“Good food but extremely overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food but extremely overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Excellent food , good location but extremely overpriced . The spread for lunch and dinner is awesome with some nice wines to go with it .

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Destin, Florida
“Wonderful dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I had a sunset dinner on the river there after visiting a nearby museum then reading reviews on line. My wife had a pasta dish which was, she said, good but not outstanding. I had one of the chef's recommendations. Braciol De Maiale Alla Griglia or Iberico pork smoked in Japanese cherrywood with dried tomatoes and a butter sauce. The best pork dinner I have ever eaten. Flavorful and juicy. Just excellent. Service was very good and the setting next to the fever was perfect. Highly recommended.

Oslo, Norway
“Good food and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We visited this restaurant after a long day of walking and sightseeing and merely picked the first and best restaurant we came across. And what a great choice. The service was fast and polite and the food was good. Furthermore, the view by the river is something special. Particualrily as the sun comes down and the night settles.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“One of the best outside of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I visited the restaurant two days in a row. L'Operetta came highly recommended from an Italian friend living in Singapore and he was right. The first night I enjoyed a great oven fired pizza. It was so good I wen back the next day to try one of their pastas. The ravioli must extremely good.

I was fortunate to have the same waiter two days in a row and received fabulous service.

If the food and the staff aren't reason enough to visit. The view and ambiance of the river and view of the city and the Marina Bay Sands is great. I wish my wife could have been with me because this is a romantic place to be.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was initially skeptical about the restaurant, given it's strategic location in a commercialised tourist belt area. I chose this restaurant mainly based on positive reviews I'd read. The skeptic in me was proved wrong as I found everything from service to food and ambience faultless. We had the fetuccine alla marinara con curry delicato and the panna e prosciutto which even my friend agreed was one of the best we had ever tasted. The pasta was al dente, the prawns fresh, and crabmeat tender. The waiter also bothered that we were sharing and took the trouble of separating the pasta into 2 portions. The pizza base was full of herbs and tasted almost like ciabatta done well. The ham added just an adequate touch of saltiness to the pizza. Overall, a great dinner experience!

• Visited October 2013