We chose Forest By Wangz as our earlier booking in another hotel had issues and had to be cancelled in the last minute. Since we did not have time, we simply chose the top rated hotel by TripAdvisor - Forest By Wangz - and we were not disappointed!
The staff in this cozy, modern place is absolutely wonderful and make it all worthwhile - we landed up at the hotel by 7 AM very tired (after a 5 hour wait at the old KL airport) and we were welcomed to our room though we were 7 hours early of the check-in time! (please do not expect for this to be the norm - that will be a huge disservice to the staff at Forest).
The studio room was small - in fact, a bit cramped (about 300 sft) - but had everything there. A kitchen with 2 burners, a microwave oven, a toaster and several types of vessels and cutlery - all of top quality and excellent condition. The music system was a nice addition and we used it quite a bit. The king size bed was comfortable. There was an additional sofa as well. We had free Wifi, free local phone calls and free breakfast for all four of us.
We have two boys - one who is 12 years old (grouped as adult in Singapore hotels). Most hotels we had contacted earlier had issues in allowing the four of us to stay in one room - they either wanted us to take up a 1-bedroom unit and purchase an additional bed or take up two separate rooms. However, at Forest, they left this entirely up to us, which was great!
The breakfast was absolutely fantastic -the spread was great and the staff cooked a variety of egg-based items, pancakes, waffles and hash-browns. The breakfast area was very nice and the whole experience, perfect.
The roof top lounge along with the garden is extremely relaxing with some lovely furniture and the city views. The swimming pool looked inviting, but we did not have the time to enjoy it.
The location is fantastic being very close to the MRT, shopping district and the city center.
But what tops the experience is the exceptional service and the genuine warmth of the staff. They were always available and helpful.
Two aspects that tourists to Singapore may be concerned about:
- being a service apartment, there is a minimal stay requirement of 7 days
- the cost is close to that of several glitzy, high end hotels. As tourists, if the prices are comparable, there may be a temptation to stay in large, grand hotels than in a smaller place such as Forest
Having said that, ultimately, as tourists, we would also like to come back to a cozy place with friendly staff and a comfortable room. The fact that the building is large or has a grander reception area should not really matter. It did not matter to us!
We would definitely go back to Forest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE FOREST BY WANGZ is an exclusive 38-apartment boutique serviced residence offering flexible short term and monthly stays in the heart of Singapore. Ideal for the expatriate on project assignment or relocation, the residence is located just a short drive from the vibrant Orchard Road, the financial district and medical research hub at Novena.Offering comfortable, modern style accommodations including a separate open plan style living and dining area with a fully-equipped kitchenette, the residence also has excellent leisure facilities such as a fitness centre, an outdoor infinity-edge lap pool and a rooftop garden with spectacular cityscape views.Residents at THE FOREST BY WANGZ are pampered by a dedicated team providing attentive and discreet service as we invite all to stay inspired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Forest by Wangz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Forest By Wangz Singapore