“Ok for one night but needs some cleaning” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality

Save Saved
You added Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality to your Saves list
Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Netheravon Road, Singapore 508502, Singapore (Formerly Changi Village Hotel )   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
UpTo 25%off +100%Cashback
Ranked #62 of 291 hotels in Singapore
Toronto
“Ok for one night but needs some cleaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in transit through Singapore. The hotel is still 20 minutes from airport by taxi despite being called an airport hotel. The room is ok but needs a bit better cleaning. They offer a shuttle to the airport for return trip so it works out as a pretty good deal for transit stays.

• Stayed August 2013
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Maddydilski,

Thank you for the review and will definitely share with the team and improve on our housekeeping standard. Am glad that you have found our hotel's complimentary shuttle useful. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

Do contact me should you be planning your next visit and hope to welcome you again.

1,223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I spent a single night here as part of a staycation, visiting Changi Village and Pulau Ubin. I wanted a room with a view of the ocean and was upgraded at check-in by a very kind clerk who moved me to the 7th floor (my original booking was for the 3rd floor). With that I had a view of the water, ships passing, and airplanes landing at Changi Airport, and that made a lot of difference. I even saw a monkey playing on the crane across the street early Sunday morning, a reminder that you are not far from the tropical forest here.

The room was a bit small but was not a problem for me as I was alone. Two bottles of water were available. There is a convenience store on the ground floor with very limited selection but enough if you need to buy a couple of beers. Changi Village has a number of hawker stalls for a cheap lunch or dinner; there are restaurants in the hotel but they seemed a bit expensive.

Location is far from downtown and there is no MRT nearby. There are a number of buses that can get you there with a transfer; you will need to do a bit of research, but expect at least an hour. Taxis would probably cost around $20-25 to get to the main tourist area around Marina Bay.

The ferry terminal is just across the way and you can take a bumboat to Ubin for $5 return. The hotel is about 10km from the airport. I guess the free shuttle is adequate, although I did not take it.

I would say that the hotel is somewhat overpriced (I got a deal on Orbitz so paid less than the rack rate), but this is Singapore so your choices are limited. If you are in town for just one night and have no need to visit the downtown core, this is a good choice, otherwise you might want to try something a bit more central.

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade and ask for a room with a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sportsroadtrips,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you so much for the positive and comprehensive review. Glad that you have enjoyed our hotel's hospitality as well as our unique location. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

Do contact me should you be planning your next staycation and hope to welcome you again.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nice and close to the airport...after you have located the desk in the terminal and got your sticker (we had to follow our nose on that one).

Room was clean and comfortable - exactly what was needed for a night's stopover between flights.

Dinner at the buffet was overpriced and the quality of meals was inconsistent (there were some very nice dishes amongst them). The staff were very attentive throughout the meal. I'd suggest some work needs to be done to improve this dining option, particularly for guests in a situation like ours - overnight stay between flights and not looking to venture too far for a meal. I'd certainly look elsewhere for food before relying on the in house offering.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Heags,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you for the review and will definitely continue to review and fine tune on our Food & Beverage experience to our guests. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I really like the hotel staff, very nice people.
The location is very hard to find.
If you need shuttle bus from the airport, you need to information at terminal 1, and get the sticker.
Overal Changi Village is the nice hotel, love the staff.

• Stayed August 2013
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Cristine A,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you so much for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hotel's hospitality especially. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Room is nice and furniture is new. Receptionist is friendly and approachable. But cleanliness and housekeeping really need lots of improvement. Checked into a room with bad impression, items not complete such as coffee and tea. Breakfast is good but staff unable to cope with crowd. Inadequate utensils... no plates and cups... long queue for breakfast. Horrible dinner. Swimming pool no towels.. hotel really need to brainstorm on ways to cope.with huge group of guest. And more training for housekeeping staff

Dear Irenesimi,

Thank you for the review and again, our sincere apology for the poor stay experience and be rest assured we will review and improve from here on.

Merles, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed for two nights in this hotel. Singapore is famous for the quality of its hotels and the high grade service they provide. Given the 4* rating of the Village, I expected good things, especially since I had booked an Executive Club room, carefully specifying that twin beds were essential.
Registration was trouble-free, but it was nearly the last thing which was. There was a double bed and when I pointed out the error, house-keeping sent up a roller-bed which made the room most crowded and unsightly. The Executive Lounge is open for (free) drinks and small chow in the evening and for breakfast in the morning. The food was barely adequate: no hot plates were provided and the hot food was tepid even before it arrived on the cold plates. Breakfast was rather pathetic: no bacon, no eggs, luke-warm fried rice and an unimpressive selection of breads. There is an attractive outdoor seating area: the first evening I elected to have a cocktail out there. Unfortunately, it had rained some eight hours earlier and the cushions had soaked up moisture: I sat down therefore in an invisible puddle. No apology was offered: I was told that "this happens sometimes"!! Is it asking too much for staff to dry up after rain?
Things got worse. One of the hand basins in the attractive bathroom was totally blocked: incredibly, both the taps in the shower gushed water which was too hot to bear - something I have never come across before. I asked to see the duty manager, who promised a change of room later in the morning. At the appointed time I was offered the choice of two rooms: BOTH were a grade lower than the executive room I had booked and paid for and one reeked of smoke. Through the efforts of one member of staff, I was eventually upgraded to a junior suite, but the gesture was spoiled by the delay. In both the rooms I used, the wifi was good.
I was careful not to appear angry, but the response of front-of-house staff was woefully inadequate. Some serious training is needed. The F&B operation needs checking as does maintenance. All this is a disappointment as the hotel is clean and attractive and nicely located for a day or two resting. It is much too far from the centre either for business or for night life. It is close to the airport and has a good hourly shuttle service.

Room Tip: Unlike my previous recommendation in Singapore, my advice is that the Exec Club facilities are simpl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear 73John73,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you for the review and glad to hear from you. My sincere apology for the poor stay experience and do allow me the opportunity to make good our service promise by contacting me directly at kentlaw@fareast.com.sg.

Lumut, Brunei
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

There are several reasons to get a hotel room in Singapore. If you need one for an extended tourist stay, this is probably not the best choice for you. The location is not too far from the airport but it is quite a distance from the main tourist areas and downtown. There are hotels equally nice and comparably priced closer to those areas that would be better. In fact, location is the major downfall for this hotel. Nothing is near to it except a golf course and the beach is not too far. It is nowhere near an mrt station and I even had difficulty getting a taxi to return to the airport at 4 a.m. I lucked out when a taxi stopped to bring a fare to the hotel. In fact, my driver confirmed that taxis do not stop by regularly as it is very much out of the way. The hotel does run a shuttle but it is not twenty four hours. I believe they also run shuttles to downtown and other areas but who wants to spend all their time trying to time a shuttle ride and waste time riding shuttles during vacation? Having said that, the hotel itself is very nice. The pool area is great, the rooms are large, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast and free wi fi in the rooms were also a nice bonus. Local food is available just up the road. The bike rental is also a nice plus. They try hard to overcome their location problems. If you need to stay in this area for business or other reasons, this would be a good choice. For an airport stopover, it is not bad if you confirm the shuttle times or book a taxi in advance. For any other reasons, I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If sea view is important, definitely request in advance as most views are not great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Carrie R,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi !

Thank you so much for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hotel's hospitality and facilities though location wise, it can be subjective as some of our guests particularly like the away from city feel.

Do contact me should you be planning your next Singapore trip and hope to welcome you in the near future.

kentlaw@fareast.com.sg

Been to Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality? Share your experiences!