We originally were booked for 5 nights at the Royal Plaza on Scotts but were offered a single bedroom studio apartment in 8 on Claymore upon check-in which we accepted. In hindsight we would have liked to view the room at Royal Plaza before accepting, however we were not disappointed with the overall experience.
The single bedroom studio apartment has all the facilities of a regular hotel room, perhaps a bit more room with a small/compact kitchen area which allows for some cooking if desired (albeit with so many eating options in Singapore, why would you bother?). The bedroom area of our room was a bit tight and did not provide us with much space for suitcases which ended up being on the floor in the middle of where the TV/lounge area is supposed to be - not sure if all of the single bedroom apartments are similar. The check-in process was a bit long in the tooth given we had to transfer from the Royal Plaza to 8 on Claymore which is next door. It also takes a bit of navigation through the lobby, out the back door and through the carpark into the lift lobby of 8 on Claymore and vice versa if you wish to access Orchard Road rather than take the back streets which is where the main entrance of the hotel is. Nonetheless, a great location being a very short walk to Orchard Road and all it has to offer in terms of shopping, dining, etc.
The room overall was very clean, modern and up-to-date. There is the usual gym and pool and breakfast room where an excellent buffet breakfast is available. The staff were all very courteous and friendly and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. They also were extremely helpful with our early morning departure and even arranged for one of their security staff to assist us with our luggage despite the very early hour.
Like with most hotels in Singapore, you only get what you pay for and whilst the 8 on Claymore is certainly not the cheapest hotel, it does give very good value for money and is well worth a look at if you are planning a longer term stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 8 On Claymore Serviced Residences is a member of Preferred Serviced Residences, a collection of Preferred Hotels & Resorts. The serviced residence is managed by Royal Plaza on Scotts, an award-winning hotel which is located adjacent to the serviced residence. 8 On Claymore Serviced Residences extends the hospitality standards of a hotel in its serviced residence by sharing its services and pool of expertise with the well-established hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your 8 on Claymore Serviced Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 8 On Claymore Serviced Residences Hotel Singapore
- 8 On Claymore Serviced Residences Singapore