“Utilitarian ambiance, decent massage” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #193 of 292 Activities in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
24 attraction reviews
“Utilitarian ambiance, decent massage”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Qi Mantra at Great World City is a far from an atmospheric and relaxing spa. It is functional and utilitarian in its approach - the massage room definitely falls under the description of shabby chic. However, the saving grace of this spa are the good staff, from the efficient lady at reception to the therapist. The therapist wasn't conversant in English, but managed to ask if the pressure was suitable and if I was in pain. The 90-minute deep tissue massage was focused largely on my back. It was quite painful (through no fault of the therapist - that was all down to my stiff muscles from computer overuse). However, the next day, I felt better and lighter. It is a bit expensive, and for the price, one could do better.

Visited November 2013

Saint Joseph, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“Overpriced and unfriendly :-/”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My first full day exploring, I chose to get a massage at this place, just to unwind from traveling. Not only did I pay more than expected but it didn't regenerate me as hoped. I used Francis McDougal singapore guide to find massage parlours for men the rest of my trip, and found MUCH better value. Do yourself a favour and skip the Qi Mantra - I would consider it a tourist trap.

Visited January 2013