The building is grand, and the rooms are nice. The service, however, was bad enough that I don't plan to ever return. I tried to book a taxi to the airport when I arrived at reception. I was told that I needed a van that would cost $75 for the 15-minute ride (I paid less than $20 for the taxi from the airport to the hotel). I asked the concierge for the stationwagon-size taxi like the one that brought me to the airport, and the concierge said he would book one. The day before I was set to leave, I went to the concierge to confirm the booking, and he (another staffer) said the concierge booked the van. When I told him I requested the stationwagon, he called the cab company, then told me it was not available on such short notice. I asked him why it wasn't booked earlier, but he didn't know and didn't look into it. I then contacted the manager and asked him why my request was ignored. At first the manager claimed that the sort of car I requested could not be booked. I told the manager that wasn't true -- the concierge had tried to book the specific car I wanted and failed only because it wasn't available, not because it couldn't be done. The manager then claimed that the hotel doesn't use the cab company that offers the type of car I wanted because it's a small, unreliable company. I'm not sure that's true, but the inconsistent answers from the manager and concierge cast doubt on everything they said to excuse their shortcomings. In the end, the price difference didn't bother me much, since I had to pay extra in advance booking and other surcharges anyways. But the experience with the concierge and manager was bad enough to dampen my trip to Singapore and make me wish I had decided to stay elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Intercontinental
- InterContinental Singapore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Singapore, the only luxury hotel in Singapore to preserve Peranakan artistry in a shophouse-style setting, is located next to Bugis Junction shopping complex, Singapore's first glass-covered, air-conditioned shopping street. Descendants of the Chinese traders and local Malay women from as early as the 17th century, the Peranakans blend Chinese art and Malay style harmoniously to create a unique architectural look. Set in the heart of historic Bugis and minutes away from Marina Bay, Central Business District and Orchard Road shopping and entertainment district, the hotel is a unique landmark replete with subtle Peranakan undertones, from timeless furnishing with elaborate carvings to rich tapestry and intricate ceramics. With 403 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites with modern amenities blending seamlessly into the décor as well as a variety of award-winning restaurants, bar and lounge, the hotel is a city sanctuary that delivers an authentic and enriching experience combined with world-class facilities and services for all discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your InterContinental Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.