“Mediocre food, terrible service!!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Mediocre food, terrible service!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was meant to be meeting a friend here for crunch- she unfortunately overslept so I decided to have brunch anyway. It was moderately crowded and I was placed at the bar- which very quickly filled up to my left and right. I ordered a full breakfast of scrambled eggs with brioche and a side of bacon, as well as their patented wild honey much ( or named something similar)- but basically a mocha with honey. The eggs were good for Singapore standards- although having lived in Sydney for the last 12 years I have definately tasted better. The bacon I admit was excellent quality bacon and cook just right. The coffee was quite interesting- of the good variety. After about an hour I added a grapefruit juice to my order- which was refreshingly tart.
I sat at the bar for s total of abt 2 hours reading and enjoying my lazy Sunday morning when I was rudely informed by the staff- quite loudly and not very politely too- to my embarrassment that they needed the bar space- the one spot I was occupying in an otherwise full the brim bar!!!! With that I was handed the bill. I might also add that the whole time I sat here, my water glass was only refreshed twice- leaving it empty about 50% of the time.
Was the food up to standard- yes. would i have liked to try the french toast- yes. Is this the service I expect from a high end brunch place in Scott's square?- I think not. Would I bGe back- I think not.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
jakarta
“Breakfast all day and from all over the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Wild Honey serves All Day and from All Over The World Breakfast menu (but for sure, you wouldn't find any Indonesian's breakfast menu here, hahaha..
This place is always crowded so better call first for reservation.
Having waited about 20 minutes until we got our seat, surely worth the time, when I ate my Egg Benedict called 'European' ($ 20) on their menu (btw I was forbid to take picture of their menu). The European comes with 2 poached eggs, sauteed buttery mushrooms, Italian prosciotto (which I gave to KY since it's basically pork) and brioche, topped with Hollandaise sauce. The Hollandaise sauce is thicker and more generous in portion than in Hatched, but I liked English Muffin from Hatched, because in my European dish I got a Brioche instead of the muffin. It's slightly harder to chew. However, it's so good no wonder this menu is one of their signature menu.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore
“Breakfast around the world!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Wild Honey, constantly packed and filled with walk ins. Walked in at about 2.30pm and managed to get a table at 3.00pm. Decorations and theme of restaurant was just perfect, artistic and laid back. Menu's are written on the boards and selectively with much of a variety. Had a European and English, tasted amazingly great but would be a little on the high side. Had two sets of breakfast and coffees which would round up to closed to $80. After all, food is good and tasty. However, the Philipino lady at the counter was rude upon our ordering and wasn't friendly at all. Quickly hustled us and punched in the order and literally asking us to leave the counter. A little improvement on the service would bring this restaurant to its next level.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“Breakfast, lunch and dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was excited when I first visited Wild Honey a couple of years ago at the Mandarin Gallery brunch. A place that served breakfast all day! Then,this concept was relatively new in Singapore. The food was good and the place was cosy but a little too cramped. I moved back to Singapore last year and had more opportunities to come back to Wild Honey. The opinions I have now, don't differ much from before.

These days, I mostly visit the Scotts Plaza branch. It's more spacious which means a shorter wait in getting seats. The last two times I visited I didn't have to wait very long at all. There are also more choices in the menus and as always, the food is great and the coffee is good.

I haven't yet deviated from the breakfasts so I can't say if the pastas and main courses are good. I've seen the sandwiches other people order and they look so yummeh.. but every time I go back and think about getting a sandwich, I end up getting pancakes or a rosti. Oh well.

I do have a few grouses. I can't decide if the price of the food here is average or a little on the high side. It's like this, for the price I pay, I do feel that I should be getting the bread basket free of charge instead of having to pay another SGD12 (which is on a very high side). The Israeli salad that comes with the shakshuka is also quite ridiculously small. Otherwise I would feel prices are reasonable.

The other thing I don't understand, is why an Israeli breakfast is not on the menu..I figure the owner must be Israeli since I heard Galgalatz the last time I was there. The Israeli breakfast is pretty damn awesome, so why not?

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“What a fantastic place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place cranks. Our group of 6 came here twice during our 1 week stay in Singapore. I could not believe how a business located so far from any decent foot traffic could have so many customers. We were soon shown the reason, with a fantastic choice of contemporary breakfast options.

Not once but twice did we turn up and even though the place was fully booked and we had no reservations, the staff were able to fit us in (they allocated a table to us with a time limit of 90 minutes which is MORE than enough time to sit down, order, relax, eat, laugh, pay and get out).

Really enjoyed this place and we didn't eat twice anywhere while in Singapore, so it really says something when we eat twice at a location.

The only thing is that would have given this place 5 stars is it could have slightly better pricing especially on the juices/drinks etc. Also, the second time we ate, our meal delivery times were staggard (ie: some people received their meals and by the time the last person received their meal, the first people was more than half way through theirs - which makes it all a bit ackward when dining in a group).

However, this aside, I would happily come back here and "Kimba" highly recommends that you do too ;)

• Visited November 2012