“Beautiful restaurant in park setting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 7,382 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza & Pasta, Tea Room
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Characterised by its colonial architecture since 1918, Alkaff Mansion sits atop Telok Blangah Hill surrounded by lush greeneries and overlooking the unending pastures of a 19-hectare park. Offering an escape from the city, the restaurant serves up authentic Italian cuisine amidst the soothing atmosphere of a tranquil garden setting.A pair of ornate fountains, a romantic roofed gazebo, an outdoor terrace and a Grand Marquee on the mansion's courtyard dot the approximately 97,000 sq ft premise. Representing the epitome of destination dining in Singapore, Alkaff Mansion Ristorante promises only the best of a memorable dining experience.
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Beautiful restaurant in park setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Once a private home, this 2 story restaurant with open center and lots of small private rooms is lovely. Food was very good as was service. Special treat was a show the monkeys put on along the garden walls.

Visited March 2013

Hong kong
“Beautiful setting, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Worth the taxi ride to this hidden gem - set amongst the trees the restaurant is an old restored mansion. The food is good. The portions are large so if you intend to order several course, order entree and not main course portions. I had the pumpkin ravioli as an appie - extremely rich sauce. Lamb chops were cooked perfectly. The warm chocolate pudding cake was a very rich, dark chocolate. One of the best I've ever had. We ordered two courses then split a dessert and were quite satisfied.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Tricky to Rate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Celebrating my husband's birthday. The building is gorgeous - as is the setting. It wasn't raining so the long flight of entry stairs was not an issue but I could imagine it being a bit nasty in a tropical downpour. I'm not sure if they have any kind of access for people with mobility problems.

Service was very good. Warm, friendly but professional.

The food - hmm. A little hit and miss, to be honest. My husband had the cold pasta with oysters. You need to really like oysters to enjoy this dish. I had the papadelle. It was really nice - I enjoyed it very much. It does have a slightly strong cinnamon taste but I liked it anyway. Husband had the ravioli - very strong mushroom/truffle smell. He enjoyed it but said it wasn't spectacular. I had the fish which was served on a bed of ratatouille. The fish skin was not crispy - didn't bother me - I don't eat it anyway. The fish was every so slightly overcooked and the ratatouille was, well, ordinary.

Desert - we ordered the semi-freddo to share but ended up with the chocolate fondant cake. Something got lost in translation but we couldn't be bothered sending it back but I'm sure they would have rectified the problem professionally and without fuss. It was our choice to not to bring attention to it.

It was my husband's birthday and I would have thought at least someone would have wished him a "happy birthday" but none did. Not even a candle stuck in the dessert. I did make the reservation via their online reservation facility "Chope" and noted the special occasion on that booking form. Maybe I should have called ahead and asked them to make a bit of a fuss. I couldn't do it once we were there cos that would have just been sad.

Prices were not too scary.

This is a fine dining setting, with almost fine dining service but the food - not quite so fine dining. Nice, palatable but fantastic - no. So it's a tricky place to rate.

Would we go back? Actually, probably we would. The setting is so lovely and very romantic and the service was very good. We just wouldn't be going back for the food.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice ambience, reasonable food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Restaurant location is unique, and exclusive. Ambience is great with the jazz band. The stairs leading to the restaurant is not quite friendly, as it is not sheltered and can be a problem when it rains. Service is satisfactory. Food wise, it depends on what you order though. Appetizer of mixed cold cuts, burrata cheese is ok, my pasta with seafood tomato based is so-so while my husbands' slow cooked short rib is excellent !! So it is rather hard to rate it ! Dessert is also reasonably good but not exceptional. On a whole pricing is considered reasonable at SGD750+ for 7 person for Appetiser/soup/main/dessert and a bottle of Prosecco.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Great brunch but a little pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went there with some friends for brunch and really enjoyed it. The food was excellent, there were many choices. The options were maybe a little obvious (Italian apetizers) but I really loved all of them, so no complaints. The cooking stations and the warm dishes served to the table were also great. Probably cannot keep up with the brunches in the big hotel chanes but the ambiance is really nice and it is not too crowded. I was just a little disappointed that I had to pay the same price for the non alcoholic option than the champagne option and then even had to pay for my water. Thats just sad. Also a little too many children around for such a nice ambiance.

But I guess what counts was great: Food and service