“The best food is at the Food Centre, not inside.” 5 of 5 stars

5001 Beach Rd, Singapore 199588, Singapore
Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 270 Shopping in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: Golden Mile Complex is Singapore’s Little Thailand, a place where you can find all things Thai right here in Singapore.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
25 attraction reviews
“The best food is at the Food Centre, not inside.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Yes, all the Thai food is in the Golden Mile Complex, but everyone neglects the true gem, which is the Golden Mile Food Centre right across the street. Here they have tons of amazing food. A regular foodie heaven. It's like many of the other hawker centers you'll find in Singapore, but with many more middle eastern hawkers. Try the Tulang Sup if you want the messiest and tastiest meal of your life. Lamb femurs stewed in a tangy neon red soup. You can suck the unbelievably delicious bone marrow out with a straw. Anthony Bourdain famously visited the Golden Mile Food Centre in his No Reservations Singapore episodes. He had the Tulang Sup. You should too.

Visited January 2014

• Thai first
Regensburg, Germany
25 attraction reviews
“Singapore's litte Thailand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Excellent Thai foods in various outlets to dien in and takeaway. Lots of travel angents that help you with trips to thialand, ad bid thai supermarket in the first floor with fresh veggies and ingrediences for your own cooking. Taxis are usually availabe except, when another bus from Malaysia unloads its passengers here. Definetly the place to go if you like thai

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
78 attraction reviews
“An interesting place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My then girlfriend took me to this mini-Thailand via busas she needed to do some shopping Quite crowded and great people watching opportunities abound. Prices were reasonable and the food looked great. I probably should try and return. I did, however, detect a slightly seedy air around the place. Judge for yourself I suppose.

Visited August 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“not a very good atmosphere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am a pretty open minded chap and happy to experience new things. I went to golden mile in the evening for some Thai food . As soon as I got out of the cab I felt the atmosphere was not to my liking. I could not work it out but I soon realised that there were a lot of older men in the company of younger women. I have no doubt that everyone's intentions were honourable but having been approached by young women while passing the various bars and "discos" I got the feeling that this was not the place me.

I crossed the road and headed to the golden mile food centre. I was disappointed to find that it is mainly Chinese and Malay food . Both very nice but not what I was after on this occasion. I found one Thai place on the first floor facing Beach road , while looking around for a table I noticed a That most of the tables were taken up by groups of older men and younger women. I saw what I thought was an empty table in a corner and headed for it. When I got to it there was an ice bucket and bottles of beer on the table. I thought the table was taken but it appears the beers were placed there by one of the stalls selling beer. I got the impression that this area was for the use of older men wishing to enjoy the company of younger women. So I found a table well away from all the activity.

As I mentioned I am open minded and do not wish to cast doubt on anybody's intentions but I did not like the atmosphere .As I previously stated this was in the evening around eight ,the atmosphere may well be very different in the daytime. My overall impression not good ,but the food was excellent.

Visited June 2013
23 attraction reviews
“Thai food by Thai people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Golden Mile is well known for its Thai community and they have tons of shops selling the goods from Thailand and small eateries serving Thai food. I sometime go there for lunch with friends and my favorite place is on the basement.
I like their grilled pork. These are not spicy, but marinated with some spices. The grilled fish is quite simple, just grilled with some salt and you can add chilli to eat. They serve sticky rice and smells great. It goes well with the dishes served there. The place is like a little Bangkok. For ladies, better avoid going there alone in the night time as there are Thai discos and pubs opening in the night.