“comfortable stay but far from everything” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality

Save Saved
You added Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality to your Saves list
Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Netheravon Road, Singapore 508502, Singapore (Formerly Changi Village Hotel )   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
UpTo 25%off +100%Cashback
Ranked #62 of 291 hotels in Singapore
zambales
“comfortable stay but far from everything”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Room is clean and bed is comfortable.

Their breakfast buffet is poor though.

the location of the hotel is convenient if you are heading to the airport but far if you want to go to orchard road etc about 20 minutes taxi ride. G

Good restaurant, hawkers area and bars just
waking distance from the hotel which is far better than their hotel food

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1,224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for a total of 15 weeks so far this year. and the service is exceptional. The staff are always friendly and nothing is a problem for them. The quality of the service has not changed since day one of my arrival. If a problem does occur then it is sorted out almost imediately.
Ok sometimes the guests are a bit noisy when they arrive from their tour, or from the airport in the early hours, but this is to be expected.
The Changi Village area has everything you need for food and drink, and the city only a twenty five minute drive away by taxi which is very cheap by european standards

I would recommend this hotel to anyone for short or long term stay

Im looking forward to Returning again in August

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Ikanale,

Thank you for the positive review and continuous support. Glad that you have enjoyed our hotel's hospitality and it's unique location. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

Do share with me more on your coming August Singapore trip by writing to me directly thru email below, I'll be more than happy to prepare for your arrival.

American Expat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I arrived to Changi airport and took the shuttle to the hotel. You will need to know that the shuttle stops in Terminals 1 and 2 and will arrive where the Singapore Stopover desk is located. It isn't apparent from the signs so I had to ask information. That was the only hitch in my stay. Check-in was easy, and the room was big enough, wifi easy to use, and bathroom amenities sufficiently helpful. Bathroom is generous size, especially for Singapore, as was the room so it's a good choice if you have a lot of bags.

I suggest that you go ahead and add-on breakfast even though it is pricey. It was the usual 3-4 star fare, but there isn't going to be Western breakfast located nearby.

I used the gym, and it was too warm for me. I had to wet a towel and put it around my neck. when using the elliptical. The machines are good enough, but the ellipticals and bikes could benefit from being updated with newer models with the latest functions.

The shuttle returning to the airport was efficient and on time. Check out was also quick and easy. I wouldn't choose to be here beyond an overnight, but it suited my needs perfectly and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear ladyoracle1979,

Thank you for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hotel's hospitality and it's facilities. Will definitely review our gym facilities and appreciate your feedback. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

Do feel free to contact me should you be planning your next Singapore trip, I'll be more than happy to prepare for your arrival.

Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at Changi Village Hotel a couple of weeks ago on business.
The room was spacious and well equipped. Plenty of space in the bathroom was welcome.
Cleanliness throughout was very good.
I only ate breakfast in the hotel, so cannot comment on the quality of the food for Lunch & Dinner.
Plenty of choice was available at the Buffet Breakfast, the only drawback being that you had to try and find somebody if you wanted omlette or eggs done to your liking.
There is an abundance of eating places within a stones throw of the hotel at reasonable prices, so there is no need to eat in the hotel for dinner.
Next door there is a 7/11 store for anything that you may have forgotten. Also ATM's are close by. Internet is very good in the room, with no problems.
The hotel is relatively close to the airport. I took a taxi to/from the airport.
A good place to stay, although not close to Orchard Road and Clark Quay etc.
Lancashireman.

Room Tip: Club Rooms have an extra charge per day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Lancashireman,

Thank you for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hotel's hospitality and it's unique location. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

Wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have stayed here a few times over the years as it close to the Loyang Offshore Base where many oilfield vessels berth and I was joining a ship there. I dropped the front desk an email a couple of days prior to my arrival as I wanted a bed with a softer mattress and this was sorted out and my room made up correctly prior to my early arrival.

Room service is quick and the staff pleasant and I will be staying here again.

Dear paulBH,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi!

Thank you for the positive review and continuous support. Glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us again. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at the Changi Village hotel for a quick stop over between work travel from Labuan, Malaysia to Australia.

After departing Labuan at 19:00, 2 hours late I experienced the usual flights from hell as per the standard that is experienced on Malaysia Airlines, I arrived in Singapore over 3 hours late due to "technical difficulties" with the first and second flights at about 02:30 and Malaysia Airlines had managed to break my bag which has traveled all over the world with me and resisted the vagaries of baggage handlers from almost every country in West Africa and Brazil, Australia, China, USA, Europe and even to the Falkland Islands.

So to top off a very bad trip after waiting to report my bag that was "totalled" I arrived at the Changi Village Hotel after 04:00 and was met by some of the best and most friendliest check in staff I have ever encountered, added to this they assisted greatly with a late check out and were fantastic with good and swift room service orders in the early hours of the morning. Along with a very comfortable room for a very weary traveler.

I would recommend this hotel to travelers that wish to stay in a hotel in the Changi area and I will certainly stay there again if am stopping over in Singapore for a brief or longer stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Markshiraz,

Greetings from Village Hotel Changi!

Thank you for the positive review and glad that you have enjoyed our hotel's hospitality. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Despite the fact that I am probably quite far from the usual clientele of this hotel, the staff made the stay perfect. These people have biggest smiles and interesting stories to tell if you just take a moment and listen to them. I stayed for five days and will go back if ever in SIngapore again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kent_Law, Manager at Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Ttiina,

Thank you for the short and sweet review and glad that you have enjoyed our hotel's hospitality and it's facilities. It's indeed our pleasure to be of service to you and be rest assured we will continue to strive in achieving excellent service and we hope to have you with us in the near future.

kentlaw@fareast.com.sg

Been to Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality? Share your experiences!