“My Marriott Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel

You added Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 Orchard Road, Singapore 238865, Singapore (Formerly Singapore Marriott Hotel) (Orchard Road)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cavite City, Philippines
“My Marriott Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Very nice hotel, good service and location within Orchard Rd is just perfect!

Stayed September 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
manila, philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

We were booked at the Singapore Marriot for 7 nights in October. We had connecting rooms. Location is excellent, service very good as what would be expected from a top class hotel, food was okay but very pricey. Room quality was very good, with all the usual amenities one would expect or desire, though the rooms are not too large. I would recommend this hotel. It is right in the heart of Orchard, accessible to all forms of public transport.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

I was lucky to get the Marriott Orchard for 120 USD on Priceline earlier this year. For singapore this is a pretty reasonable price.

The room is quite large, bed was comfortable, bathroom was in reasonable condition. Checkin and out went smoothly. Perfect location for shopping and gettign around on the MRT.

I would say the hotel is not up to the usual Marriott standards. Things seem a bit worn, but everything worked so I was pretty happy.

I was on the 9th floor facing Orchard Rd and on the Fri / Sat nights you could hear a lot of music from various advertising screens. It wasn't really that loud that you couldn't sleep. I was out the 2 nights anyways so didn't affect me.

The pool is great to lounge around after a hard days walking.

For the price I paid I was pretty happy with everything. If you were paying the more 200+ I think then you'd be entitled to feel a bit disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
oakland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

The rooms are noisy, noisy, noisy. I've had to stay a couple times. The last time the construction noise in middle of the night was annoying, and this stay I'm forced to listen to the music blaring from the poolside bar. Even 10 floors above the pool, it's loud.

Also the internet is expensive and no wireless in the room. My company books me into this hotel, but next time I'm going to find a way to get another place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

We stayed here for three days through Priceline. Hotels in Singapore are expensive and this was a way to get a 5star for the price of a 3 star hotel. It is a well located property- near shopping, restaurants and the subway. If I were to return, I think I would prefer to stay in the City Hall or Marina Area-- we felt we had to head down that way for all the things to do. Things are expensive, shopping and food more than Hong Kong or China. The rooms are small, and a little worn, but nice and clean. Beds comfortable. We were on the 14th floor on the pool side which was quiet with a very beautiful large window with a gorgeous skyline view. Nice TV with many cable channels, absolutely beautiful uncrowded pool. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you get a good price. Full price, no.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed at the Marriott between 11-13 Oct 2009. A letdown from the very beginning. We checked in at 11am. No security from the entrance, we were unpleasantly surprised. We made our way to the check- in counter. It was busy, we waited for our turn. Thats okay. But the front office lady was such a stone face. She couldn't even afford a smile.

The room given to us was 1306, right behind overlooking the construction site. Another letdown. Could have change but we didn't.
Room was okay. Smallish. Less than expected of a 5 star.
Downstairs was all very business-like. Congratulations. But really this is not a hotel to bring your children for a family vacation. So cold and unfriendly.
Pool was rectangular and unexciting. Very normal old fashion style.
No kids club.
Concierge was very helpful. Showed us the way to the singapore zoo and the hop=on=hop=off. But he screwed up his face when I told him we flew in by jetstar. I am still wondering whats wrong with jetstar asia, Glad to check out after 2 nites.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I'll keep this one short. It's a Marriott and not one of their luxury venues that you sometimes see in Asia. Bog standard which is fine. You're going for consistency. I think it's the first Marriott I've stayed in outside of States and having lived offshore for the past 10 years. Location, excellent, right in the middle of Orchard Road. If shopping's your thing, you can't go wrong here.

Check in and check out are quick and other than that, it's average.

See my review of the Regent Hotel in Singapore for Singapore visitor tips.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!