“Great food !” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Found this restairant via Tripadvisor with great value . Food was fantastic and staffs were extremely welcome. out-door seats were great, especially at night. Staffs would meet all our requests. Great and would come back again

• Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
“ideal spot for outdoor dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I found this cafe thanks to the reviews on trip advisor. Its location in a quiet courtyard provided a welcome break from the overcrowded streets of Little India. It was nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy a warm evening. The service was excellent and the food was fresh and delicious.

• Visited March 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had passed this restaurant a number of times and after returning very hot and hungry from one of my morning sightseeing adventures, I went there for a late lunch.

I received a very warm welcome (and an ice cold glass of water) from Vicki and after taking my order, she sat me at a table closest to the fans and pointed them in my direction to cool me down. Their menu consists of both local and western food and they also offer a variiety of drinks and cocktails at very reasonable prices. Whilst I was waiting for my food and drink, her father sat and had a chat with me. I had a wonderful conversation with him and he was very knowledgable and informative. I found out that he was 70, which quite surprised me, as he looked 10 years younger!! My chicken fried rice with vegetables arrived and it was very tasty indeed. The Singapore Sling went down very well too!!

I went there for lunch every day after that and always found the food and service fantastic and will
certainly eat there again.

• Visited February 2013
Stittsville, Ontario
“Lovely Spot for a Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a very good dinner at Leo Cafe & Restaurant while on a 3 day trip to Singapore in January. We chose to sit outside, and found both the service and food to be of a very high quality. Not only did we enjoy the location of this restaurant, which was very close to our hotel (the Ibis Bencoolen), as well as being on a pedestrian street which provided fun people watching opportunities, but we also found it to be reasonably priced. We would definitely recommend the Leo Cafe as a place to dine in Singapore!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
anywhere in the world
“Nice location, dreadful food! Not worth its ranking by a long way...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Okay. So we tried this place because of it's ranking on Tripadvisor. We have found a lot of nice restaurants that way. But this restaurant is cwrtainly not one of them!

Let's start with the positives. The location is nice, sitting in a nice square with trees and lights. Very pretty. It gets one point for that. And as has been said in other reviews, the service is very good. The staff are friendly, polite and attentive. Another point for that.

But that is where the points run out, because the food was, to put it bluntly, pretty awful. I ordered the butter chicken as I am fond of this dish and it was recommended in the reviews. Well, what I was given was the worst butter chicken I have ever had. In fact, it bore little resemblance to butter chicken. It was very, very sweet (i wonder how many spoonfuls of sugar) and the dominant taste was coconut (which is not an ingredient in traditional butter chicken). It tasted more like a koorma, and a bad one at that.

My Indonesian wife ordered Chicken Opur (Opur Ayam), which is an Indoensian curry. it was also very sweet indeed. She didnt eat much of it....... she said it wasnt very nice.

Maybe we ordered the wrong food. I am not a fan of excessive ginger, so I chose not to order the black pepper and ginger beef dish which is recommended in other reviews. The review is based on the food we ordered, and in my opinion it was well below average for Singapore.

No idea how this place became ranked so highly. But I might try the Indian place next door, the pleasant smells wafting from that direction suggest that their butter chicken will be a lot better than Leo's!

Avoid!