“Little Red Dot” 4 of 5 stars

125 lavender street, Singapore, Singapore   |
Hotel deals
“Little Red Dot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My friends and I stayed at Little Red Dot for our Singapore trip and we stayed at the dorm type room. Rooms have airconditioning and bunk beds for the dorm type. Bath is communal so you have to wake up early if you don't want to wait. Free WIFI at the lobby with plenty of desktop computers. They also have an XBox for you to pass the time, though we didn't use it because we were really tired from all the walking around Singapore. They also serve breakfast but we didn't get to have some because we were already leaving for Kuala Lumpur the next day.

We chose Little Red Dot because it's near Lavander Stop and near the bus station going to Kuala Lumpur (our next stop for the trip) The bus stop is just across Little Red Dot and you can purchase tickets there. It's not really a 5 minute walk from Lavender more of like 10-15 minutes and you have to go around a couple of establishments to find it. Little Red Dot is along the main road.

Over all a great place to stay for backpackers and couples, not too much a great idea for families that want privacy and little kids. Place is clean and transportation is easy. Best place to stay if you want to save on accommodations but still see the city.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Traveling to Singapore with my family of 4 and a friend's family of 5 we booked the 8 bed mixed dorm @ Little Red Dot for a reasonable price compared to everywhere else we looked in Singapore. Upon arrival they were ready for us and set us up in our room, the guys were welcoming and helpful with local information. Easy to get to public transport, a quick walk to Little India, and super close to the Lavender Food Center...yum.
Breakfast is included toast/jam and coffee/tea, there are comfy lounge areas with computers and the place was clean and the beds were great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is the best Hostel ever! I had an amazing time at the little red dot. The accommodation is nice and clean and has different shared facilities where you can meet people. A special word of thanks goes to Jonathan! He is the man at the little red dot and makes sure that everybody has a good time. Even in his spare time he takes people to greatest local places in Singapore! Thanks Jonathan!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

This is the hostel you should stay at, great place and the staff is awesome. The location is great if you're looking for a place in Chinatown. It's really worth the money. Keep up with the good work, Jonathan and the other guys at The Little Red Dot. / Wictor

• Stayed October 2012
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Well, where to begin, Jonathan wil be there to welcome you, and he is one of a kind, the whole people there will make you feel like if you were family. I think the place is clean, well located, and price is very reasonable. I really cant say anything I did not like aside having to leave.

Room Tip: stay in the capsules!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Me and my two Friends stayed there two times for 3 nights! We really had an awesome and insane time with the nice people!! ;) we would be stay there on everytime again!
In three facts:
- great time
- awesome hostel
- and Jonathan is absolutly crazy!! :D

• Stayed November 2012
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Got to stay here for 2 nights when I traveled alone and I must say you need to hang around their common area to understand why this is the top hostel in Singapore. On my way to this hostel, I was already having some doubts about staying in this place as it was still 10-15 minute walk from MRT Lavender station, and on the way are some shady or boarded up buildings (very un-Singapore like). When David showed me around, all I can see were wooden tables and swing, and two common shower areas. It was my first time to check in a such a place that I surprised me a bit. The corridor to the rooms were a bit dark and quiet that I was considering checking out the next day! My consolation that moment was that they upgraded me to a capsule bed from the dorm bed I initially booked. My bed looked so cute and the shade gave me enough privacy.

On my first night, I was able to talk with some of the residents of the hostel who are very friendly. I got invited for a drink and I felt more comfortable. That was when I realized that people have been raving about this hostel not because of its facilities but because of its residents. Meeting new people and hanging out with them is the highlight of my stay here that I regretted not staying more than two days. Their common area turned out to be the coziest place I've hung out in.

Room Tip: If you need a bit of privacy but is on budget, I'd recommend getting a capsule bed
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to @ Little Red Dot? Share your experiences!