“Comfortable but poor sound insulation” 4 of 5 stars

You added Park Regis Singapore to your Saves list
Park Regis Singapore
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 Merchant Road, Singapore 058268, Singapore   |
Ranked #62 of 294 Hotels in Singapore
“Comfortable but poor sound insulation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Poor sound insulation, I could hear noises from the corridor. Room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom and the toilet are superb.
There wasn't any cable TV channels to select from. I was expecting HBO or Fox Movies channels for entertainment pleasure.

• Stayed August 2012
park_regis2011, General Manager at Park Regis Singapore, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Moccazz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about our recent stay with us and we are glad that you liked the guestroom.

Your comments have been shared with the relevant departments and will certainly be looking into them.

We hope to welcome you back to Park Regis Singapore soon and have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Jason Dowd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Well , I stayed in the hotel for 12 nights , I can say that for the location is a good price , rooms a bit too small modern rooms , Internet connection costs 32,1 sgd quite expensive , I stayed before at royal plaza on Scott's so there I had Internet and basically if I would stay again I would choose that one ( with the Internet they reach same price ) , I like the swimming pool very much that's the only reason I chose this hotel though didn't swim only twice , in general it's a good hotel
Keep it up

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Vdm10,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience. We are glad that you liked our outdoor lap pool with cascading waterfall feature as it is one of our key features of the hotel.

We are grateful for your feedback on our Internet charges as it enables us to continually monitor our guest’s expectations and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Overall, I recommend it, I think it's a quite good deal for Singapore, considering hotels are so pricey there. Here are the pros & cons:

Pros:

- It's not cheap, but compared to hotels in Singapore, I think it is very good value. On a previous trip, I had stayed at the Swissotel Merchant Court which is almost next door, a 5-star hotel; but I think the Park Regis feels classier and more modern than the Swissotel, even if it is smaller.

- It's very well located, very close to Clark Quay with all the bars and restaurants, very close to Chinatown as well, and the rest of Singapore downtown is easily accessible in one or a few metro stops, or just walking.

- The rooms are pretty nice, a modern and classy feel.

- For such a small hotel, the swimming pool is quite big. The photos are not cheating you, you can do laps in that pool, and the big waterfall at one end is a nice touch; there are also chairs with their feet in a platform immersed in water, which give you the feeling you are sunbathing in the pool; moreover, the pool is not on the ground floor, so you are not annoyed by traffic noise nor people peeking through the trees; finally, there is a bar next to the pool, so you can enjoy drinks and cocktails; very nice.

- The lobby is small, but with a nice bar and room, behind the reception.

- While we almost did not make a reservation here because of other reviews complaining about the staff, we did not see that at all ! Hotel management must have read the reviews. *All* the staff was very nice with us, from the reception clerk (we had some issues with our rooms not ready because of a too early arrival; they went out of their way to accommodate us, providing a temporary room for a few hours), to the concierge (constantly smiling, offering his help and advice, helping with taxi reservation), the bar staff or the maid. Whatever were their staff issues, they seemed to have fixed them.

Cons:
- The rooms are small, though we were really not that annoyed by it. They are not tiny, just not big. Well, I am a European, maybe a US person would have a different perspective.

- The slightly more annoying thing is what others point out: there is no enclosed bathroom; more exactly, the sink is behind a large mirror which separates it from the room, and naturally the shower and toilets are behind doors each. These doors are made of mint green glass: you cannot see through them, but even these doors do not completely go up to the ceiling (they stop roughly 10/20cm from the ceiling). For the toilets, it can be a bit annoying; some reviews tend to exaggerate the annoyance, IMO, it's nothing terrible, the sound/smell isolation remains pretty good, but maybe it induces a slightly high level of intimacy. I wouldn't share one of these rooms with a co-worker, for instance…

- One slight consequence of the rooms being small is that you may hear corridor noise a little more than in hotels where the beds are further away from the door. Again, nothing terrible, and we were not annoyed by it, but if you want a super-quiet environment, there is a small risk there.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms, which are not facing the pool, turned out to be very quiet; they are facing a go...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear gr0f,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a detailed review of our stay with us at Park Regis Singapore.

It is heartwarming to learn that you appreciate our convenient location and facilities. We are also humbled by your compliments towards our team members and your kind words would definitely be shared with them.

We acknowledged that the design and style of each hotel can be a subjective matter of taste and sorry that our guestroom and bathroom were not to your expectations. We have taken note on your feedback with regards to the sound insulation of the room door and please rest assured that your feedback has been passed on to our Engineering department to look into it.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Finding accommodation in the right place in Singapore can sometimes be tricky. Park Regis was ideal. 2 minutes walk from Clarke Quay, 10 minutes from Chinatown, 10 minutes by cab to Marina Bay Sands. It's a fantastic boutique hotel and everything about it was ideal. The only downside was not many cab drivers knew where it was!

Singapore is expensive for accommodation so based on the average price for an average room, Park Regis was excellent value.

Room Tip: Pool side is lovely although the rooms are slightly smaller than away from the pool - I'd pick a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LibbyWellington,

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that you appreciate the ease and convenience Park Regis Singapore provides because of our strategic location and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Hotel is located within 5 minutes walk from Clarke Quay and Clarke Quay MRT. It's also not far from Chinatown. The front desk staff were friendly and the foyer looks modern and new.

The Merchant Queen room was neat, clean and well appointed but it's not very big. You'll find that having 2 people in the room with luggage a little tight. There's a table and a ridiculously large TV. The bed is large and very comfortable and it has the most amazingly soft pillows. The shower sports an incredibly large shower head that makes you feel like you're having a shower in a monsoon rain - most welcome in Singapore's hot weather. The wifi was expensive and should be free.

The view out the window was of the pool and the waterfall feature - very inviting after a day's outing or after a workout in the gym.

In short, I was very pleased with my stay and would stay there again, but wished the rooms weren't so small.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear DrWho08,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your invaluable feedback.

We are glad that you appreciate the convenient location of the hotel and friendly service provided by our team members and liked the facilities of the hotel.

We would certainly hope to welcome you back to Park Regis Singapore soon.

Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Overall a decent stay in here. Best part is location. Everything is quite approachable including Sentosa, Clark Quay, Orchard, Liitle India and Marina Bay. Rooms were a bit smaller in dimension, though amenities wise it was complete and thorough.

It would have been great to have b'fast included in the same prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear PrashantArya,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about our recent stay with us and we are delighted to know that you liked the convenient location of the hotel.

We hope to be your choice hotel during your next visit to Singapore and we look forward to exceeding your expectations.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of July. It was my first time in Singapore - first trip east actually and as a single traveller, so had done a fair amount of research before settling on this particular hotel and it couldn't have been a better introduction to Singapore. The hotel is contemporary in design and suited me perfectly. My trip was part business and part tourist, and this hotel enjoys an excellent location adjacent Clarke Quay MRT and less than a 5 minute stroll to the lively bars and restaurants of Clarke Quay and Boat Quay, as well as being easily walkable to the likes of Marina Bay, Raffles Place and Chinatown.

The room size was fine for me with some elegant touches, but I would have found it slightly uncomfortable if my partner had been with me as it's rather an unusual layout with the shower and toilet opening straight off the bedroom and there is a sort of dressing area. Spatially, it's just a bit compact and as an architect myself, I'm not sure the layout would suit all - but however for me it was perfect. Lovely view and cushioned window seat overlooking the swimming pool with integral waterfall feature. Overall the hotel was very well designed - a good interior designer involved I would say!

The hotel is quite corporate in ambience, but again this suited me well for this first part of my visit in Singapore. Staff were excellent and professional and I think Wai Hong was one particular person on reception who couldn't have been more helpful. Breakfast I found expensive but there are so many places to eat cheaper near by, so I just ate there one morning. Also wifi costs were expensive. But these are minor issues...what a lovely place to catch the sun by the swimming pool, it really was beautifully designed.

Cost was what you would expect for a hotel of this quality, and in line with other hotels - Singapore isnt a cheap city by any means. So to summarise, an excellent hotel in a perfect city centre location which I wholeheartedly recommend. Because I was working outside the city centre, it was suggested I move to somewhere closer by - and it was with reluctance I moved out to Changi Village (see my other review).

Room Tip: Swimming pool views are lovely
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Simone_5133,

It is truly heartwarming to know that you have found all aspects of the hotel to be excellent and thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you liked the design of the hotel. The interior of the hotel is designed by Australian firm Woodhead, which is behind some of the country’s key developments such as Changi International Airport Terminals 1 and 3. The hotel is designed as a city resort and we pride ourselves on giving guests the experience of staying in a friendly intimate resort located in the heart of the city.

We greatly appreciate your compliments on Wai Hong and our team members. Your kind words will certainly motivate our staff to keep up the good work and we look forward to having the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Jason Dowd

Been to Park Regis Singapore? Share your experiences!