I have stayed here for 3 nights.
Good about this hotel:
- Location..very very near to MRT station, imagine after a long day walking and you just feel like getting back to the hotel with the shortest route..this hotel location does help :) moreover, you wont get lost finding way back to your hotel or to the MRT station...it wasn't very hard to catch a cab outside the hotel too as I was able to catch one to the airport :)
- Food: lots of good food stalls or no worries on getting food...do try out the level 2 Yumcha...chinese dim sum
- Souvenirs: Lots of good bargains...good price souvenirs..
- Breakfast: I would say it was good continental breakfast..you get toast bread (DIY), eggs, sausages, baked beans, ham, fruits, orange juice, tea & coffee..although staying 3 nights with continuously same breakfast for three days still acceptable :) be prepare with the crowd but you will still be able to get a place to sit in or outside the cafe..
- Friendly..especially to uncle and auntie (elderly) serving breakfast in Cafe25 (Hotel Lai Chuen Yuen)..they are very kind, patient,helpful and friendly people..those aunties working in YumCha (level 2, Hotel Chinatown) are very nice people too...thumbs up for them!
- free wifi..good one :)
Not so good:
- cleanliness..there are ants in the room..guess likely due to the location? not one or two ants..but few at different location..
- small room..but wasn't really a big deal for me...imagine just nice for a double bed, a clothes hanging stand and a small side rectangular table..for a bigger room..get the deluxe room with slightly paying more..
- only one lift..you have to wait slight a lil longer for the lift...
and one thing about the noise...I'm a sensitive person towards noise and surprisingly I managed to sleep because the room does not face the main street and I am not very sure with the deluxe room condition..since the room is so small that you might hear your neighbor talking or the water pressure pumping..i didn't spend much time in the room..glad i barely hear them talking :)
do book with agoda or online, much cheaper than walking in..
Still I am quite happy with the hotel.its the ants that more bothering us and hope the hotel can improve in their cleanliness :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Grand Hotel Chinatown is located in the highly dynamic Chinatown precinct. Fully intertwined with the rich history and industriousness of Singapore's early pioneers, this location brings forth the sights, sounds, tastes, smells and customs of the Chinese community. Blended into the history and culture of Chinatown will be the tourism and sightseeing benefits that make modern day Chinatown a must visit. Featuring relaxed and open "Hacienda Personality" of the Spanish countryside and in a location that immerses guests in a new experience, Santa Grand Hotel Chinatown is pitched to appeal to the western individual traveler who wants to experience all that Singapore has to offer - from the kampong sweetness and famous Chicken Rice to the exotic local delights Kway Chup noodles, Chilli Crab, Roti Prata and many more. Adding diversity are the nearby historic Sri Mariamman Indian Temples and newly opened Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum along with the many Chinese Medical Halls and shops that pepper Chinatown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Santa Grand Hotel Chinatown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Grand Hotel Chinatown Singapore