“Superb hotel in one of my favourite cities” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Superb hotel in one of my favourite cities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a modern hotel next to the Bugis shopping centre (connected via a back entrance) and the MTR/subway - with direct cheap trains to the airport.

The Shophouse rooms are a feature of the hotel, although some look out directly over the shopping centre - try to avoid these. Otherwise, the rooms are large and comfortable. The club lounge is well worth the extra - breakfast and evening snacks are available, including free drinks, and it's a nice place to relax. Plenty of choices to eat in the hotel, but as this is Singapore there are loads of options nearby as well.

Room Tip: Shophouse rooms are unusual, but you may end up with a view of the inside of the shopping centre - I...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
InterContinentalSin, Manager at InterContinental Singapore, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear ag_01011970

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as a Club InterContinental guest in our signature Shophouse rooms. I hope that our convenient location adjoining Bugis Junction Mall and the Bugis train station also value-added to your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore. Have a great week ahead!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just spent 4 days at the Intercontinental in Singapore with my family. We had two rooms on the 8th floor. One of the rooms smelled mildew and there were small details that I would probably forgive in other hotels but are really not up to what I'd expect from Intercontinental - tea bags that are not replenished, fresh towels that were still wet, a rude doorman, an empty soda can that someone left next to my door and there it stayed for a couple of days.... The location is great, conveniently next to a mall and markets. Comfortable bed. Would I stay there again? Not sure.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
InterContinentalSin, Manager at InterContinental Singapore, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear ckatsuya

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at InterContinental Singapore. We do sincerely apologise for the less than satisfactory experience that you have had with our service and your room. We will be looking into actions to correct our service presentation and upgrading works for our property in order to better serve your needs. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in future in order to re-instate your confidence in our hotel. You may contact us directly via singapore@interconti.com for any further assistance on the subject. Thank you.
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We came from lengthy trip from Indonesia. The Intercontinental hotel was like an oasis for us. We got good night sleep, ate all the food we were missing for so long, my favorite beer in nice bar, pool for relaxation...
Breakfast room was quite busy, but you the quality of the food were excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hannes123456

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience that left your rejuvenated after a long trip. We hope that you will continue to consider us your hotel of choice on your next visit to Singapore. Have a great week ahead!
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I used my points to stay in this hotel. Location is very central, a beautiful building, good connections via the MRT. Lots of shopping and restaurants around hotel. I stayed during my birthday and the staff sent me a piece of birthday cake with very beautiful decoration. I love it. Very friendly and helpful staff. I had an excellent stay. This is a late review for July 2012 stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear burgly

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over your birthday and that our staff were able to surprise and delight you on that special occasion. It is also good to know that you enjoyed our convenient location adjoining Bugis Junction Mall and the Bugis train station. We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Singapore soon.
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Have been staying there many times over the years. Excellent service, curtious staff super rooms and facilities good food and a nice place to watch soccer at Victoria Bar. Will definitely recommend for leisure or business. The MRT and cinema is just next to the hotel. Architecture Nyonya Peranakan Style....class.

Room Tip: Become an Ambassodor of the hotel (loyalty programme) and get guaranteed upgrade
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
InterContinentalSin, Manager at InterContinental Singapore, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Rahul D

Thank you for your continued support and taking the time to write about your stay at InterContinental Singapore. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and that the service levels of our staff were able to meet your expectations. Whether for business or leisure, we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Singapore soon. Cheers!
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've stayed in Clarke Quay and the Marina but this location was by far the best as the hotel opens out to Bugis Street Shopping Mall and markets and the MRT. There was a food hall in the mall with very cheap food.
The twin room had two big queen size beds and the bed felt like I was couched on a marshmallow cloud - I didn't even want to get up in the morning, it was the most comfortable bed ever & included a pillow menu. The toiletries provided were top quality and I usually don't use the hotel toiletries but in this hotel, they were so nice that I did. The wifi is fast and fabulous. The rooms very spacious & clean and the shower was great water pressure and temperature and plenty of room. The shower is separate to the bath and easily accessible for the elderly. The pool is excellent too.
The service was amazing and the housemaid was like my personal concierge. He gave me his personal telephone number in case I ran into any difficulty when I was out and about but I didn't need to use it. He gave me a map of the MRT transport system and advised me exactly where to go for all my shopping needs. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he did everything with a smile. It was so comforting to know that even though I was out and about alone in Singapore, there was somebody who would come to my rescue should I need it. Reception service at checkout was just amazing and if not for the checkout procedure where they ask if you have collected all your belongings from the safe including your passport I would've been in real strife at the airport as I had forgotten my passport and had to venture on back to the room to collect it.
There was nothing I could fault, not one thing. Next time I'm in Singapore, I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PerthLaura

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at InterContinental Singapore. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and rooms. As a 5-star luxury hotel in Singapore, we pride ourselves on being able to provide you with a personalised service, be it sharing directions with you or reminders on your travel documents. We know you have a choice and we're glad that you chose us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to Singapore. Cheers!
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a relaxing 5 night stay whilst in Singapore on business. It's a haven of peace and tranquility in an otherwise busy city. Spent time unwinding by the pool after a 12 hour flight, worked in the peaceful bar area and made the most of the restaurants and bar. Nice room, well furnished and plenty of free fruit! Everything worked, just as it should. Staff were extremely friendly and courteous. The Intercon is also handy for exploring the city, with a shopping mall next door and Bugis market over the road, everything was close by.
I hope to be back on my next trip to the Far East.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear James S

Thank you for your review of InterContinental Singapore. It is wonderful to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. As a 5-star luxury hotel, we pride ourselves on being able to provide you with the best, be it in our product or service offerings. We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore. Have a great week ahead!

Been to InterContinental Singapore? Share your experiences!