“Small on space, big on honesty” 4 of 5 stars

V Hotel Lavender
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   70 Jellicoe Road, Singapore 208767, Singapore   |
Ranked #156 of 300 Hotels in Singapore
Makati, Philippines
“Small on space, big on honesty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Good points: Clean room with modern facilities; very accessible to public transportation as it is situated above the Lavender MRT station; it has a Kopitiam or Singapore style fast food center (hawkers) at the ground floor area; ATM machines and 24-hour convenience store are available at the ground floor of the building

Possible problem point: Space---room isn't really spacious but you get what you pay for. Want more space? Book a more expensive hotel for a larger room. No frills. Room offers only what you need.

Outstanding point: Honest staff. I didn't notice that my wallet fell to the ground when I stepped out of a cab. I got a call from the front desk when I entered my room few minutes after and I was asked if I had lost something. That's when I realized it. It appeared that the front door staff (tall, lean, Chinese guy) picked it up and reported it to the hotel. Hotel staff should be commended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
V_Hotel_Lavender, William Lew, Guest Service Manager at V Hotel Lavender, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Percydcat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I am happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and I am especially glad to learn that our friendly Team Members made an impressive mark on you.

I appreciate your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back soon for more memorable experiences.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I spent my Christmas break here with my family. I was warned that the room is small (of course, it's Singapore), however we expect the room is just alright for 3 of us without extra bed.

True enough, as my wife and son are skinny so bed size is not a matter we can fit in there without squeezing ourselves.

The bathroom is exceptional!!!! exceptionally small, well let me put this way it is just a toilet bowl, wash basin and a shower cube, this shower cube I think only 80cm x 70cm thus you have to stand still during shower, not even easily moving your body around

The reception was quite helpful and efficient so was the check-in procedures. Our arrangement was room only, no breakfast even hotel does provide breakfast as this hotel is very popular amongst leisure travelers as well as group tours. You can tell it right away when you see lots of luggage and suitcases being put neatly in the lobby.

Getting something to eat is not a problem at all, it is close to few stalls selling cheap Nasi Lemak (take away), Snacks (Old Chang Kee), Wendys and even a Kopitiam which opens around the clock. We always had our breakfast here in Kopitiam, with a mere 2SGD you get hot tea/coffee, kaya toast and couple of boiled eggs (Singapore style!).

Across the street, in Jalan Besar there are also a few small local eateries as well as a convenient store (Nina Fair Price).

Just next to hotel there is a money changer and a small convenient store as well. You have all your basic needs covered within few steps from the hotel.

Lavender MRT station is also beneath this hotel making it accessible to explore Singapore. Arriving from Changi airport we also took this line, just change at Tanah Merah Station then continue with same line all the way Lavender, very convenient!

I could have just rated **** but one disappointing point that I lost my Periplus Book Store member card which I left in the room. I reported to the front desk and they were already trying to locate without success. Of course it has no value, but I already collected many points and wished to claim it after the trip *grrrr* so one * downgraded to just *** is justified

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kongco,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I am regretful of the shortfalls faced during your most recent visit and would like to extend my sincere apologies. Taking your constructive feedback on board, we will continuously seek for improvement to enhance our services as well as to create memorable Hotel experiences. It would be our great pleasure to welcome you again to V Hotel Lavender in the near future.

Shanghai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were there because of a business trip and the company booked this hotel. I would never recommend this hotel... The rooms are very small and not well maintained. there is a very tiny bathroom, no view from the room and no bedside lamps. It's very simple and for these facilities/decor too expensive. I would pay a little bit more, but have a nicer hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
VHL_Guest_Service, William Lew, Guest Service Manager at V Hotel Lavender at V Hotel Lavender, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear ShiMeiLan,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I would like to express my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory stay experience you had. With 4 different types of rooms to choose from, chic decor to plush furnishing and lovely Kallang River view, we can be sure that there will always be one to meet your exacting needs.

Once again, we appreciate your sharing constructive feedback with us and it will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to welcome you again at V Hotel Lavender.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We arrived in singapore on qatar airways from manchester, and upon entering the room found it extremely small. The views were breathtaking,- of the singapore flyer and high rises of the neotropolis of the central business district. Close to lavender MRT station, and food restaurants such as wendys. Breakfast was good- singaporean style, only tried restaurant once, it was quite good. Swimming pool and gym were also enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I guess the room is clean but it is soooo small, sometimes I find myself imagining to be a pigeon living in one of those bird houses. Couldn't hep feeling claustrophobic. The breakfast food is pathetic. The staff is almost trained not to smile ! I was asked to sign on an electronic board with little clue of what I was signing for <excuse: paperless !>. The thing that annoyed me the most is the price tag !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Fremantle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We chose this hotel for its location to the shops and metro stations. Luckily that is why... because there certainly isn't much else to recommend the hotel. In saying that, it is Singapore, and hotel rooms are expensive. We traveled with our 7 year old son, and stayed in a triple room. It was cheap by Singapore standards, but the room was super cramped, to the point where you couldn't open up the wardrobe door because the double bed was in the way. The bathroom was so small my husband couldn't really fit in the shower. It was a bed, but that was about it. The hotel itself was full for the whole 6 days we were there. It was mainly a conference/sporting team hotel. There were people everywhere, all the time. We were on the 12th floor and it could take10 mins sometimes to travel to our floor because of all the stops and starts on the lift. The hotel was so busy that our room was never cleaned, or new fresh towels given to us, before 5 pm daily. This was one of the worst stays we have had in Singapore and wouldn't recommend this hotel to others unless you are staying at most overnight. There was a decent pool deck and there was a pizza restaurant on the 4th floor. They did serve breakfast, for an extra 14 or so Singapore dollars, but in my opinion, it wasn't worth spending your money on it, it wasn't worth it. So in short, don't go to this hotel, expecting to be treated as anything but a number, and then you will be a number in a very long line, so don't really expect anything like service or courtesy, I would not go to this hotel again, I would spend a bit more and look for something better.

Room Tip: Rooms are extremely small, only go to this hotel, if there is no other options. The beds were hard...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Giessen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here as part of the stop-over programme from Singapore airlines. Since my flight arrived in Singapore at 7 am and check-in starts at 2 pm, I was given the opportunity to check in early for an extra 30 Singapore $ which I gladly took advantage of. I was then upgraded to a deluxe room which was awesome. The double bed was huge with clean sheets and there was a ceiling to floor window where you could look out and see Singapore. The bathroom was also very clean and came with a hot shower with good water pressure. Differently to previous critics I did't have any noise problems with Asian tourists and had a good night's rest. It's conveniently located right above the MRT station, so a good start point for exploring Singapore. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to V Hotel Lavender? Share your experiences!