Stayed at this hotel after having spent a week in a hospital in Singapore due to an accident. It was a fantastic stay. The rooms were really nice. The parquet wooden floors and decoration gave the room a lot of charm. Definitely a great idea of getting rid of the usual carpet floor in hotel rooms. The service was great, anywhere you went in the hotel. My arm was in a cast and the hotel staff went out of their way to help me. The buffet/Italian restaurant was pretty good. Have not tried the other ones. Finally, the location is quite convenient. Adjacent to a new shopping centre, walking distance from the Marina and a short (cheap) cab drive away from Orchard Road. Definitely going back there on my next trip to Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Singapore, the only luxury hotel in Singapore to preserve Peranakan artistry in a shophouse-style setting, is located next to Bugis Junction shopping complex, Singapore's first glass-covered, air-conditioned shopping street. Descendants of the Chinese traders and local Malay women from as early as the 17th century, the Peranakans blend Chinese art and Malay style harmoniously to create a unique architectural look. Set in the heart of historic Bugis and minutes away from Marina Bay, Central Business District and Orchard Road shopping and entertainment district, the hotel is a unique landmark replete with subtle Peranakan undertones, from timeless furnishing with elaborate carvings to rich tapestry and intricate ceramics. With 403 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites with modern amenities blending seamlessly into the décor as well as a variety of award-winning restaurants, bar and lounge, the hotel is a city sanctuary that delivers an authentic and enriching experience combined with world-class facilities and services for all discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Intercontinental