“Burrata is to-die-for” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Private Dining
Singapore
“Burrata is to-die-for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Was there with a group of friends for dinner and because we all arrived at different timing, the waiting staff was very nice and offerred us a table to have drinks while waiting. The hostess also asked us a couple of time if we're ready for our table but because the party was late, she was very patient as well.

The food there is pretty awesome. We had the burrata which was the best ever! The florentina 1.2kg steak was very good too. Some other dishes we had was the lobster linguine, mushroom truffle risotto and parma ham with melon. They have a list of good wine too. Definitely a place to return to, especially for the burrata. The waiters will be more than willing to recommend.

The ambience was cosy and not too formal. Its a nice place for dinner date or with a group of friends. BUT please remember to book in advance.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely place with awesome burrata!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The burrata is a must-try indeed. Love the cosy ambience and the attentiveness of the staff. And did I say you must try the burrata?

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've been to many of those famous Italian restaurants in Singapore, and I can confidently say this is few of those Excellent ones!
Fresh burrata is NOT to be missed - you'll need to pay the price, but man, it's one of freshest I've ever been served.
Other dishes are all simple but genius. Always satisfied.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Solid Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Fresh parma ham with melon to start with, flawless. Main was the fettucini with truffle sauce, which also was excellent. Quantities on the small side, but quality is above average. Service pleasant. Not necessarily cheap but would return.

Visited October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Great atmosphere, but food below expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a really nice restaurant -- but only in terms of ambience. It's very nice, very rustic and down-to-earth. In terms of food, I really wanted to like it, especially since a friend had highly-recommended it.

But while the atmosphere is great, and the wine collection impressive, I was sorely disappointed by the food. Firstly, my starter of beef carpaccio. Serving was generous and the meat a good quality, but they'd doused it in so much vinegar, the sourness completely overwhelmed the beef, so that all I tasted was vinegar and nothing else.

Then, the mains. I'd been torn between the meat in the ala carte menu, and the Chef's Recommendation of the Day listed on their board. I went for the Chef's Recommendation, which turned out to be the worst dish of my evening there. The stewed beef was tender but tasteless, and the fettuccine was barely cooked; it was cold and hard. I simply could not bring myself to finish that dish.

Thankfully, dessert was great, and that was the only thing that saved my entire experience at Etna from being branded as downright disappointing. The lava cake with hazelnut ice cream is undeniably one of the best I'd ever had, and the tastes of the cake and ice cream blended perfectly.

I'm not sure if the Chef's Recommendation was designed to be that bad, because my friends' dishes off the ala carte menu looked way better. I may want to try them again in future, to see if they're actually capable of serving better food than what I had that evening. But otherwise, based on my sole experience so far, I'd say they've fallen completely short of the mark.

• Visited June 2013