“Good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality

You added Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality to your Saves list
Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Bras Basah Road, Singapore 189559, Singapore (Formerly Rendezvous Grand Hotel Singapore)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
35%off +Free Tour +WiFi
Ranked #40 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
HK
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights on business. Good central location walking distance from Orchard Road and SMRT. Rooms are nice and spacious, though a little tired. Breakfast buffet is not that great, fairly basic. Overall a good enough place to be based to explore Singapore, but not necessarily to hang out at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christian W, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Bebbi71,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write this review. We are happy to hear that your overall experience with us is pleasant.

Our excellent location at the heart of the city has definitely brought convenience for our guests. Many of the key attractions in Singapore are within walking distance from our hotel.

As Rendezvous Grand Hotel is now under the management of Far East Hospitality, please look forward to exciting new features. Please refer to our brand website www.stayfareast.com for the best deals available! We look forward to welcoming you back for a renewed experience.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is my first time to write a review. Stay here for business trip for 6 nights. Walking distance to office n SMRT which is very nice.

Very clean hotel room. Breakfast buffet was just ok to me but at least I still have some choices.

The only thing I am not pleased with is the hot water. For 4 nights I had to call the techician to come as there is no hot water. I know Singapore is hot but if someone doesnt like that hot just simply turn the tap to the right side.

Just now I called the receiption again, the lady just told me turn it to the left side. Does she think I am silly? I hv turned it till the very left hand and wait for a while.

After the technician comes n I told him this is the 4th time. He just asked had I complaint, I understand he is not the CS, but I just want him to tell others to pay attention on it. Just once is acceptable, 4 times I prefer to come and write my comment.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear ilinwen,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review. I am disappointed that we had not matched up to your expectation during your stays.

In view of the feedback, I have spoken to our staff to take note of their approach when handling guests. We understand that it is very frustrating to put up with staff’s seemingly uncaring attitude. Rest assured that it will be inculcated in staff on the utmost importance of customer service where guests have come to expect.

As Rendezvous Grand Hotel is now under the management of Far East Hospitality, please look forward to exciting new features. Please refer to our brand website www.stayfareast.com for the best deals available! We look forward to welcoming you back for a renewed and improved experience.

bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for a business trip for 2 nights for USD210 a night (breakfast included). The room (Standard) is on the small side but clean. Got a room with king bed (for this hotel means 2 doubles pushed together). Bathroom has no bathtub but provide good toiletries. Beds are on the hard side and you can hear noises from traffic and construction site nearby. Not a major disturb though. Asked for 2 key cards but the reception insisted they can only provide a guest with only 1 key card. Not so customer oriented on this point. Breakfast was adequate, nothing special. No free bottled water provided, just a sign next to the sink which says "tap water is potable". 7-11 and Kopitium (a cafeteria) is just opposite the street which is convenient. I would try a different hotel at this price or pay a little more for a bigger and fancier hotel.

Dear wate49,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write this review. We are happy to hear that your overall experience with us was pleasant.

As Rendezvous Grand Hotel is now under the management of Far East Hospitality, please look forward to exciting new features. Please also refer to our brand website www.stayfareast.com for the best deals available! We look forward to welcoming you back for a renewed and improved experience.

Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

here for work but thats what made the location so good It was easy to walk wherever at night time, and from memory Singapore offers about 2000 + restaurant options so central to all is a bonus. The hotel has recently been refurbished at its looking really good. Once the roadwork outside is completed it will be ideal.
The staff on arrival were very efficient, as I got a cab that would only take cash, (dont you hate that) so they fixed it with little fuss, .
Free internet connectivity is a bonus (not sure if its free in all hotels in Sing). Found it strange to have beautiful big Doona's on the beds in a city where 29 was the night temp, but no fuss for them to remove it.
A few dining options, havent tried them all yet, but they were certainly buzzing with activity by 830pm.
The pool and gym are well laid out, modern ,and good pool for lap swims.
A classy traditional style hotel in a great location very close too the MRT undergroud rail.

Dear Bruce W,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Rendezvous Grand Hotel and we are happy to know that we have met your expectations during your stay.

Like you have mentioned, our excellent location at the heart of the city has definitely brought convenience for our guests. Many of the key attractions in Singapore are within walking distance from our hotel.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in Singapore and it was a central hotel with quality service. The reception staff were extremely helpful, as was housekeeping and everybody was super professional and friendly.

Our package included the complimentary buffet breakfast at the affiliated cafe and it was the right amount of food to start off the day. They served fresh fruit, cereal, (all the typical american stuff) along with Singaporean/Chinese dishes as well.

The hotel is located in between 2 MRT stops; both about a 5 minute walk away.

Even in the sweltering heat, I managed to walk to the Merlion one morning; and it only took about 30 minutes! So for those who dare to venture under the hot hot heat, you'll get to pass by many sights! (Tip: You can cut through malls and underground passages to get a bit of AC once in awhile!)

The night safari (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!) was convenient to get to without the hassle of a taxi as there is a shuttle bus company that stops near hotels and directly goes takes you there. Rendezvous Hotel is extremely close to one of these designated stops; giving visitors piece of mind (It's right across the street from the hotel; just ask reception!)
I loved Singapore and this hotel was definitely apart of that experience.

Pool was great, though I didn't get to enjoy enough of it because it rained in the afternoon! (As I am told is typical!)

Room Tip: There is currently construction happening outside the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chelsss,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your stay with Rendezvous Grand Hotel. We are happy to learn that you had enjoyed you stay with us.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here for three nights. All I can say is, location, location, location.

It is situated just a few steps from Bras Basah MRT, close to Plaza Singapura shopping mall, and there's a nice Kopitiam just in case you're hungry in the middle of the night.

Other than that, well, when we checked in, the staff on the reception were polite but not too friendly. The room is is very nice with the designs and decorations, but a bit too small.

We went to Singapore at that time for work, so from time to time we need to connect our laptops to wifi. The connection was not too good. The hotel might want to do something about it.

Breakfast was good, and the staff on the coffee shop were nice.

It was on company's expense so I didn't mind staying there. But then again, considering the high price, and if I were to come on my own account, well, I don't know...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear ingks,

Thank you taking your valuable time to share your experience at Rendezvous Grand Hotel with us. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

As we are constantly improving ourselves to bring quality service from the heart to our guests, we have noted your feedback and would work on making guest experience better. I am happy to inform you that we are offering free, consistent Wi-Fi service to all hotel guests; it would benefit our business travelers especially to help them stay connected.

As Rendezvous Grand Hotel is now under the management of Far East Hospitality, please look forward to more exciting new features. Please also refer to our brand website www.stayfareast.com for the best deals available! We look forward to welcoming you back for a renewed and improved experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

In the last year, I stayed at this hotel 4 times - during week long work trips to Singapore. I picked the hotel because it used to fit my corporate room rate allowance and was still a short bus or MRT ride into Suntec City (where my offices are).

I gave up living there and moved to another hotel further down the road in late 2012 though. Because there is precious little else the hotel offers except the location. They are not part of a large chain, do I gain no 'points' for staying there. I always had to fill out all my details / or leave a business card at the reception - which led me to believe that they don't have a CRM system worth a penny (always checked in with my passport and used the same card to pay too).

The rooms are OK, but It irked me was the bad wireless Internet and no breakfast (despite paying a high 200$ + tax room rate). I like their bathrooms - lots of light and well appointed. The room service menu seemed excessively expensive. The restaurants were Ok, but nothing impressive. Like i said, it worked for me - but then again, not for long....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Narayanisms,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience at Rendezvous Grand Hotel with us. We value your feedback deeply.

As Rendezvous Grand Hotel is now under the management of Far East Hospitality, please look forward to more exciting new features. Please also refer to our brand website www.stayfareast.com for the best deals available for both rooms and breakfast! We look forward to welcoming you back for a renewed and improved experience.

Hotel Manager

Been to Rendezvous Hotel Singapore by Far East Hospitality? Share your experiences!