“Surprisingly a let down” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Singapore, Singapore
“Surprisingly a let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I came to visit the restaurant with high expectation, given the impressive reviews posted here.
The ambience of the restaurant is pretty good and quiet, as the restaurant is located away from the main road (Cecil St). I can't fault the service as well.

The food, though, is a disappointment for (supposedly) #7 best restaurant in Singapore. It tries to please the eyes but came up rather pretentious. Taste-wise, out of the 9-course tasting menu ($155 per head), 2 -3 are very good/good, 1 - 2 are ok and the rests are so so. None is outstanding, in my opinion.

For a similar type of restaurant, Iggy's is still much better, or for a cheaper alternative to Iggy's, Buko Nero.

By the way, Hungry Go Where rates the restaurant 3 star (out of 5), which i think is a much accurate rating than here for this particular restaurant

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Singapore, null, Singapore
“Simply Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My fiancee and I were a rather late for our dinner reservation. Fortunately, the manager was kind enough to hold our booking. Upon arrival, we we greeted with warm and friendly smile and then were politely usher us to our dinner table.

I requested for some food and wine recommendation and was so impressed on how knowledgeable the staff were. Everything was explain in detail. Not only that, the manager also has personally come to our table and patiently recommend some good red wine. I decided to select the shiraz - John Duval 2001, to pair with our main course. What should I say - it was absolutely perfect. Great recommendation!

On food, we decided to take 4 courses dinner which specially recommended/selected by the lady manager. Something to highlight was the warm 'charcoal bread' serve with sea salt butter which was very unique and tasty. I can't stop myself from ordering a second serving.
The starter 'Alaskan Crabmeat Salad' and the 'Foi Gras' is also so mouth-watering. My fiancee keep praising on how tasty the food were.

The main course ' Saute Beef ' was tender and simply delicious. I tried to chew it as slow as possible to savour every piece of the meat. Soooo goood! I am not surprise why the price were on bit the higher side. Nonetheless, we told ourself it worthy.

Come to dessert, it was the "Montecristo Veron', a cigar shape wrapped chocolate and a scoop of sorbet. A unique combination of the sweet and refreshing sour. Lovely. We also finish clean the plate!

For every course, the wait staff and manager introduces each item with smile. Service is unquestionable. Nothing is too much trouble to ask. Indeed, we truly enjoyed our dining experience.

If there were a feedback form given to us that evening, I will be happy to give it a 5* rating for the quality of food and most importantly - the service.

One thing for sure, we will definitely comes back.

• Visited December 2012
Perth, Australia
“Amazing food, amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

As we drive down the quiet and dark street I'm sure the taxi driver has it wrong, until the bright glass facade appears. Upon being seated, service was wonderful. The 9 course degustation was selected and away we went. Keystone appear to work hard on sourcing their produce, and it shows. Among our favorite meals were the Spanish king prawn (just amazing with a lovely matched wine), the pork and the 48 hour wagyu.

The dishes are sized nicely and after 9 courses you are well and truly full. Top marks for food and service. We will visit again when in Singapore. And to those that say it is expensive, I've never come across a cheap 9 course degustation but I consider it good value for an amazing experience.

Melbourne, Australia
“Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Did dinner with Singapore based friends here and we all did the 9-course degustation with matched wines. The food was very contemporary and very well done. The quality, quantity and presentation was perfect. The wine matches were international, eclectic, and very well chosen by its excellent young sommelier. The service was pitch perfect. This is a very interesting and well run establishment that deserves to be considered one of Singapore's best.

• Visited October 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Memorable...for all the right reasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Rarely do restaurants these days really leave an impression on me for the right reasons, Keystone delivered, I guess partly because it was never on my radar as one of the must visit restaurants in Singapore. Thanks to a colleague, I've now discovered a real gem located in quite an ambiguous area. The Pork Belly was sublime, the free-range quail was done in such a way I've never experienced before.
Distinctly unique & delicious food....good wine list.....slick service....can't ask for much more. Look forward to visiting Stanley St again next time!

• Visited November 2012