I did like this hotel very much. It had the feel of the Raffles hotel and Chic without the usual high rise glass fronted ultra modern places. Lovely lounge area just off reception and a good little Bar round the front side ( though the bar staff were pretty lazy and chatted to locals instead of serving the residence - I sorted that out though pretty quick ) and a great swimming pool and Gym onthe Roof. Location was excellent too. It appears there are 2 different kinds of rooms in the hotel as my partner had a more modern room. I was up a staircase off the lounge ( no lift access) in the old colonial part, but it was well worth it. My room was old fashion but Very "Hemmingway " with the old fans going round etc and i loved it , especially the high celings which allows the air to circulate in the hot conditions. Give it a go, its cool ( Room 203 - excellent )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Singapore, the only luxury hotel in Singapore to preserve Peranakan artistry in a shophouse-style setting, is located next to Bugis Junction shopping complex, Singapore's first glass-covered, air-conditioned shopping street. Descendants of the Chinese traders and local Malay women from as early as the 17th century, the Peranakans blend Chinese art and Malay style harmoniously to create a unique architectural look. Set in the heart of historic Bugis and minutes away from Marina Bay, Central Business District and Orchard Road shopping and entertainment district, the hotel is a unique landmark replete with subtle Peranakan undertones, from timeless furnishing with elaborate carvings to rich tapestry and intricate ceramics. With 403 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites with modern amenities blending seamlessly into the décor as well as a variety of award-winning restaurants, bar and lounge, the hotel is a city sanctuary that delivers an authentic and enriching experience combined with world-class facilities and services for all discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Intercontinental