We stayed at the Intercon for 5 days and found that the location was perfect if you are a tourist wanting a central location. We were able to walk to Raffles, Suntec (where you can get on the Hop On / Hop Off buses to just about anywhere in Singapore) Bugis street is right across the road and there is the Bugis shopping centre that you can access through the hotel lobby in air-conditioned comfort. There are loads of places to dine within minutes of the hotel that suit every budget.
The room was incredibly spacious with a large bathroom that included a bath which was great to soak in after walking around all day. The hotel lobby and dining area is beautiful.
The service was very friendly and the concierge was helpful providing directions to the sights we wanted to see. We never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for a taxi & many places we visited were within easy walking distance.
The hotel rooms are probably due for a re-furb soon but the beds were very comfortable and rooms were spacious. The hotel was excellent value for money.
Overall I would recommend this hotel, we will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Singapore, the only luxury hotel in Singapore to preserve Peranakan artistry in a shophouse-style setting, is located next to Bugis Junction shopping complex, Singapore's first glass-covered, air-conditioned shopping street. Descendants of the Chinese traders and local Malay women from as early as the 17th century, the Peranakans blend Chinese art and Malay style harmoniously to create a unique architectural look. Set in the heart of historic Bugis and minutes away from Marina Bay, Central Business District and Orchard Road shopping and entertainment district, the hotel is a unique landmark replete with subtle Peranakan undertones, from timeless furnishing with elaborate carvings to rich tapestry and intricate ceramics. With 403 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites with modern amenities blending seamlessly into the décor as well as a variety of award-winning restaurants, bar and lounge, the hotel is a city sanctuary that delivers an authentic and enriching experience combined with world-class facilities and services for all discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Intercontinental