“A Lovely Bar/Restaurant - My Favourite in Singapore” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,295 of 7,382 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bar and Grill restaurant serving authentic charcoal grill steak in a comfortable casual atmosphere. You can use our restaurant or our bar area depending on your situation. Feel free to contact us for party uses.
London, United Kingdom
“A Lovely Bar/Restaurant - My Favourite in Singapore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The restaurant is ideally located just off Orchard Road, close enough to the shopping but away from the noise and hustle & bustle of Orchard Road itself.

The drinks are very reasonably priced, even more so during the daily happy hour.

The food is very good, and very well priced, much better value than at other restaurants in the area.

The staff are all very pleasant and attentive, while the owner takes the time to personally meet nearly every patron and help them in any way he can.

If you're looking for a chilled out bar or a nice restaurant in the Orchard area you can't go wrong with this place.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Good customer service & beers are cheap during happy hour !!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Still going strong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I made a return visit to Porterhouse last night after a few months, and am pleased to report that everything was great! The steak was cooked perfectly, and is a great value for Singapore. Best thing though is that the bottles of wine are nicely priced. We had two bottles of an Argentine Malbec that was delicious.

I highly recommend that locals check this place out, or tourists seeking a change of pace from chicken rice, chili crabs and nasi lemak!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great steaks with a South American twist!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Porterhouse is one of those places I walk by every week, and make a note to try. I'm so happy I finally did! In the two times I've been, the food has been awesome.

On my most recent visit, my friend and I had the porterhouse for 2 and it was was delicious (if a bit much!). Cooked perfectly, the meat melted in the mouth. I also tried their house "moo moo" sauce on the side as they were out of the Bernaise -- it was delightful. The humita starter was nice as well. On the first visit I also had the ceviche which was a perfect start - light, fresh, vibrant flavours!

Porterhouse's steaks are from the US and Australia, and they are very nicely priced given their prime cuts.

The wine selection is nice, and the Argentine malbec I had by the glass was very reasonably priced as well.

I love steak, but I don't always like the "steakhouse atmosphere." Porterhouse offers a clean, quiet dining environment. The service is quite attentive as well.

This is a place I will be visiting frequently. The steaks are as good as any of the "name" steak joints in Singapore, but at a fraction of the price. I'm thrilled to have this gem in my neighbourhood!

• Visited September 2011