I'm currently staying at V Hotel Lavender with my husband for 6 nights; checking out tomorrow. We read the very mixed reviews on TA before staying and risked booking because (by Singapore standards) the price is reasonable and the location excellent, but have sadly found most of the negatives of other reviews to be spot on.
- Hotel sits directly above the Lavender MRT station which makes accessing all of Singapore a breeze
- Hotel itself is attractive; fitted out well, very clean, nicely maintained
- Rooms are small but comfortable (our room is on the 15th floor, very small and basic, no view but the bed is comfortable and the room nicely fitted out)
- There is a large food court style group of shops next to/under the hotel with a good variety of foods available
- Supermarket within 2 minutes walk
- Hotel has its own taxi rank
- Restaurant on site with good (though grossly over priced) food and drinks
- Room has a safe to store valuables
- Relatively good selection of English speaking satellite TV channels, including Fox Premium Movies channel
- Small convenience store just outside the hotel door
- The service is excellent; staff are friendly and accommodating
- Gym and pool are fantastic and there is a lovely 'cabana' style seating set up at the pool to relax
- The air conditioning is atrocious (unless your an Eskimo, in which case you'll feel right at home). Even though there is a temperature control which looks like you can turn the heat up, it sits at a constant 18 degrees or lower. We asked to have this looked at with no resolution. After a second complaint we have been offered a free room upgrade, however turned this down and accepted 2 days free buffet breakfast instead as we check out tomorrow and dont want our last day to be about packing and unpacking
- Hotel WIFI is terrible. Constantly drops in and out of service. At $10 per day, per device connected, we expected better. After complaining about this also, we were offered free WIFI for the rest of our stay, and yesterday there were notices around the hotel advising that the WIFI is being upgraded
- The hotel is ridiculously noisy; don't expect a quiet nights sleep. There is absolutely NO soundproofing so you can hear other guests through the doors and walls. We can live with that during the day, but being woken up in the middle of every night because others clearly have no respect for anyone else gets tiresome. Loud conversations, what sounds like elephants thundering around constantly and the '15th floor, doors opening; doors closing' of the lift echoing down the hallway is hardly the serene soundscape I expected on my holiday. Also each room has a door bell which 99% of the time is misused by rude guests as a 'joke' (ring and run). I wasn't laughing being woken up at all hours
- The rooms have no 'Do Not Disturb' signs. At the best of times this is a nice option, but I came down with gastro at the beginning of our stay and my husband left me to sleep for the day. Unfortunately there is no way to let housekeeping know you don't want to be disturbed without personally chasing them down and telling them (on the upside of housekeeping, they provided an endless supply of toilet paper for me!!!)
On the whole, a nice hotel but not the most comfortable stay.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.