“Great Hotel in a prime location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Members Exclusive:25% Off
Ranked #13 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
Bhubaneswar, India
“Great Hotel in a prime location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It was an great stay there at Intercontinental.I was there for a leisure trip with my business colegues.We stayed there for 4 nights.Rooms r great.Specious,clean n well furnished.Bathroom was superbbbbbbbbbbb n with many comlimentary toileteries.Breakfast-simply wowwwwwwwww.Lovely foods n many choices.Staffs r friendly n always welcomes with u a smile.Overall a great hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Michael_Belanger, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Singapore, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear satya97,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit last year.

We are very pleased to know that you've enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, the food offering for breakfast and more importantly, the friendly service of our team members.

Regards,

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I am in a club floor room at this hotel and stepping into the shower, when a housekeeper attempts entry unannounced! My "do not disturb" notification light was on. In my experience with other fine hotels, this has never happened! I spend sixty hotel nights per year in my travels so I am not a novice about what to expect. Get your act together folks!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Michael_Belanger, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Singapore, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Spritfxr,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing about your recent stay. Allow me to apologize for the
unexpected intrusion to your room by one of my team, during your stay with us.

The experience you had been through is unacceptable and I am not offering any excuses from our side except to reiterate to you that refresher training and reminder has been given to the respective team member and my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.

I hope this has not deterred you from staying with us again the near future, if you would like to give me an opportunity to meet up with you, as to share your comments with me, I can be reached at singapore@ihg.com, Executive Assistant Manager, InterContinental Singapore

Warm regards,

Jimmy Kok
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Another great stay at one of my favourite hotels in the world. It can be a grand hotel or if like me like that home from home feeling it is that too. It's a beautiful building with magnificent great lounge but its the staff who make this hotel special. Not once did I pass any staff member and not get a cheery greeting. Carry a bag and they are right over to ask to carry it. The club lounge is equally special and I sat there to prepare an important presentation. It was not going well. But whether it was printing, PCM help or just a bit of friendly but discrete encouragement Anita Anna and Raj were right there. Truly great.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear LondonDonald,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay once again.

We are always delighted to welcome you and I will be sure to recognize the great work of Anna, Anita and Raj. Also we're glad you enjoyed the Christmas tree in the Lobby Lounge, thank you for the pictures.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Enjoyed staying at the hotel, great location next to a mall and close to everything. Rooms were fine and check in/out was easy. Breakfast was also really good. Nice hotel for business travellers. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ravdubai,

Thank you for the review about your visit last summer.

We take great pride in the service provided by our team and I am glad you enjoyed their friendliness.

West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This has got to be the best hotel experience we've ever had. Everything ran as smooth as silk. Our 10th floor room was decorated with understated elegance and a spectacular view of the city. Amenities were abundant and luxurious. Linens were spotless and made of crisp fine quality brushed cotton. Towels were huge, absorbent and plentiful. Pillow menu: of course. Turn down service: definitely. But those components were not what made the InterContinental so special. It's the staff. Someone has been doing a masterful job of making sure that each and every employee is immaculate, eager to be of service, totally responsible and reliable and always bearing a cheerful countenance. We were not demanding guests but this is surely a place for demanding guests! Your wish is their command and they all seem so happy to help.
They all go the extra mile, every step of the way.

We booked a Club plan and it was a major bargain. Highly recommended. This gave us entry to the Club Lounge with it's dedicated personnel and marvelous food options. All included. We started with a sumptuous breakfast. In late afternoon they serve High Tea with a variety of delicious cheeses, sandwiches and pastries. Early evening is cocktail hour which features fabulous hors d'oeuvres such as steamed dumplings, stuffed grape leaves, salmon and on and on and on. In an expensive city like Singapore where the only cheap food is sold by hawkers, this is an elegant alternative to dining out. Service is wonderful and food is gourmet all the way. Cocktail hour, of course, features free liquor, wine and beer, in addition to soft drinks. And, we didn't ask but the staff saw our boarding passes were for a 7am flight so they suggested a breakfast box delivered to our room at 3. It was delicious and lovely.

It's hard to overstate the case for the InterContinental. If you go to Singapore this is the place. Centrally located, you will feel right at home except that home is not usually so smoothly run and beautiful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear rojersey,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit.

I am very proud to see that our team member provided you with such attentive and courteous service. I'm also glad to know that you've enjoyed the benefits and value of our Club lounge.

Ellon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

stayed here for one night whilst I took my two kids to Universal Studios. The hotel is only a few mins walk from the nearest MRT station.
The room was clean and tidy.
The buffet breakfast was very good but was disappointed with the buffet dinner. went down about 7,30pm and nearly every hot food option was empty, was there for about an 30 mins and still no fresh supplies. My daughter ordered steak from the menu rather than have the buffet and I was not happy at being charged extra for a portion of steak fries.
Staff however were helpful and friendly

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michael_Belanger, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Singapore, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear brymills,

Thank you for your comments following your stay last month.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel, as well as the quality of our rooms.

I will share with our Executive Chef and F&B Manager your feedback regarding the dinner buffet and a la carte menu pricing for necessary follow up.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback.

Regards,

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one hotel in Singapore that I dare say I truly enjoy the stay. Let me give you two examples and you will know where I come from:

1) We were offered a gift as an ambassador club member when my precocious daughter asked if the gift was chocolate. When told it wasn't, she went away disappointed. The gentleman staff who served us, his name was Kelvin, must have heard what she said. He later turned up at our doorstep with a small box of chocolates for her! Oh, that was btw after showing us the way to our room (and subsequently refusing a tip).

2) I went for a swim with my daughter at the pool. At the end of the swim, I asked if I could wrap my girl up with the pool towel and bring her back to the hotel room, rather than having to change to her clothes. I was pleasantly surprised that it was ok, reason being that my similar request at a 6-star hotel in marina was turned down. At least my daughter's comfort took precedence over the pool staff's organizational ease.

Other things to note are prompt and efficient housekeeping and turn-down service, smiles among all staff etc. Some minor drawbacks we faced were a sticky shower tap where tap turning on can only happen after some hammering, imbalanced hot-cold bath-tub tap where the temperature of the water fluctuates tremendously and less-than-impressive made-in-china toiletries disguised as USA products. Oh, a comb provided with the toiletries would have been great. Last but not least, parking is hell for a local who wants to park there for staycation (it was thoughtful to have unlimited parking coupons for redemption though.)

All-in-all, the stay at Hotel Intercontinental was above expectation. The hotel's strategic location alone would have made any tourists' stay a convenient and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: For any foreigners staying there, I strongly recommend staying at the rooms that used to be part of...