+ Bed was comfortable, room was a good size
+ Shower/bathroom in general were good
+ Staff were extremely helpful and polite. I've never been to a hotel with such polite staff. Almost suck-up polite. But other people in Singapore were also very polite, so I guess this must be a Singapore thing.
+ I like that the maids actually pay attention to your "instructions" here - when you leave the Do Not Disturb sign out, they don't come into your room while you're gone, like at some other hotels. When you don't leave it out, they do clean your room - this is what you'd normally expect but I've seen many hotels where they ignore your wishes on this.
+ Breakfast was generally very good, with a good choice of both asian and european foods, although a surprising omission which I missed every morning is cheese, simply couldn't find any in the breakfast buffet - not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it
+ the hotel is next to a busy main road - Ballestier Road - which has many food courts/places to eat out and also a mall nearby
- I'd say the location is not ideal, as it is too far to walk into the city centre, but the hotel is 10 minutes walk from the nearest Metro station, which makes up for it, and the Metro is relatively
cheap and quick to get you into town or to any other major attraction.
- if you are prepared to walk 25-30 minutes you can even get into Little India on foot
- I did have one problem with my room, which is that the power outlets were dodgy. They kept turning themselves off if I plugged something in - although the bathroom outlet was on a separate circuit so I did manage to charge my laptop as that circuit seemed less dodgy. Initially I did tell the staff, who immediately sent someone up, all he needed to do was flip the main fuse switch off and on again to get the power back, but it kept happening again/power going off, no matter how many times I flipped the main fuse switch, so in the end I just left it and charged my phone/laptop in the bathroom. Note that this did not affect the lights as they are luckily also on a separate circuit.
- For the price of the hotel I would've expected maybe a small swimming pool, but there was none
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Singapore Novena is minutes away from the CBD of Singapore and Orchard Road. The first international 3-star hotel in Novena, it is within walking distance to Novena MRT station, Corporate Offices, Tan Tock Seng hospital, Medical Centers and Shopping Malls. It features 241 stylish designed rooms with timber floors, free Wi-Fi internet access, 1 restaurant/bar and free parking. Free Ibis shuttle available to and from the hotel to listed Medical Centers and Orchard Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Ibis Singapore Novena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Singapore Novena Hotel Singapore