really enjoyed my stay.
Rooms were good ( executive rooms, between 17th & 19th Floor), except the following :
as I entered the room, first thing I saw was the wash basin, which was indeed not appealing, otherwise room was OK.
Always ask for the rooms facing the City-view, as the pool view rooms are not having any view.

Room Tip: Always ask for rooms with city view, pool view rooms are not having any view from rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama RiverFront, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Indrani, thank you for your comments. We're glad the overall experience with us was good. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I have got a chance to stay here for one night. Overall feeling is that the room size is big which is the good thing together with the lcd tv. But the overall feeling is that the room is old and some smell in the cabinet.
The bathroom is clean but not to the level of high quality one, the tower size is tiny even i am not a big size person.
The breakfast is fine with variety food.

The price is not cheap.
Internet speed is good from my feeling.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kobchula,
Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping department and they are looking into the issues. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced.
On the bright side, we are elated you enjoyed our breakfast selection and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Maldon, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I know Singapore is an expensive place to stay, but having paid much more than I have paid almost anywhere else, I was disappointed with just how average the service was, and by the ordinary quality of the rooms. The room was plain, of reasonable size, clean, but starting to look shabby. The bathroom was also looking well worn, with amateurish maintenance attempts, and plugs that malfunctioned.
Somebody needs to pass on the message that expensive wifi is a a big turn-off. The position is so-so, but there are some good little riverside eating establishments just behind the hotels on the opposite side of the road.
The hourly complimentary shuttle bus to Orchard Road and Clarke Quay is also a plus.

Room Tip: "Deluxe" room is a euphemism for ordinary.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama RiverFront, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Roadrider_12,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for the inconvenience experienced.
I have shared your concerns with our respective departments. Allow us to take your review as a learning experience.
On another note, we are glad you enjoyed the eateries by the Singapore River.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had read the reviews on this hotel and against my better judgement I decided to take my chances. Big mistake! This hotel is old and worn out just like I had read. Dirty carpet, peeling paint, moldy bathroom and awful customer service! Upon checking out I noticed a double charge for internet and explained that I had switched rooms during my stay and that they had made a mistake. They refused to take the extra charge off and would not to listen to my explanation of what they had done. In all of my professional life I have never experienced such poor customer service and I warn anyone against staying here. Do not make my mistake! Stay away!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear USALIVINGMALAYSIA,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I have read your comments and am appalled to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with us. I have launched immediate investigation into your concerns, however I am unable to trace your stay with us without your full name.
Please do contact me in private at marcom.riverfront@furama.com with your full name and date of stay and I will get back to you once the results of the investigation have been established.
Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Furama Riverfront is a pretty good hotel. Service from the concierge, front desk and all other staff that I interacted with was prompt, friendly and to the point. My room was well appointed and reasonably spacious. Bedding and linens were good and I slept well. Breakfast is also pretty good with a wide selection to please both Western and Oriental palettes.

Negatives don't really reflect on the quality of the hotel... I stayed here for business, which the hotel is well suited for. It is not centrally located so taxi service is required when you want to go about Singapore. Other hotels that I've stayed in are located much better relative to tourist attractions and the MRT or SBRT systems, so tourists who want to travel the city via public transport should look elsewhere. You can find hotels more centrally located with good service for the same price (or less).

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better views over the city.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hi ScubaZorro, thank you for your lovely comments. We're glad you had a positive experience with us. We do have shuttle services to Orchard and Chinatown daily, as well as a morning shuttles to Outram Station and Shenton Way on weekdays. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Chesham, Bucks, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

After a shaky start to our Anniversary trip around Asia (being dumped in Dubai by Emirates) Bates Motel was going to be a step up ... but Furama Riverfront's Customer Services and facilities exceeded our expectations. Stayed 2nd-3rd Sept 2012.

It was booked as part of a package with Elegant Travel & Tours in the UK. I did email the hotel direct ahead of arrival to say it was our anniversary and we would like a nice non -smoking double room if possible.

Easy check in and they informed us we were upgraded to the top floor - executive room with use of the Executive Lounge.

Lovely big room - big bath and swanky glass enclosed bathroom - with blinds for privacy. Bags were delivered to our room quickly. Great view over the park area and skyline (rear of the hotel). Robes, slippers and Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries.

When we explained we had booked two nights - but thanks to Emirates now only had an afternoon and a night to explore the city we asked what "Hi-lights" and must sees we could do in limited time. The front desk were very useful in providing maps, order to do things - best to get cabs, where to walk, eat and drink - that sort of thing. All very useful and we managed to cram all that we wanted to see into the afternoon and early evening.

Executive Lounge - we almost forgot about this - but popped in for a looksy in the evening. Some "Club Lounges" have been basic and a real let down in the past - but this lounge was amazing. Quiet, restful, nicely designed and the complimentary food and drinks were great. Sushi, noodles, meats, salads, cheeses, etc and intricately made dessert nibbles.

Well worth upgrading - for this alone - especially if you have a very limited time in SNG and no time to faff about looking for places to eat. We used all our will power to leave the lounge and head to nearby Clarks Quay to experience some nightlife.

Returned to our room that night to not only find fruit and lovely roses - but an anniversary card signed by members of the staff at the Furama.

Breakfast - again in the Executive Lounge - and again - lovely food well presented. Something for all tastes.

This hotel - from check in to check out was a joy.
We had limited time here but were made to feel really special in the 24 hours we were in Singapore. Nothing seemed too much trouble.

Would definitely stay here again if we could and we would recommend a room on the Executive Floors 17-19.

Room Tip: Book an Executive Room on the high floors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Charleygirl76, at Furama RiverFront, we're committed to delighting our guests. We love our Executive Rooms as well, with complimentary wifi and a pillow selection menu available! We're elated that you enjoyed your stay with us. Do let us know when you are coming to Singapore again!
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Furama Riverfront for the last leg of our honeymoon. Up until then we had stayed in some very nice hotels but we were disappointed with the Furama.
We booked through STA travel and the brochure has pictures of luxury rooms with great views, however this was not our experience at all. I would say our room was like a traavelodge in the UK, basic and functional. We had booked a double but our room had a double and a single bed which we were told to "ignore" by the lady who checked us in. The double was up against a wall so only one side had a bedside table. There was no carpet in our room, nor in the room above us so we heard the scraping of chairs on the ceiling. The bathroom was small and basic but had no extractor fan. Our view was of a side road, and some large turbines!
The corridors of the "guest" floors are a little tired and shabby, we assume all the pictures are taken on the executive floors.
On the first night we decided to eat in the buffet which was fine, except when it cost c.£80 for two with a beer each! You would have to eat a lot for it to be worth it and we much nicer meals out for the same or less. Breakfast was also over priced at c.£35 for two, we found it much cheaper to eat out.
The pool area was nice, towels are provided and there are plenty of lounges however it does not get the afternoon sun so is a bit chilly.
The lobby bar is nice, there is a happy hour and reasonably priced snacks like sandwiches.
The location is good if you want to be slightly away from the main centre, there is an MRT about a ten minute walk away and Robertson Quay is five with some great restaurants. You can walk to Chinatown as well.
The wifi was a little pricey, c.£8 for an hour.
Overall for the price we paid per night I would have expected a lot more in England, it may be a better experience if you are In an executive room. If you do stay eat all your meals out it will be better an cheaper by far. If we return to Singapore I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Furama_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Furama RiverFront, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear IM295,

Thank you for your feedback and we will definitely look into ways of improving. I am glad you enjoyed our Waterfall Lounge with its 20ft waterfall set amidst a tropical forest setting. For your travelling convenience, we do provide shuttle services hourly to Orchard Road and Chinatown as well as Outram Station and Shenton Way on weekday mornings.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Been to Furama RiverFront? Share your experiences!