“Nice little hostel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Nice little hostel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was actually my first time staying at a hostel so I was a little surprised on how different things were compared to an actual hotel. Nevertheless, I would stay at this hostel again if I return to Singapore. The location is actually great, short taxi ride from Clarke Quay (paid S$8) and a 10 minute walk from the Lavender train station. Staff was very pleasant, rooms were clean, though the AC was extremely cold at night and the single blanket they provide is not enough cover! Also, there were only 2 electric outlets available, so I had to wait until the other people in my room were done charging their gadgets until I could charge my phone. Towels are provided for S$4 and breakfast is included. Wi-Fi is available for free and its pretty fast!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
rl86, Owner at @ Little Red Dot, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us, I am glad to know that your first time @ a hostel is a good experience and we are certainly looking forward to have you @ the hostel again.

Please feel free to let us know if the room is too cold for you, as may now know a room with different people from different countries, everyone will have different needs when it comes to air-conditioning. The next time, let us know and we will be happy to give you additional blankets to keep you warm.

Thank you for supporting The Little Red Dot
Team @ The Little Red Dot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Tanjung Benoa, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed for three nights in this hostel and I feel nothing but secure which is very important for me as a single traveler.
The location is about ten minutes walk to MRT station and it is close to sport centre (stadium)
What makes this hostel wonderful is the staffs. They always assist the guest kindheartedly, and friendly.The woman at the reception informed me how to get to the zoo and suggested me the perfect time to go there...

This hostel sells ticket to several places of interest with a good price :). I bought the zoo ticket here..

I chose the capsule bed. Its comfortable! though the room was too cold for me..

Gonna go back again next time :D

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
rl86, Owner at @ Little Red Dot, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding our property. It is a great pleasure having you @ The Little Red Dot. I am glad that you liked the capsule beds.

Hope to see you again soon, please help us recommend your friends to the Little Red Dot.

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I staid 2 nights at the Little Red Dot and had a great time.Its very recommended so you should book in advance. I liked its location though it wasnt very central. It s close to a food hall where the food is yummy!...and the busstation is just a few steps away. The place is vey nice for taking a little break of the hustle and bustle outside.They provide you a very helpful, friendly and good-humored service a nice terrace, chill out pillows and chairs, FREE internet and computers, books, included (simple) breakfast, clean bedrooms although the AC was a bit too strong for me. The bathrooms are clean as well. All in one, you feel yourself welcomed and it provides everything you may need.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Basic rooms, secure & clean with cheerful, helpful 24 hour reception cover, excellent free wifi and pcs, good laid back atmosphere, short walk from lavender MRT station, not hard to find. Just round the corner from the unbeatable, unmissable lavender food hall, a Tibetan Buddhist temple and an Olympic swimming pool. Hire bikes which work, more or less, for $9 a day. I stayed 3 days and was very happy. Only downsides may be traffic noise in rooms if you're sensitive - I take earplugs. And perhaps a little further out of centre than some but I liked it for that and MRT is close enough.

• Stayed April 2013
rl86, Owner at @ Little Red Dot, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding our property. It is a great pleasure having you @ The Little Red Dot. I am glad that you liked the ambience at our property.

Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

it is cheap, it is not the best.

positive traits:
-terrace
-fast internet access with 3 free computers!!
-comfortable deck chairs in the common part
-book crossing
-air conditioning in the room

negative traits:
-dirty showers (hair on the floor,nobody cleans)
-TERRIBLE breakfast (you can choose among: bad quality cereals, oily noodles, toast-bread with low quality jams, coffe&milk powder)
-no extra blankets for anybody,even if it would be very useful with a very high conditoning
-nothing like the pictures I've seen

I stayed at the little red dot 2 nights, and 1 night at the BearyNice hostel in Smith Street. the second one was very comfortable and cute,seemed another world to me(but be careful,not all the three Bearynice hostels are the same)

(each bed has its own locker-lock not included as always everywhere-, but my room hadn't so much space to open up the suitcase to search what you need. we were not travelling with kids)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
rl86, Owner at @ Little Red Dot, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding our property. It is a great pleasure having you @ The Little Red Dot. We will certainly work on the areas which you have flagged as a concern

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friends and i were stay here for a night only, but we have a very nice experience.

We are staying in the capsule/ room just exactly like the picture above :p it was nice, clean, save, and comfy...*4 thumbs up*

This place have lots of bed and i think you should book for a bed before you come because the Little Red Dot is very reccomended so...you know....

Generally, it was clean and comfy, you don't have to Q to the bathroom because they are plenty, they have hot water and clean.

Other facilities are free wifi or you can use the computers, game console, TV, A/C, breakfast, 24 hours friendly customer service, locker, lobby, security, etc

so, this place is worthy of the award...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
rl86, Owner at @ Little Red Dot, responded to this review, May 5, 2013

You have been most kind with your review. We will try our best to make Little Red Dot better.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Really nice and comfortable hostel! I really liked the athmosphere there, It was easy to make friends (at least the time I was there it was full of great people) Special thanks to Jonathan!
The capsules are really nice and modern (loved the red color and also the privacy) Only minus is the air-con which was a bit too cold one night.
There was three computers (all working) which was great.

I have stayed in many dorms during my travelling and I have to say this one is definitely one of my favourites! Hope can go back soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to @ Little Red Dot? Share your experiences!