“Brilliant Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Have read a lot about this Hotel so on my visit to Singapore this time, I wanted to experience it myself; it surpassed my expectations. The team are probably the best trained team that I have ever experienced. From check in to check out, they made my stay an experience to remember. The rooms were very clean and well presented.

Stayed March 2014
InterContinentalSin, Manager at InterContinental Singapore, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear William C,

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. I am glad to hear that you had a most memorable stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We are proud of the team that we have, who work tirelessly to create the perfect experience for all our guests. Thank you for acknowledging their efforts and we look forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Singapore again in future.

Distribution & Online Marketing Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Ok I get it, Singapore is the most expensive place to live according to BBC. It is now more expensive to live in Singapore than Zurich, can you believe that? Wow.

So anyway, where was I? Oh yea, the review. Here it is:

Pros
- Location is superb, bugis lrt is just right under the hotel
- The bugis mall is next to the hotel
- Decent service, it IS a 5 star hotel, so service MUST be decent right?
- The National Library is next the the hotel, I didn't had time to venture but that must be a Pro right?
- The house cleaning folks were nice and friendly, I have a weird habit of chatting with house cleaning folks. You must be nice to those that clean up after you. I believe in this.

Cons
- Beds are so so soft (I like my bed hard, please refer to my other reviews). I have a bad back and I cant sleep well on soft beds.
- For the price, the breakfast is so MEH. I expected more and so much more.
- My room was okay, I dunno for the price I expected more.. It was so MEH /shrugs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear CE123,

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. I am sorry to hear that your sleep experience was not as ideal as it should have been. Should we have the opportunity to serve you again in future, do let us know of your requirements of firmer bedding ahead of time and we will do the necessary to ensure that your comfort is met. Thank you also for your feedback on our breakfast offering. Please do write us at singapore@interconti.com with any specific feedback you have on your breakfast experience so that we may take steps to improve upon it for the benefit of all our guests. Thank you and we wish you a pleasant week ahead.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel is in a great location and easy to get to from the airport by MRT. My wife had stayed at the hotel previously and had really sung it's praises so the expectations were high and we stayed here on a stop off. The hotel was perfect and lived up to expectation. The welcome and service is second to none. The rooms are luxurious, spacious and perfect to relax in the comfy beds and having pillow menu was an extra bonus. The pool and facilities are fantastic, great views from the rooftop pool and the best breakfast we have ever had. The concierge also kindly organised a taxi back to the airport for us. Will definitely stay here again due to its great location when we next visit Singapore.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim S,

Thank you for your continued support and this review of InterContinental Singapore. I am glad to hear that you and your wife once again enjoyed our hotel's convenient location and general facilities, as well as the service that you received from our staff. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back on your next trip to town and the InterContinental Singapore.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

As other reviewers have said, it's in a good location, the staff are very welcoming and pleasant, the rooms are a good size and we are enjoying an all too short stay in Singapore. Would definitely return to this Intercon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalSin, Manager at InterContinental Singapore, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Langalenie,

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. I am glad to hear that you had a memorable experience with us and enjoyed our rooms as well as the service that we have to offer. We thank you, also, for keeping us in mind as your choice hotel in Singapore and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a long weekend before I had to work in Singapore and then Hong Kong for a week. We found the service exceptional and friendly across all staff. The room was good, very comfortable bed and bathroom . Loved the high power hair dryer. Internet access reliable and fast. Well positioned for exploring. Enjoyed the Olive Tree for the buffet dinner

Dear jackirmic,

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. I am glad to hear that you had a memorable weekend with us and appreciated the friendly service of our staff, your well-appointed room and having reliable internet access. It is also good to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at Olive Tree and that our convenient location allowed you to better explore Singapore's sights. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Singapore in future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is hands down the best business class stay I've ever had. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left the service was above and beyond. Nothing too much trouble, the staff were always delighted to be of service. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it was great and I'd stay again without question. Great shopping next door at Bugis Junction and a brilliant central location. Pool is a little overlooked by taller buildings, but hey, its Singapore!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear bunyip_dreaming,

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. I am glad to hear that you had an excellent business stay with us and enjoyed our central location as well. It was our pleasure to have been able to ensure that all your needs were met and we look forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Singapore, be it for business or leisure, very soon. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Cheshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

A hotel I will consider returning to if in Singapore. The location was great, very close to a MRT station giving us access to the city. Lots of cheap shopping close by and plenty of places to eat.
The benefit of a club room was great, it gave us access to the lounge which was a great place to relax with very attentive staff. The room was comfortable and clean with a very powerful shower.

Dear BrigitteTK,

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. I am happy to hear that you would consider us your choice hotel to return to on your next trip to Singapore, and that you especially enjoyed our convenient location connected to the Bugis train station as well as the services and attention that you received as a guest of Club InterContinental. We look forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Singapore again soon.

Distribution & Online Marketing Specialist

Been to InterContinental Singapore? Share your experiences!