We spent one night in Singapore and this hotel was a great choice.
There is a free shuttle bus picking you up at the airport. We had to wait 25 minutes for it (which is quite a long time when you are coming from a long flight from Europe), but I guess we were just unlucky: I understand the shuttle goes every 30 minutes, so it was bad timing for us.
Check in took less than 10 minutes. Our room was nice and had all that we needed. The bathroom was absolutely fine.
We had breakfast in the morning, which was good. I have to say that I have had better breakfasts at similar hotels - but that does not mean that the breakfast at this hotel was not good. It was just "standard" for such hotel. The selection of fruit juices was quite limited (only orange juice and pineapple juice, and they both tasted rather artificial). Coffee and tea were not self-service, you had to wait for the staff to come and offer it to you. When we had breakfast it was quite full and we had to wait a while for our coffee refill.
The location is great, it is close to lots of restaurants, so you can easily go for a walk in the evening and grab a meal.
I would go back to this hotel if I wanted to spend one or two nights.
if I wanted to spend longer, I would probably look for a more central one (but of course, this is a personal choice... )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Roxy is an ideal hotel for a business trip or holiday in Singapore. A haven from the bustling city amidst the heritage charms of historic Katong, the hotel enjoys easy access to the city centre, Changi Business Park, Singapore Expo, the Marina Bay area and Orchard Road. Enjoy fantastic shopping at Parkway Parade on the doorsteps of the hotel or a great day out at East Coast Park with beaches, recreational facilities and renowned seafood restaurants. Only 10 minutes from Changi Airport with complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, ACCOR, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Grand Accor Roxy Hotel
- Grand Mercure Roxy Hotel Singapore
- Mercure Singapore
- Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy