“not that "Grand" after all” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality

You added Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality to your Saves list
Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Bras Basah Road, Singapore 189559, Singapore (Formerly Rendezvous Grand Hotel Singapore)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
UpTo 35% off +WiFi +Tour
Ranked #41 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
france
“not that "Grand" after all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have been staying at this hotel for the last few years, each time not more than 3 nights before journeying elsewhere. I choose this hotel mainly for its location. Every stay has been
memorable in a negative way. Before it had "Grand" to its name, and hardly 10 minutes
in my room (i was just unpacking my luggage), a man opened MY door and was about to
enter. He had been allotted the same room as mine!!! Can you imagine the breach of
security here?
Next year, i check in to find ants crawling on the desk and a hardened cobweb in the
bathroom (hardened, meaning it had been there for some time) ... kudos to housekeeping.
Just back in Europe after 2 nights there this June and another incident. I opened the
wardrobe and the light came crashing down. Good thing i was not reaching into the
wardrobe for something. When the technicien came in to repair the fault, i pointed out
to him that the entrance light was not working either. To which he responded "it should
be working" ... duh, as if i don't know that it should!
I responded to their online feedback Survey and added my reviews as well and it does not
surprise me that i do not receive any acknowledgment.
I would still say its a nice hotel and i'll probably not hesitate staying there again (looking forward to seeing what new problem i'll next face). Apart from the hike in rates after they refurbished
and very successfully i would add, there are still areas to improve before they can really
be considered GRAND.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear susu747, thank you very much for sharing your experience, and I am very surprised to hear nobody responded to your feedback during your past stays. Rendezvous Grand Hotel is a Far East hotel since August 1st, and while I would not want to claim we are perfect, I would kindly ask you to reach out to me directly should you ever get a less than satisfactory response to any challenge you may encounter in future. I will be happy to personally oversee your next stay with us should you decide to return, to make sure you have the excellent experience you deserve when choosing a Far East hotel.

Warmest regards,

Christian Wolny
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a week. The reason i booked this hotel is due to its location advantage. During checkin, i was told to wait for 3 hours as there are no rooms available though i had a valid booking with a note for early check in. After tough conversation with the reception staff, i decided to cancel my booking and go for another hotel. I was asked to wait for 5 minutes before they handover the room key. Hate to know that there were rooms available but had to fight to get it.

The room was little cramped with two separate beds. From the time i entered, there was a problem with the air conditioning and i reported almost everyday. Whenever the AC person fixes it, it goes back to the old state in minutes. I have even asked for change of room but they said its full.

On a positive side, the breakfast was pretty good. Will not recommend or stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear LakshmanaPrakash, thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to fix the airconditioning in your room. As for your waiting time upon arrival, we usually recommend guests arriving much earlier than 2pm to pre-register to guarantee room availability. I am glad to see our team did eventually find a solution despite the high occupancy. I am disappointed to learn you perceived this to be unethical.

Warmest regards,

Christian Wolny
Hotel Manager
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed there for 7 days, booked two rooms for the family.
Rooms are a bit tired.
Housekeeping / Room cleaning could be improved and should be more tidy.
Noisy construction next to the building which just doesn't seem to stop drilling and hammering all day long so the baby was a bit cranky due to lack of sleep. Apparently construction been going on for 1 year and will continue for another year at least building an underground MRT.
One they we had the privacy light on for the housekeeping to leave us alone and not to disturb the baby and don't come in but instead they kept calling the room to see if they can clean it.

On the last day we moved our belongings to 1 room and requested a late checkout which they would not agree to, so I agreed to pay 50% of the room charge which they accepted. At the end they charged me the full price for the room which is a total rip off given that we spent $5K SGP in this hotel for 1 week and arrived after midnight the first day and the noise all day long due to construction. I got tired arguing with the unhelpful manager who just kept repeating that they just follow hotel policy and we had to rush to the airport so I gave up. This overcharging really killed it for me and I will never stay there again.

The location is good and easy access to Orchard malls and anything else but the above negative issues outweigh this and singapore is so small so most hotels will suit so to sum it all up I would never stay there again and cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RendezvousGrand, Director, Marketing Communications at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with Rendezvous Grand Hotel Singapore.

We have spoken to the housekeeping staff and was told that you had the privacy light on during your stay with us. As our hotel’s ‘do not disturb’ procedure, the housekeeping staff called the room at 2pm and did not get a response from the room. At 4.15pm, our duty manager informed the housekeeping staff that you would like to clean the room in 10 minutes. The housekeeping staff then proceeded to the room and rang the doorbell to change towels and replenished some toiletries as requested

The hotel’s check out time is at 12pm and we did receive a request for late check-out and you have been informed by our staff that a half day rate will apply for late checkout till 6pm and afterwhich, a full day rate will apply. As you checkout at 8.45pm, therefore a full day rate had been charged.

We hope that the above gives a clearer picture as to the events that happened during your stay with us and we thank you for your understanding.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

It was nice experience to stay with Randezvous for a week & felt like at home.

It's cozy place with great location, connected well with rest of the city.

With SMU & little India nearby, good treat to have homely food & Enjoy new learning.

Some of the rooms, facing noisy construction work that was on. Fortunately got good upgraded room with latest amenities on 10th floor.

Only problem faced was with Wi Fi in room, very unpredictable though complimentary.

Enjoyed my stay though i visited frequently & stayed in Singapore for some months before.

Room Tip: Ask for upgraded rooms while booking, preferably rooms on 10th Floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christian W, Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Travel_Crazy_0625, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have made our wireless internet faster and more reliable since your last visit, and complimentary for all guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager.
Holywell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, great location, lovely room with very comfy bed, staff all very helpful would stay here again, lovely pool and gym, didn't eat at the hotel as we were out and about for most of the time. free wi fi which was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Wendy J, Thank you for your review. I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope we can welcome you back soon to a new and improved Rendezvous Hotel Singapore. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is my 2nd time to accommodate this hotel.

The location is great, 1 mins walk to metro station. After the refurbishment work, the hotel looks good, and the cleanliness level is also acceptable.

The service of staff was standard, not bad.

Hotel provides free Wifi service, but the speed and the reliability shall be improved. Of course, you can pay extra to upgrade it, but I didn't.

The breakfast is good with a lot of choices.

An external factor I would like to point out. When I was arrived there at 21:00, the new metro construction site that adjacent to the hotel is still working with noise. The noise was keeping until 22:00. Actually, that’s not the hotel fault, but the planning for the construction from this site should consider about the disturbance of citizens.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear maxwongwk, Thank you for your review. I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. Let me share with you that the construction noise is very much under control by now, and disturbance for our guests has really been minimized. I hope we can welcome you back soon to a new and improved Rendezvous Hotel Singapore. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager
lusaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

i loved my stay at this hotel because it is located right in town.there are several malls close by and it is also just a few minutes from orchard street if want to do some major shopping.i thought the beds were really comfy but to high for my liking.i liked the fact that they are environmentally friendly and they try to save water by asking you whether you would like them to change or beddings and towels or not.they also have a swimming pool and gym.I found that there wasn't a wide variety of English channels on there TV and i found myself watching nothing at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear nyalumanda, Thank you for your review. I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope we can welcome you back soon to a new and improved Rendezvous Hotel Singapore. Warmest regards, Christian Wolny, Hotel Manager

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality? Share your experiences!