“Best eggs Benedict” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Best eggs Benedict”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The ambience is fantastic , bright airy and cheerful. I loved the decor and the printed upholstery . Hits the mark between kitch and sophisticated.

The staff was attentive and very accommodating for our ladies brunch. We changed our table thrice!! It helped that we were there on a weekday.Very supportive staff for Singapore .

The five of us ordered the breakfasts and I had the Norwegian , eggs Benedict and salmon and avocado. The taste was spot on. The best in Singapore for me so far.and the portions are huge.

For a breakfast,a beverage and we shared some deserts we paid about $30 each. Which was very reasonable.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Istanbul, Turkey
“good very expensive breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

one breakfast burrito and one french toast along with a small cup of coffee and a pot of green tea will cost you about 60 singapore dollars. if that is around your budget, you may go and choose from delicious items.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sippy Downs, Australia
“Okay, but disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

With many marketing activities and a stunning website, we are lured into trying this place for breakfast. It is marketed as a place like home whilst offering what they claimed to be breakfast around the world.

I think their idea is brilliant, but I think the execution is poor. Whilst the plates presented were stunning, the quality of the food I can only rate it as average and the coffee was merely good. The dish lacks the depth of flavours that you would expect from what they are trying to portray as a high end restaurant. In fact the best comparison with the quality of the food is similar to a food court, except it looks stunning. Its "creation" really only have the novelty factor but lack of substance to match. It is just amateurish.

We ordered a Tunisian and a Parisienne. The Tunisian is overly hot, but lack the depth of flavours you would expect from various herbs, spices and meats usually present. The Parisienne french toast has not been soaked through (my pet hate) and lack the expected flavours of vanilla/buttermilk/cinnamon you should expect. The ham was poor quality and the mustard didn't cut through the mess. The hollandaise sauce lacks the acidity and the kick you normally expect from cayenne pepper, and too little seasoning. The worst is the side "salad" of cucumber and tomato which just didn't make much sense to the dishes. However, the brioche was nice and soft with the Tunisian and probably the best part of the meal.

Despite the staff was smiling at you when you walk in, the service is definitely not intimate. When I was ordering and taking my time (like 5 seconds), the staff serving me has already shown a bit of impatience. What gets me is their 10% service charge, but it is a counter service. Yes, you have a number on the table, and you order at the counter. They also do not accept Amex which is really strange for where they are located and the customers they are trying to attract.

Out of all the restaurant we went to in Singapore so far, this restaurant is by far the least welcome of small children. We were basically feeling very unwelcomed the whole time we were there.

May be the manager can sense my unhappiness, and our feedback form was removed from our table whilst the drinks were served.

What I believe this place to be is just a marketing machine. Its continue insistence of no pictures are just strange in today's world. I think the lack of pictures or menu creates this hype an aura that draws people in.

The worst thing is the price you have to pay. SGD61, for two breakfast and two coffees with a counter service. I would have been okayed if the food wowed me but to me this is a big disappointment. It might be okay for the less travelled and the locals to think it is good, but for someone who is well travelled and have tasted the "real thing" you will find it an insult to your tastebud and your wallet.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“great for brunch !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

i went there a couple of days ago and it was nice. I ate Tunisian which is their signature dish .. and my friend ate European. both taste great really nice for brunch .
I love their bread, its fresh from the oven . I can smell it and feel it when I bite it !
really love it ..

the place was crowed, a lot of people queuing outside, but the their manager manage it professionally. the place also nice they have great interior.

you guys should try to hve brunch there !!
it's kinda great for brunch !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Dismal Service, Awful Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We decided to try Wild Honey based on the reviews and comments from friends. Hopefully, we went on an "off day" for the outlet. Place was packed with diners who were chit-chatting more then they were eating, so we had to wait about 25 mins for a table.

After getting the table and quickly ordering, my smoothie arrived but was the wrong flavor. It was literally snatched our of my hands without so much as an apology.

My eggs benedict was rather cold when they arrived and I had expected the eggs to be slightly runny, but they were not at all. The hollandaise sauce was drenched over the eggs (and then some) as if they were a gravy. Trying to get my eggs changed proved futile.

NEVER AGAIN !