“Great Budget Hotel in Singapore for Solo female traveller” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tresor Tavern Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tresor Tavern Hotel to your Saves list
Tresor Tavern Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Cavan Road | Opp Road of Jalan Besar Stadium (East Gate), Singapore 209854, Singapore   |
Offers & Announcements
30% off room rate
Ranked #212 of 293 Hotels in Singapore
“Great Budget Hotel in Singapore for Solo female traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was looking for a cheap, good and safe hotel in Singapore for my 3 nights stay when I bumped into this hotel in Agoda list. I had hesitation because of its low rating and bad review. But I was in a strict budget condition that made me book this hotel anyway. Surprisingly, the hotel was not bad at all. The hotel located within walking distance to an MRT Station (Lavender) approx. 250 metres. And along the road, there were some convinient stores. The room was very tiny with one single bed, no window, no chair, no table, no cupboard which I seldom use anyway. I commended their idea on putting shelves at the end of the bed where they put the bed lamp, water kettle, complimentary apple, coffee, tea, sugar, along with the cup and plasticspoon. It was very smart and efficient. The bed was clean and comfy. The AC was running well. The bathroom was nice with hot water, clean towel, and other amenities. They served in bed breakfast and it was great since I needed to maximize my time for my city adventure. And it was okay in taste as well. So, for me, this was a perfect budget hotel for solo traveller. Especially when I will be out almost for the entire day. you should not regret staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Very small room. 2 single beds with a 1-foot gap between. Another 1 foot gap between the 1st bed and cupboard which is less than a foot wide. The other bed is by the wall. There is no window.
The bathroom is tiny. When a toilet is flushed above, the water ran through the sewage pipes which are in the bathroom, the noise made by the water is rather loud even with the bathroom door closed.
TV channels - 17 in all. 9 of which have clear channels. The rest are ghoshtly images.
Noises in the corridor can be heard clearly in the room and disturb the sleep.
One good thing - the rooms are new.

Room Tip: None. This would have to be one of the last hotels (unless run out of choice) at the asking price.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was the people we shared with that seriously, left us tearing our hair out. Making phone calls- i kid you not - AT 4AM, in the room!!!

We stayed in a large capacity room, I think maybe 12 beds? It was just about bearable for the amount of beds, if the room had been full it probably would have been a nightmare dodging bags.
We only had maybe 5/6 people including us two so was manageable.Beds were fine, lockers were decent size, breakfast was basic but same as most places to be honest :)
Staff were nice enough, although surprisingly didn't speak that good English (not knocking that at all, I was just surprised for SG).

Bathrooms were the let down here- a terrible, communal mess. I'm sure it was just because of a few individuals, but they were grim. Also the air-con was utterly freezing in our room- I can imagine with 12 people it would be needed, but they obviously don't change it so it takes getting used to!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
1,754 helpful votes 1,754 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place has attracted a lot of negative ratings, but we were satisfied enough for the price. Singapore simply isn't cheap now: if you want a cheap Asian holiday, try Malaysia, Vietnam or Thailand away from the beaches.

In terms of what you get, the room is extremely small- we agree they are too small. But we would prefer our own room rather than two dorm beds in a hostel, and that is the only cheaper real option in the Island City. On the plus side, the water is hot, the AC is cool, the rooms are clean, the service is good and the breakfasts were fair to average. We found it a reasonable budget option.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean everyday (we stayed for 3 days)& the breakfast was good especially nasi lemak.
All the hotel staff was friendly..the recepsionist (name Angel, she was very helpfull..and the other women i forgot the name..she helped us to arranged a van for took us to the airport..it was cheap rather than we took 2 cab . thank you for assist us when we stayed in Trésor Tavern Hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I had the displeasure of staying here for 2 nights. There are many reason I disliked this hotel and they are as follows:
1) Rooms are the smallest I have ever seen. I have heard of capsule sized rooms and this is what they should be called not doubles. The double rooms are actually single rooms with a double bed. We had no room for our luggage. Extremely difficult to maneuver in the room. The shower is over the toilet hence why I gave a poor rating for cleanliness.
2) Seeing as it is a single room with a double bed squashed into it, the price is ridiculous. Look for better deals.
3) The location although close enough to the MRT is in a car repair estate. This hotel is not really in Little India as advertised.
4) Breakfast was a waste of time. Cold horrible pancakes which I wondered why they even bother. I have got better in a hostel.
5) Phone in the room didn't work.
6) $100 key deposit which seems a bit excessive.
7) Staff were not that helpful. Our flight was cancelled at the last minute and asked to make a local call but this was too much hassle so we went elsewhere.
*the staff are friendly but the hotel is ridiculous due to the room size.
My advice is look elsewhere, try and book early and if you think of staying here, you are better off staying in a hostel. The owner has a lot of cheek advertising this place as "double room", breakfast included and even as a hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights. This is the hotel not the backpackers which is in a different location. The room is miniscule. When I arrived i had to think how I would open and then be able to accesss my suitcase. Bathroom has a shower hose over the toilet. It's ok as its clean but dont expect to be able to see how you look or get dressed up for the evening! breakfast is included but is really not worth the effort of the staff. Location is good - close to mrt which i used to travel all over singapore.staff nice ( in my experience this was rare in singapore - no one smiles!) This is ok for a budget solo traveller in singapore. Four days far too long here unless you want to spend lots of dollars shopping

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Tresor Tavern Hotel? Share your experiences!