Cleanliness - The room we got was a lounge room. It was pretty basic. It was clean when we got there. The linens and pillows were white and fluffy. I wasn't sure if the carpet was that clean though. The toilet and shower area were clean too. Sometimes, there would be waste tissue paper on the toilet floor but that was probably due to the other hotel guests. The staircase leading to the rooms was sometimes wetc, still probably due to guests walking back to their rooms after taking a shower.
Location - This hotel is literally a few steps away from exit A of the Chinatown station! Plus it's along Pagoda Street which is like the heart of Chinatown so it's really a good plus. The street where this hotel is located is lined with restaurants and shops selling souvenir items.
Rooms - We got the lounge room which was big enough for my mom and I. Three small people could fit in the bed. The other bed was 6 feet off the ground though. Not sure if anyone would really want to sleep on the top bed. The room had two tables, two mirrors, a lamp shade and one socket. Someone accidentally openes our room at 2am though. Do the rooms have the same keys/locks? I'm pretty sure I locked our door before going to bed. I remember hearing a staff showing some new guest around, maybe that was the person who opened our door but didn't s/he know that the lounge room was already occupied? Maybe the management could look into this?
Service - The reception guys were kind and accomodating. We didn't interact with them that much, except when we checked in and checked out. The breakfast fare was basic. They provided unsweetened corn flakes, milk, white bread, butter, peanut butter and some fruit jams. Coffee, milo, tea and water were available all day. The mugs were few, so when we got to the pantry at around 8am, all the mugs were used already. On our second day, they provided paper cups but they were gone the next day. We had to wait for the others to finish using the mugs. The plates, spoons and knives were abundant though. There were a tissue box and sugar provided on our first day but they magically disappeared during the rest of our stay.
Value - If all you need is a bed, a place where you can shower and a place where you can leave your belongings, then this is really an excellent choice. It's a hostel designed for backpackers, so don't expect too much. At least their wifi signal is really good and they provide breakfast.
This hostel is a really decent place. If you don't mind sharing showers and toilets with others, then this is a good choice for budget travelers. I'm going back to SG in November with my friends and I have recommended this place, despite the little incident with our door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are new and we were opened since October 2011. At 5footway.inn, we are built on the concept that budget accommodation can be centrally located, can be tasteful, can be packed with amenities, and can come with 5-star service. Located at historic Chinatown, right by the MRT station, we are extremely well connected and within walking distance to many attractions in Chinatown, Little India, Clarke Quay, Boat Quay, museums etc. You will be glad you chose Chinatown as you spend very little time and money on traveling.. Great care has also been taken to ensure that comfort and service remain top of our list and that you'd wish you had stayed longer. We pack the premise with: 1) anti-dustmite beds equipped with privacy curtains 2) free breakfast3) spacious entertainment areas 4) spacious outdoor dining terrace5) hostel-wide broadband WIFI (yes, even in your beds)6) the latest iMacs for free guest use7) individual reading lights 8) hairdryers, shampoo, shower gel5footway.inn presents a break from the conventional hostel with its well-defined personal and communal spaces, clever use of design and attention to details. At 5footway.inn, small is spacious and budget is boutique. Come experience this with people from all walks of life amid the comforts of modernity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Agoda so you can book your 5footway.inn Project Chinatown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 5 Foot Way Hotel Singapore
- 5footway.Inn Project Chinatown Singapore